• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Life: FIFA 18 On Switch Runs At 60fps In Both Docked and Handheld Mode

The_Lump

Banned
Two sports games selling well would make EA and 2K to put non sports games on switch?
If these two games sell well, my assumption will be that next years sports game is a go, nothing more.

Maybe it wouldn't directly provide assurance that other game genres would sell well, but if I'm EA or 2K it would certainly improve my confidence that there is a healthy base for non-Nintendo (read: kiddie) games and therefore it's much less of a risk to budget for some other viable ports.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet on it.

The_Lump

Banned
It ran 1080p60 on the ps3 and 360 and the switch is more powerful then either in handheld mode. Believe me it's nothing to write home about.

I mean I know this is a vague passive troll attempt, but it's not a very good one so I'll bite: It's obviously not the same game as the one on you are referring to on ps3 and 360, not least because it's yet to be released on any platform.

ruie

This is kind of off topic but I can't make sense of it:

I will buy the digital version of Fifa18 for the Switch and there's no place where I can buy it right now/preorder...

Switch store doesn't mention the game; EA Site lets you buy the Ps4/Xbox/PC versions; Amazon lets you buy digital codes for the other platforms too. Just not for the Switch.

What's happening?

This is kind of off topic but I can't make sense of it:

I will buy the digital version of Fifa18 for the Switch and there's no place where I can buy it right now/preorder...

Switch store doesn't mention the game; EA Site lets you buy the Ps4/Xbox/PC versions; Amazon lets you buy digital codes for the other platforms too. Just not for the Switch.

What's happening?
Afaik there's yet to be a game you can "pre-order" digitally for the Switch on the eShop, same for Amazon. Amazon.jp does it, so maybe you can get a code there and see if it has the language you want to play it in, but you will need a Japanese eShop account to redeem the code and to get any DLC

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Hey guys is pulisic in this game and is he better than messy?

I'm American

RBH

FIFA 18 is launching on Switch simultaneously with its PS4, Xbox One, PC, and last-gen counterparts, but because of EA's somewhat short-lived support of portable FIFA games and of Nintendo consoles in the past, some fans worried this would be the first and last football game available on the console.

However, in an interview with GameSpot, FIFA supervising producer Andrei Lazarescu said he believes the series will return to Switch after FIFA 18. When asked whether we'll see more FIFA games on Nintendo's new console after this year's edition, he replied, "I think we are going to see more FIFA on Switch in the future."

Finally, despite previous reports that FIFA on Switch would lose functionality seen in other versions when playing with just one Joy-Con, Lazarescu informed us that different button combinations and modifiers mean only skill moves are lost when playing with a friend.

"[When playing with one Joy-Con,] obviously you don't have the
stick, he said. "You don't have as many buttons, [and] you only have the two bumpers, instead of triggers and bumpers. We created a custom scheme for this, called Four Button Mode. The advantage of it, is that with just one console, you can play FIFA 1v1, without buying anything else.

"You can knock the ball ahead of you by double tapping the sprint button. [For chipped shots and finesse shots,] you can use modifiers--[but] you can't use skill moves.

"Is this the ideal way to play the game? No," Lazarescu declared. "It's just a way for people to play the game."​

I think FIFA is gonn be a huge sleeper hit for the Switch, FIFA people aka Europeans, are crazy people, but a good crazy. They love their FIFA, now give that crazy person, the ability to be crazy about their crazy shit anywhere they go.

The craziness grows.

I have no doubt you will see in Europe people in cafes, playing head to head FIFA shit or whatever they do in Europe. XD love to my euro brothers and sister doe. ;)

Mr Swine

Banned
I think FIFA is gonn be a huge sleeper hit for the Switch, FIFA people aka Europeans, are crazy people, but a good crazy. They love their FIFA, now give that crazy person, the ability to be crazy about their crazy shit anywhere they go.

The craziness grows.

I have no doubt you will see in Europe people in cafes, playing head to head FIFA shit or whatever they do in Europe. XD love to my euro brothers and sister doe. ;)

I really hope so now that Switch is selling well. I want EA to see that there is a market for their games on Switch.

But I do wonder how much the game needs to sell for EA to go "yup, we will support Switch with more sports games and ordinary games". 1 million, 2 million or are they expecting 3 million?

tanuki

It's shaping up to be a crazy year for footy game fans. Between PES and FIFA on the PS4 and portable FIFA on the Switch, I feel like I'm likely to buy at least two of them...

Top Bottom