• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo increasing Switch production, preorders good

Oregano

On mobile so sorry if I missed an existing thread. Quoting Takashi Mochizuki.

@mochi_wsj said:
Nintendo chief Kimishima said the firm plans to increase production of Switch, pre-oder status so far good.

z0m3le

Banned
PS4 sold 2.1m in it's first month and I think 4m by the end of December... If Switch starts off that strong in March with it's small lineup, that will be absolutely crazy.

Karanlos

You can still preorder Switch in many retailers in Europe.

Amazon in several countries, fnac, Saturn, MediaMarkt...

But do they even stop taking preorders? I haven't heard about this practice where I'm from, they still took preorders for Wii even though the demand was higher than they could supply.

But do they even stop taking preorders? I haven't heard about this practice where I'm from, they still took preorders for Wii even though the demand was higher than they could supply.

Amazon.fr/.es still ship day one, same as fnac and many retailers in Spain (where I live).

Shiggy

Yes, they do. Or they have a notice that they cannot guarantee launch stock. Both has happened with selected retailers, but in general, it's still extremely easy to get launch stock and prices are seemingly getting more competitive.

Karanlos

Amazon.fr/.es still ship day one, same as fnac and many retailers in Spain (where I live).

I got told that they would contact me later to tell me if I would get one for launch. Been this way for Wii, Wii U and PS4 when I preordered them. All from Gamestop. Guess it's just different depending on country/shop?

I got told that they would contact me later to tell me if I would get one for launch. Been this way for Wii, Wii U and PS4 when I preordered them. All from Gamestop. Guess it's just different depending on country/shop?

Where are you from, if I may ask? May depend on each country in Europe, but so far there seem to be no problem to get one day-one in mainland Europe.

z0m3le

Banned
PS4 also launched nearly 2 weeks later on the 15th

Right before the busiest shopping season by far? I think it's a pretty fair comparison with March and missing a holiday season tbh.

Also, remember PS4 sold 1m in it's first 24hours, so I don't think it was an issue with time, I think what is interesting here is that Nintendo needed to increase production which we can assume from the foxconn leak was going to have about 3m by the end of april.

I was super cynical about their presentation, and it's chance of success, but I hope Nintendo pull it off. I'd love to own one of these, with a plethora of amazing games.

I know it's been said ad nauseum, but third party support is key. By third party, I don't mean ports of what the other consoles have, but games that cater to the hardware much like the DS's library. So many incredible third party games made solely for that thing.

Cerium

I never bought a WiiU because I could smell failure on it.

I smell success on the Switch. This console is going to make it.

Oregano

Yes, they do. Or they have a notice that they cannot guarantee launch stock. Both has happened with selected retailers, but in general, it's still extremely easy to get launch stock and prices are seemingly getting more competitive.

AFAIK there hasn't been any price movement apart from Fnac and subsequent Amazon.fr price matching.

The Mediamarket deal(€288) was just for the Canary Islands.

Ninferno

Glad to hear it. Hopefully if it launches reasonably well 3rd parties will start to board the wagon. I won't hold my breath for that though, as exceeding 2M for launch is really not saying much.

Great news. The Switch is a good product (with shortcomings), the Wiiu was an awful product. Nintendo deserves Switch to do well.

Agree, it really does deserve to do well!

Don't quite 100% agree with your Wii U statement. Yes, it's underwhelming as a piece of hardware... Not sure it's "awful" though. *Hugs Wii U*

Shiggy

Amazon.fr ships on the 8th of march for me :(

I think they ship it on March 3, but it only arrives at the destination on that date due to shipping time.

AFAIK there hasn't been any price movement apart from Fnac and subsequent Amazon.fr price matching.

The Mediamarket deal(€288) was just for the Canary Islands.

Some retailers initially tried charging 350 Euros and had to lower their prices. And then French and Spanish retailers sell it for even less.

sphinx

the piano man
I love the enthusiasm and optimism.

hey!, how are pre-orders going?

.."good"

c.mon nintendo if you're doing well, hype yourself up.

Top Bottom