• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Insider Teases "Big" E3 2021 Direct Featuring The Legend of Zelda and Splatoon 3

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nintendo is reportedly planning a "big" E3 2021 Direct that will include Splatoon 3, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and The Legend of Zelda. The report comes the way of Nintendo insider and leaker, Samus Hunter, who notes that these big plans may be thwarted by Covid, which continues to make game development, and everything connected, very difficult.

The insider hints at the three games above, and more specifically for Zelda, its ongoing 35-year anniversary. In celebration of this anniversary, Nintendo announced a Nintendo Switch remaster for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. So far, this is all it has announced, but according to reports, Nintendo is also releasing remasters of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

"Nintendo has big plans in store for this year, but Covid is making things difficult to organize," said the leaker. "Unfortunately, due to the number of partners, I cannot confirm whether all plans will come to fruition, we will know on May 6."

The report continues:

"I heard that they are trying to organize some tournaments, one of Smash and one to publicize Splatoon 3, in a couple of weeks we will find out if the project will succeed. Obviously, the Treehouse events and the Direct are certain... But I have to say something extra... The train will make at least one more stop before reaching the end."

Unfortunately, this is where the report provides and it's important to remember this is just a report. In other words, unofficial news that even if accurate is subject to change.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I Hope Please GIF

Please be true, please be true...

Animagic

Banned
Obviously, the Treehouse events and the Direct are certain... But I have to say something extra... The train will make at least one more stop before reaching the end."
What even is this? LOL

Kokoloko85

Gimme Zelda OOT, MM 3DS ports too ( or 64 ports at 60fps ) and Winder Waker HD
I had Wind Waker for the Gamecube and Wii U.... Nintendo taking that money off me for a 3rd time lol

Dr Bass

Nintendo plans "big" E3 that includes ... Super Smash Bros. Ok lol.

I mean if they want big, they would have Switch Pro, BotW2, Metroid Prime 4 (with a lot of gameplay), Splatoon 3, a new IP and maybe a legit sequel to F-Zero or StarFox. That's how they could be seen as having a "big" E3.

All just IMO of course.

GeorgPrime

Banned

I mean if they want big, they would have Switch Pro, BotW2, Metroid Prime 4 (with a lot of gameplay), Splatoon 3, a new IP and maybe a legit sequel to F-Zero or StarFox. That's how they could be seen as having a "big" E3.

All just IMO of course.

Nintendo would win every show the moment they present a new "F-Zero Switch"

Last edited:

Zannegan

All just IMO of course.
That would be an insane year. Hell, even half of that with all the usual little extras would make for a pretty great first party lineup.

Alas, I don't think we get a Switch Pro announcement until a month or two before launch. They'll probably use E3 to hype software only.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wii U owners already been gaming on these Zelda titles for years bruh. And shit, I think WW HD is like $20 on the eShop. TP HD is $50. Unless they release TP and WW in a combo, people are going be shelling out a lot of cash for *more* Wii U ports.

The solution, just buy a Wii U.

g5Dcyqp.jpg

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Breath.
Of.
The.
Wild.

Nobody wants to play Skyward Sword again!
I am really looking forward to seeing how SS is received this time around. I think it's a great game, hated it at first but played it a few months back and really enjoyed it.

That being said, can you imagine being a 10 year old and BOTW is your first Zelda, you see that SS released and ask for it as a gift....I don't think kids, or anyone else, have the patience for SS. Unless Nintendo does some serious QOL changes, SS is going to feel archaic when compared to BOTW and other modern games. Hell, SS felt archaic back when it first released, lol.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t begrudge people following Nintendo and their remasters how about an online store take your digital games to any consoles that’s exactly what you can do on PlayStation. Cut to the chase, Breath of the Wild 2.

Astral Dog

This just means Switch will stay for a long time before its next iteration.
Yeah people are taking the Switch Pro as the 'answer' to PS5/Series X when its just one way to extend the lifetime of the Switch like ONE X and Pro were. Nintendo should exploit it as long as they can and not rush the next generation of Switch

Nintendo usually dominates E3 for me. Breath of the Wild 2 and Splatoon 3 are pretty safe bets honestly, and both already announced.

Will be nice to see what they have planned for this year, since they focus most of the show on the next 6 months.

SegaShack

So the Wii U ports of gamecube games, and then a new version of a Switch enhanced port (Smash). Nice, gotta love that lazyness. I'm glad I don't rebuy games.

jaysius

Banned
Don't get too excited about any of this.

The only good news that could possibly come is a drop of Silksong right after it's been talked about on this thing.

We won't see Mario Kart, we might see Botw 2.

Splatoon 3 will probably not have dedicated servers, making it another great shitshow like the last one. Also there'll probably be no punishment for idling grinders that get 0p at the end of matches and just waste a slot and ruin a teams chances of winning.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This new Zelda Direct is a celebratory presentation of the 35th Anniversary of the Zelda franchise. In a rich presentation approximately long 25 minutes.

