• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Recap of Events;

radioheadrule83 said:
I'll try:

Game announcements -
  • Hiki Osu (JP) aka Pushmo (US) aka Pullblox (EUR) - 3D puzzle game
  • Fab Style - dress up / fashion game of some sort
  • Hirai: Sakura Samurai - samurai game, may not make it out of Japan, looks cool.
  • Rune Factory 4 - not new announcement apparently, announcement is effectively a delay to 2012
  • Lost Heroes - RPG mixing Ultraman, Gundam and Kamen Rider characters
  • Thruspace hitting the eShop
  • Kid Icarus 3D Classic
  • Kirby's Adventure 3D Classic

Other games with new footage:
  • Dillon's Rolling Western
  • Harvest Moon
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D
  • Monster Hunter 3G
  • Freaky Forms: Your Creations Alive

Tool / Utility announcements -
  • 3D video recording announced. Record 3D video for up to 10 minutes. Do interval / stop motion recording etc.
  • Itsuno ma ni Koukan Nikki (JP) / Nintendo Mailbox (EUR) / Swapnote (US). A messaging service that allows you to send 3D picture messages and doodles with sound.

Video announcements
  • Hulu Plus for the US (also on Wii)
  • New exclusive 3D video from Foster the People (US/EUR). "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)"
  • Exclusive Michael Jackson's Thriller video starring the cast of Shrek
  • Red Bull and Eurosport sports videos.
  • Aardman Animation providing 3D Shaun the Sheep content early next year.

Firmware update will include
  • New StreetPass Plaza dungeon and puzzles. The quest game now allows two Miis / heroes from your party to battle alongside each other.
  • New firmware update adds ability to transfer 3DS software to other 3DS units
  • Basic eShop improvements

Mario Kart 7 / online details
  • Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel / App from where you can view/download player data, jump into a game etc.
  • You can recieve ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass/SpotPass - you can download up to 7 ghosts per track to enable an 8 player race, even when your friends aren't online.
  • 8 player online, 60 FPS
  • Community features have been added, allowing you to create your own communities and share them.
  • New Iwata asks covers the community features etc.

Japan only
  • 3000 people will be able to win special Mario-themed 3DS' by entering a competition / campagin
  • everyone that takes part gets 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free

Original Post;

Nintendo put on an impressive show in mid September at the Nintendo Conference press event. But apparently they have even more to show.

The company announced today that it will hold the "Nintendo 3DS New Information Internet Presentation" on Friday (October 21). This pre-recorded presentation, hosted by CEO Satoru Iwata, will cover details that could not be covered during the September event.

As an example of what to expect from the event, Nintendo mentioned details on the November firmware update and Mario Kart 7's wireless play support.

The presentation will be held at 20:00 and will be broadcast at Ustream and Nico Nico Video. See Nintendo's page for links when the time comes.

http://andriasang.com/comyo0/

Event will be on here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
190-boss.jpg

its about November update & Mario Kart online according to the 84 guys

Ohohohohohohoho!!! This has my interest. Hopefully they'll show off the revamped eShop as well! I bet they'll announce the GBA ambassador games here too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Drkirby said:
Wait, so this means we get an October Conference, on top of the one not to long ago?
It's the same material with a few added details.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder if they'll touch on their supposedly revamped eshop.

Will the trainwreck remain? Find out this Friday.

From the way Andriasang has worded it, it sounds like that they'll be showing more than just the November update and Mario Kart 7's online mode.

I fully expect the GBA ambassador games to be announced here and details on the final release versions of the NES VC games.

This is probably when they originally planned to have their last 3DS conference, before they pushed it forward a month.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Live Stream ? Okay this firmware update could be big !!!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
#28 post in, no one joked about going 3rd party or some weird Apple rumor, good job GAF

I think most likely will be a 3DS announcement of some sort, something towards it, WiiU I highly doubt it

Social

The Nintendo damage control train continues!

Years of neglect and silence except for 1 or 2 press events a year, and now this.

I'm not complaining though, I love my Nintendo info.

[Nintex]

I like this new panic attack Nintendo, can't wait what they have to show.

Maybe Miyamoto found something under an upended tea table.

JosephManderley said:
Probably show off the 3D video capture? That is supposed to be in the update I think?

Yes it is. This is a list of everything that we know is in this update

Video Recording
Revamped eShop
OS Level Friend Invites (Used in Mario Kart 7)
Extra StreetPass Plaza content
(assuming, but highly likely) 3DS to 3DS system transfer feature unlocked

Anything I've forgotten that we already know of anyone?

[Nintex]

squall23 said:
New? They proved panic mode was awesome back in GCN.
Not really, they kinda said fuck it we'll wait when our new console launches after 2004 and rushed out Zelda The Wind Waker oh and Connectivity.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Yes it is. This is a list of everything that we know is in this update

Video Recording
Revamped eShop
OS Level Friend Invites (Used in Mario Kart 7)
(assuming) 3DS to 3DS system transfer

Anything I've forgotten that we already know of anyone?
If Iwata wants to make Nintendo fans shit bricks he'll show Mario Kart 3DS + Mario Kart Wii U crossplatform online play.

Rhod

Where is the talk of a revamped eShop from? I'm not doubting, I'm just curious.

I've found some pretty cool stuff from the weekly cycling themes. I hope they stay in some form.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kid Icarus AR card game, maybe multiplayer.

You know it.

Rhod said:
Where is the talk of a revamped eShop from? I'm not doubting, I'm just curious.

I'm pretty sure it was the pre-TGS conference that Iwata said they were overhauling the eShop.

Mpl90 said:
Lot of curiosity for the November update!

Well they have been hyping it up for a good while, hell they were talking about the video recording update since before the June update even came out!

This had better be good and I had better get my friends messaging! (Hell, even the Wii had friends messaging!)

iamaustrian said:
btw shouldn't be the GBA ambassador games available sometime in october?
or did they dely them?

It'd be a good idea to get them out before the November deluge before people forget about them.

Oh yeah, conference is devoted exclusively to Metroid Dread 3DS. You heard it here first!

Top Bottom