• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Darkrai through Mystery Gift! (Valid until October 31th)

Richie

The Mythical Pokémon Darkrai was first available at GameStop stores in May. If you weren't able to make it to GameStop in time, here's another chance to receive the Pokémon. Simply enter this code into your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game to add Darkrai to your collection:

Code: Darkrai20

It's the same Pokémon that was given out at GameStop, so if you received that one, you won't be able to get another one.

Don't miss this second chance to get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai. This code is valid until October 31, 2016, so be sure to enter it by then. And be sure to visit Pokemon.com/20 for more details on the Pokémon 20th celebration.

Source. As someone who decided to complete the Pokédex after all these years, this is great news!

The Darkrai is level 100 and comes with the moves Dark Void, Nightmare, Ominous Wind and Faint Attack, plus its signature Ability Bad Dreams.

UPDATE: European gaffers can get Darkrai too, but they have until the 30th of this month to do so, so be quick!

Update: The distribution has now been officially announced, confirming that it will end on September 30, 2016.

Darkrai
A second chance Darkrai is now available for PAL region Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire using the common serial code DARKRAI2016.
It cannot be obtained on the same game as the Darkrai from the earlier Pokémon 20th Anniversary distribution, and is identical to it.

Interesting timing. I was able to successfully use my GameStop code (that supposedly expired in August) just last night and got Darkrai. Wonder if those got reactivated.

Richie

Nice, thanks for the information!

(I think I have 5 of them already, hehe)

You're welcome, pal!

I was unsure if you could get yourself more than one of these provided you owned several Gen 6th games, so your second sentence relieves me lol.

suikodan

You're welcome, pal!

I was unsure if you could get yourself more than one of these provided you owned several Gen 6th games, so your second sentence relieves me lol.

I need to clarify though... I have Pokemon X, Y and AS. I can only redeem one per game so that makes 3 in my case. I use Pokémon Bank to get them all together.

Richie

I need to clarify though... I have Pokemon X, Y and AS. I can only redeem one per game so that makes 3 in my case. I use Pokémon Bank to get them all together.

Oh yeah, that was my doubt, if Bank somehow prevented you from storing several legendaries. I have Alpha Sapphire and Y myself so that's 2 Darkrai in my pockets...

Man if getting event Pokémon were that easy back then...

I know right? Imagine showing up at school with 5 Mews under your belt...You could get mates to do your homework for a week

Akai__

Says my game isn't valid to receive this code for both OR/AS and X/Y...

Is this some stupid US only thing again?

Richie

Says my game isn't valid to receive this code for both OR/AS and X/Y...

Is this some stupid US only thing again?

Glad you commented. I looked around and found that you DO have a chance to get this if you're in Europe. But it expires this week, so hurry!

Update: The distribution has now been officially announced, confirming that it will end on September 30, 2016.

Darkrai
A second chance Darkrai is now available for PAL region Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire using the common serial code DARKRAI2016.
It cannot be obtained on the same game as the Darkrai from the earlier Pokémon 20th Anniversary distribution, and is identical to it.

Azzinoth

Neo Member
This is the first event pokemon I got the chance to get.

I messed up and saved the game after I got a Darkrai with a nature I didn't want. Are you limited to one Darkrai per 3DS or is it one Darkrai per XY or ORAS game you have?

woopWOOP

This is the first event pokemon I got the chance to get.

I messed up and saved the game after I got a Darkrai with a nature I didn't want. Are you limited to one Darkrai per 3DS or is it one Darkrai per XY or ORAS game you have?
It's per save.
I restarted my Y savefile afterwards and managed to get another one with the same code.
Too bad you can't trade them away tho.

Azzinoth

Neo Member
It's per save.
I restarted my Y savefile afterwards and managed to get another one with the same code.
Too bad you can't trade them away tho.

Ok, thanks. I got one Darkrai on my save of X. The only other one left is my AS that I haven't beat yet. I can get a second but getting a third sounds good...but I don't want to reset X and replay it.

Top Bottom