• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo latest Q&A: numbers about E3 events' viewers

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/index.html

Miyamoto:
In past E3 shows, the main method of communication was through the media that attended the show. However, recently we have also started to actively disclose information directly to consumers. A good example was the video we have just shown, which you can watch on our website at any time. Another example, “Treehouse Live,” is an online program featuring video game developers giving out information on the latest video games from our E3 booth. People enjoyed it through new game program channels on Twitch or YouTube. The “Nintendo Digital Event,” which we broadcast on the morning of the first day of E3, was viewed 4 to 5 million times, and the total views of our E3-related videos numbered in the tens of millions. This means that our messages reached a large number of people all over the world through the Internet, not only the people who attended E3 events.

"Bu-bu-bu no conference = you're not competing!!111!!!" me if old.

aparisi2274

If Nintendo keeps up this level of quality with their E3 Digital Events and their Treehouse live segments, I'm fine with not having a press con.

Javier

Yeah, I'm fully expecting this format to stay for the long run. Nintendo truly nailed it this year.

If it means less of this

powers-540x302.png

Then I'm fine with no press conferences from Nintendo

How does this compare to viewership of Sony's and Microsoft's conference or past Nintendo viewership? How much does this offset the lack of mainstream press exposure that MS and Sony received by having press conferences?

Pretty good! I was expecting lower numbers going into e3 thanks to several reports of "Nintendo not having an e3 press conference". Glad I was wrong, their e3 presence was really fantastic this year. Hope next year's is just as good

How does this compare to viewership of Sony's and Microsoft's conference or past Nintendo viewership? How much this offset the lack of mainstream press exposure that MS and Sony received by having press conferences?

I don't know about viewership, but Nintendo has never lacked mainstream press coverage. If anything, they got more thanks to all the whining articles about 'Nintendo being out-of-touch' with the community.

Pretty good! I was expecting lower numbers going into e3 thanks to several reports of "Nintendo not having an e3 press conference". Glad I was wrong, their e3 presence was really fantastic this year. Hope next year's is just as good

It was long due coming. The earlier the illusion that a press conference is necessary get destroyed, the better.

darkmagus

I prefer their new format, the Treehouse live was awesome, we got a lot of gameplay info on the games, instead of 2 hours of CGI Cutscenes and Conceptual art.

Brofield

Wow. I figured it would do well, but I still find that an impressive number to work off of.

If they can get Robot Chicken to come around next year, I would be more than happy. That was easily my highlight of all E3.

Hell, even getting a bit more creative with the Directs (but not too much) would also be fun.

Penguin

How does this compare to viewership of Sony's and Microsoft's conference or past Nintendo viewership? How much does this offset the lack of mainstream press exposure that MS and Sony received by having press conferences?

We've never gotten numbers before have we?

Usually everything is jumbled together, like GameTrailers would say 20 million people watched their e3 coverage all week or something like that.

Riki

Can we now end the bullshit posts that say people are ignoring Nintendo at E3 because they didn't have a stage conference?

BY2K

Membero Americo

What, you mean this?

nintendo-playstation.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo had no conference though so they lost automatically.

Heck, I think the total views of all the E3 videos on NoA's Youtube channel alone are over nine million. Shame some of the ones posted after the event was over didn't get too many.

Though I may have counted the Pac-Man and Palutena trailers when I counted theother day, come to think of it.

Tenki

After this year I want the same every year. A brief, funny digital event with little to no fillers, and then Treehouse Live all E3.

Actually, the English version of the Q&A actually says "tens of millions", so...more than 10 millions :p

Now that would make more sense :p

I mean I some games get 3-4 million views for their trailers and seeing Nintendo as a whole only get 10 million doesn't sound right.

Vinc

I hope at least one of the big three's press conferences stick around for the good aspects of it, but I'm no longer sad that Nintendo isn't doing the usual press conference. Seeing as the other two companies had large amounts of third party content in theirs, it only made sense for Nintendo to use the format they did. It was honestly amazing this year, much more impressive than last year, not just in terms of content but also in terms of presentation.

KHlover

Banned
Completely deserved. The Digital Event was entertaining and I never want to see an E3 without Live@Treehouse again.

Live@Treehouse was game coverage in perfection.

Top Bottom