• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Happy Meal toys, cards, and Hoopa coming to NA in November

Forkball

CSlEJkoUEAAjyCz.jpg

OH BOY
Get the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa at participating McDonald's restaurants starting on November 27! Hoopa is a Mythical Pokémon that cannot be encountered through regular gameplay. The Pokémon is recognizable by its two horns and the golden ring that adorns its trunk. Hoopa's rings are said to have the power to bend dimensions and move objects across great distances.

This Hoopa comes with an awesome selection of moves, including the powerful Hyperspace Hole move, a Psychic-type attack that only Hoopa can learn! This is the first opportunity to get the newly discovered Mythical Pokémon, so don't miss out!

Hoopa is available at McDonald's restaurants between November 27 and December 23, 2015. You'll need a copy of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as well as a system in the Nintendo 3DS family. To get Hoopa, connect to Nintendo Zone after logging on to the free Wi-Fi that is available inside participating McDonald's restaurants. The Hoopa you receive will be in its Confined form. When Hoopa is in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, it can transform into the powerful Hoopa Unbound!

While at McDonald's, you can pick up a Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Happy Meal, which includes one of eight Pokémon figures from the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire video games: Pikachu, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Lugia, Rayquaza, Mega Latios, Wobbuffet, and the newly discovered Mythical Pokémon Hoopa. In addition to the toy, each Happy Meal will contain one of 12 Pokémon TCG cards.

Visit McDonald's starting November 27 to get the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa while you can!

Hoopa
Level: 50
Ability: Magician
Moves: Hyperspace Hole, Psychic, Astonish, Nasty Plot

To get Hoopa:
1. Make sure your Nintendo 3DS system is connected to Nintendo Zone.
2. Select MYSTERY GIFT.
3. Select RECEIVE GIFT, then YES.
4. Select GET VIA INTERNET, then YES.
5. Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive Hoopa!
Catching legendary Pokemon exclusively at a fast food restaurant, a preview of Pokemon GO?

Nanashrew

Banned
This really needs to stop TPC. I don't want to go to McDonalds for Hoopa, a legendary Pokemon that's important to the movie.

Current "Happy Meal" toys in Brazil:

iYy0Wee.jpg

Keep in mind that Nintendo left Brazil earlier this year.

Brazil got bikes. They were all karts in the US.

I bought them all for $2 each. Though my local McDonald's had Happy Meals for only $2 so I just got meals for the two toys they had there. It was the first time I had gotten one in over a decade.

I'm hoping I can do the same for these toys and buy them separately.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Do ya want fries with that?

Also the Lugia and Rayquaza looks cool, I would totally get them if they come to the UK.

What do Lugia and Wobbuffet have to do with ORAS?

Kind of random Pokemon to make toys themed around a game they barely appear in. Other than Wynaught I guess.

That's not true at all. I have two Yoshi Motorcycles I'm looking at right now lying on my gaming stand up.

Oh you're right, I'm wrong.

Then again I haven't taken any out except one of three Toads I have to play with 2 year-old. They're currently in a plastic bag.

You get the Visor they had? I wish I had bought one more.

From a business-strategy perspective, this completely devalues the Pokemon brand. The very idea is akin to symphony orchestras sullying their brand by doing concerts with Zelda music

Crazyorloco

Got my hoopa (actually two since i have pokemon X and ruby downloaded) I wish I knew which cards were available with the toys.

P.s. target has a nice 10 dollar deal on the card tins. Going there today for that.

Faenix1

Long shot but here goes:

Anyone got a spare game and is willing to grab me a Hoopa?

In Canada - if it's even here - I think only Best Buy has Nintendo Zone, but the closest Nintendo Zone is an hour away. Not exactly got the time for that. lol

Holmes

My husband and I actually went to a McDonald's today for the first time in ages, but we didn't know about this and didn't bring our 3DS's. :/

Prosopon

I remember back when I was a kid in the 2000s, they had a recall of pokemon toys after the pokeball key-chains suffocated a kid.

To get Hoopa:

How does one exactly connect to Nintendo Zone? Do I have to delete one of my three internet connection settings for Nintendo Zone?

To get Hoopa:

How does one exactly connect to Nintendo Zone? Do I have to delete one of my three internet connection settings for Nintendo Zone?

I think you don't. Rather, the Nintendo Zone is an app on the 3DS homescreen - should be a standard antenna and signal icon.

Top Bottom