• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hints at initial Game releases for Wii U

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, these are just Nintendo games for Wii U launch, I think.

Rehynn

I hope they don't reveal them before E3. I want to be filling my face with popcorn and coke when the rush of extasy hits.

Doesn't seem to fit into either of those 3 titles?

Looks like 3 titles, including spaces

edit:

The second one is 27 spaces

That would fit into:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

If the spaces really do match the number of characters in the title, then I think that is a very, very likely fit. It would be a pretty easy title to have ready for launch.

So are the ▒▒▒▒▒ suppose to be crackable?
Or are the ▒▒▒▒▒ signs representation of letters in the alphabet?

or is it just nothing and a guessing game?

AndTAR

33, 27 and 19 characters - something tells me the amounts are just random, though. Would look like Nintendo, lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doesn't seem to fit into either of those 3 titles?

Looks like 3 titles, including spaces

edit:

The second one is 27 spaces

That would fit into:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

Would not surprise me one bit--especially if it had 3DS connectivity with the new 3DS game.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Well these are Launch titles, I also think Aliens will be a timed exclusive. I wish Nintendo dug deep and pulled something out of there hat for a game like GTA 5 or COD and got 2 months exclusive for maps or something to swing people to them from the other consoles.

ZenaxPure

Nintendo's entire E3 behavior this year feels so different than the typical Nintendo stuff we see every other year. I am really excited to see their conference.

Nintendo should have typed stuff like "Next gen first party Nintendo title at E3?" on facebook instead. These blanks do nothing for me. They could be digital third party Nintendo shop titles for all we know.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Guess what the initial game releases will be for Nintendo’s new
home console, Wii U? Soon we’ll scratch off to reveal the names!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒.

For higher legibility, I quote the post (as it appears on Facebook, for me at least).

The first entry contains 34 characters (that's U+2592: Medium Shade, btw).
The second entry contains 27 characters.
The third entry contains 19 characters.

Three games I take it as, could be two at minimum though? Well, Pikmin 3 is a good candidate for launch, but that is not a valid name for this. The Legend of Zelda is valid though, so is Super Smash Bros. if we are talking only two games.

Interesting of Nintendo to do this, they are really going all the way this year.

jokkir

Hype train leaving the station!!!

jbtdJSZcq4brch.jpg

How soon is soon exactly?

You don't have to hate those franchises to not want those games.

What games? You mean those games that don't even officially exist yet?

Saying "hype at zero" because people are speculating that made-up games that don't exist MIGHT be showing up at E3 is a little ridiculous to me.

Nintendo's VERY confident about E3 coming up it seems with that whole WiiU page and all the hyping they've been doing every single day with it.

They're doing their job...I'm excited.

Top Bottom