• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo going red - a rebranding in progress?

Davey Cakes

That's a flavor of red that makes my eyes sore quick.
I hear you on that, but it's still eye-catching. Not like you're meant to stare at the branding all day long, anyway.

If you walk into a store looking for Nintendo products, just go straight to the red. Rather than dealing with white and blue which is already covered heavily in gaming and elsewhere.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As a further confirmation of the new red and white branding, even trailers for third party indie titles like Super Robo Mouse feature the red and white logo.

I wonder when Europe and Japan will start using it. Japan have started to use a single white and grey Nintendo banner a long time ago anyway, but I wonder if they'll change the colours.

Red Devil

Rebranding? The logo is still the same, now instead of a red logo on a white background it's the opposite of what it used to be some years ago. I don't see it being a super big change to be honest.

Nightbird

As a further confirmation of the new red and white branding, even trailers for third party indie titles like Super Robo Mouse feature the red and white logo.

I wonder when Europe and Japan will start using it. Japan have started to use a single white and grey Nintendo banner a long time ago anyway, but I wonder if they'll change the colours.

Germany is still using the old 3DS/WiiU Banners :/

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Upping the thread because, well...look at the videos Nintendo Japan released after the Direct directly from their YouTube page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA

Notice the lable on the preview. Also (aside from the Skyward Sword trailer), see how the ending of all videos is now the white-on-red Nintendo logo, identical to US.

Top Bottom