The schedule of this Zelda 35th Anniversary Direct is this:

- new extended trailer on Zelda Skyward Sword HD
- Zelda - The Windwaker Return, November 13, 2021 Worldwide
(includes some brand new and original dungeons to discovery)
- Animal Crossing New Horizon - The Hyrule Village update event announcement
- New pins and postcards celebrating 35 years of Zelda, coming to the Nintendo Shop
- Zelda - Dungeon Force
(a free to start game, out on Switch and Mobile this winter)
- Hyrule Warriors expansion, The brand new Wave Trailer
- Zelda - Breath of the Darkness, Prologue Gameplay/Story trailer.
(January 2022, Worldwide)

In this Prologue Gameplay/Story trailer for Zelda Breath of the Darkness, a section, approximately 10 minutes long, of the game's prologue will be shown. Showing the first narrative and gameplay glimpses.
In this gameplay, Link can clearly be seen fighting alongside Zelda a new threat called the Dark Force in underground ruins, but in the end they are both overwhelmed and defeated, losing their strength and ultimately faint.

These confidential information comes from a source inside Nintendo's marketing offices, that it has also talk about a second Nintendo Direct planned for this summer, dedicated to all the games coming in 2021 and beyond.

Bridges

"Breath of Darkness" sounds fake as hell, but then again I'd have said the same thing of "Breath of the Wild" before that was announced so who knows.

Of course there's going to be Smash Bros., it's one of their biggest games and still has a season pass they're trying to sell. It'd be more surpising if it's not there.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There is no doubt that one of the games that the Nintendo community wants to see at E3 2021 is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2. At the moment, Nintendo has not advanced if the expected title will be present at the event, but a reliable source believes that it is most likely that we will see it there.

Recently, Jeff Grubb, a journalist writing for VentureBeat , had a live broadcast. There he pointed out that we will see The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 in the Nintendo Direct corresponding to E3 2021.

In other words: Grubb believes that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is more likely to be an important part of Nintendo’s plans for E3 2021.

mcjmetroid

Nintendo is reportedly planning a "big" E3 2021 Direct that will include Splatoon 3, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and The Legend of Zelda. The report comes the way of Nintendo insider and leaker, Samus Hunter, who notes that these big plans may be thwarted by Covid, which continues to make game development, and everything connected, very difficult.

The insider hints at the three games above, and more specifically for Zelda, its ongoing 35-year anniversary. In celebration of this anniversary, Nintendo announced a Nintendo Switch remaster for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. So far, this is all it has announced, but according to reports, Nintendo is also releasing remasters of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

"Nintendo has big plans in store for this year, but Covid is making things difficult to organize," said the leaker. "Unfortunately, due to the number of partners, I cannot confirm whether all plans will come to fruition, we will know on May 6."

The report continues:

"I heard that they are trying to organize some tournaments, one of Smash and one to publicize Splatoon 3, in a couple of weeks we will find out if the project will succeed. Obviously, the Treehouse events and the Direct are certain... But I have to say something extra... The train will make at least one more stop before reaching the end."

Unfortunately, this is where the report provides and it's important to remember this is just a report. In other words, unofficial news that even if accurate is subject to change.
Even the rumours are boring...

Also how long are they going to use Covid as an excuse? Every other company seems to be getting on with it, Nintendo are struggling getting remasters out.

Splatoon 3 though should be excellent. Let's hope they have something else besides Splatoon 3.....

Meesh

I'm gonna buy the WW and TP "remasters" but I'll also do my due diligence in both complaining on the price point, the weak visual upgrade, and potential features unlocked only by a 25$ amiibo. As any true gamer would, of course.

Camreezie

Known Quantities:
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Breath of the Wild 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Splatoon 3
No More Heroes 3
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Pokemon Legends Arceus

Rumoured:
Zelda Collection
Metroid Prime Trilogy
2D Metroid Game
Mario Kart 9
Super Mario Odyseey Sequel

Of course I'm not saying its all gonna be there but they've got the ingredients for a awesome direct if they do it right.

nbkicker

Think ill call myself a insider , i can tell you there is deffently going to be something zelda shown, theres deffently going to be splatoon 3 shown , theres gonna be a smash tournament , and there will be three lots of treehouse specials

belmarduk

I don’t want to play it a first time. Only mainline Zelda I haven’t played. I plan to keep it that way.

Its not an entirely terrible game, its just bad for a Zelda game. There is one dungeon (The Ancient Cistern) that is very innovative and one of the best in the whole series. The handholding throughout the entire game and lack of an open world really hold it back.

Mozza

Looks like the usual Nintendo E3 direct wish lists disguised as rumors, complete way out there predictions, with a sprinkling of more down to earth guesses thrown in for good measure. ;)

Animagic

Banned
I know I'm in the minority but I don't care about Splatoon 3. I've had my fill of that game with the last 2.

If that's the bulk of the direct I'm out.

Mozza

The report continues:

So basically Nintendo are going to reveal some games we already know about, wow this guy is awesome, I don't know how he gets all this secret information. ;)

Top Bottom