• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Happy Meal toys, cards, and Hoopa coming to NA in November

Stage On

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Wi-fi at Mcdonalds on their 3ds?

I tired but I couldn't get the page for the acceptance agreement to pop up using the build in internet browser

They have.

Nevermind, I found a way to do it without homepass on GBAtemp.

PewnyPL: Seems I was right. No need for MAC cloning or anything. Just set your router's SSID to "McDonalds Free WiFi" (without quotes, CAPITALISATION MATTERS!) and turn off security (no WEP/WPA/WPA2), then go to Mystery Gift -> From Internet in the game (tested on US version of X and AS)

I used it on Y and OR and it worked.

Oneself

Ate some junk food tonight and my son got the Primal Groudon. I don't care about Pokemon and he's too young to know what it is but he enjoyed playing in the bath with that dinosaurish thing. It doesn't float and he found that to be quite funny.

I tired but I couldn't get the page for the acceptance agreement to pop up using the build in internet browser
The wifi at my store is always off to prevent people from just sitting in the lobby all day.

There's an off and on switch in the back of my store at least.

Faenix1

Anyone know if that SSID trick works in Canada?

Tempted to try and change my routers SSID, though I don't think I'm suppose to have access. lol

Anyway to kinda fake it instead of actually changing it?

fernoca

If your phone allows to create a hotspot, just start a session and rename it to McDonalds Free WiFi.

Turn off the modem/wifi the 3DS auto-connects, the go to the game and choose Mystery Gift Via Internet. The 3DS will connect to the hotspot named McDonalds Free WiFi, download the Pokémon...and that's it. No need to erase or change settings on the 3DS.

pizzacat

Banned
Current "Happy Meal" toys in Brazil:

iYy0Wee.jpg

Keep in mind that Nintendo left Brazil earlier this year.

Donkey Kong looks determined

I went to a McDonalds and it said Nintendo zone was discontinued
The crappy application was discontinued, but there's still free Wifi there that your 3DS autoconnects to and is a "special" place to get the pokemon.

I found a video that explains that you need to replace one of your three internet connections to McDonald's to download Hoopa. The system will not autoconnect to anything

https://youtu.be/EBqTAHPhNxo

Did the above and was able to download five Hoopa :)

Stage On

I found a video that explains that you need to replace one of your three internet connections to McDonald's to download Hoopa. The system will not autoconnect to anything

https://youtu.be/EBqTAHPhNxo

Did the above and was able to download five Hoopa :)

I DID connect to teh McDonalds but when it does the test it constantly failed...

The works at mcdonalds said you have to accept a terms of service aggrement when using the wi-fi first, but when I opened the internet broswer the tos page wouldn't pop up for me making it impossible to get online

Madao

got this thanks to the router trick. good thing the games can be fooled that easily. it works from any country from what i've seen as long as it is in the game's region (any country with the America region can receive it. i got it in Panama)

it will be very sad once this is gone next gen since TPC's bullshit events seem to be forever.

Isn't hoopa an omega Ruby and alpha sapphire exclusive?

only his Unbound form is exclusive to ORAS. base Hoopa is in XY.

Top Bottom