• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network Distribution: Get a Shiny Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent. (NA only)

entremet

Official PR:

Soar into battle with Shiny Rayquaza, available via the Nintendo Network! This Shiny Rayquaza is not only rare, it is also amazingly powerful. Shiny Rayquaza knows the Dragon Ascent move, which allows it to Mega Evolve. When it does, Shiny Rayquaza will dominate its opponents!

Don’t miss this chance to get Shiny Rayquaza for your Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video game!

It's available now. Distribution ends September 14th.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl931L1nyHo

Again, it's via Nintendo Network, so no need to visit GameStops or the like.

Zomba13

Why no X/Y distribution? It's the newest generation game and isn't even 2 years old!

Have there been any X/Y events? (I mean I know there have been like, one or two).

They abandoned X/Y as soon as the ruby/sapphire remakes came out.

Robin64

In the UK from August 24th to September 20th by getting a serial code from Smyths.

Germany from August 31st to September 28th at "participating retailers".

JoeM86

You can still bring R/S Pokemon to gen 6

Yeah but they can't be used in most official competitions.

Any official competition with GS Cup rules requires a Gen VI native Rayquaza if you want to use Rayquaza

In the UK from August 24th to September 20th by getting a serial code from Smyths.

Germany from August 31st to September 28th at "participating retailers".

The Smyths near me isn't open until September 5th -_- Thankfully I have a competitive Shiny Rayquaza from my Japanese game when I got the serial code from a friend in Japan so I'm set anyway

Aesnath

Could you imagine being one of the people who SRed for hours and hours and hours just to get a shiny Rayquaza only to see this

I still plan to on HeartGold--I'm a big fan of nicknames and SRing passes the time on bus rides.

However, it is nice to see NA get an interesting distribution. Prior to Diancie it was a Dragonaire, which was a pretty big letdown. I'm still holding out hope that we'll see some of the older events pop up (Japan seems to have gotten many of them in gen VI).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I still plan to on HeartGold--I'm a big fan of nicknames and SRing passes the time on bus rides.

However, it is nice to see NA get an interesting distribution. Prior to Diancie it was a Dragonaire, which was a pretty big letdown. I'm still holding out hope that we'll see some of the older events pop up (Japan seems to have gotten many of them in gen VI).
That Dragonite had its HA and nice moves to pass down though. :/

Etria

Australia and NZ also get Shiny Rayquaza from a serial code obtained from EB Games until the 31st of August.

If any kind soul has a spare AU/NZ code (or two), my little sister and I would be grateful. Our nearest store is out of stock because we realised too late :(

If I do manage to get some, I shall pass it on to someone who needs one.

Top Bottom