• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America Employee Gone Missing.

NOA have lots of non-R&D localsiation staff (even things like cafeteria staff and cleaners, believe it or not Reggie and Mario don't do it all). Just saying before you get worried E3 will have to be canceled.

If she didn't come home on Mon then why were police called the next day on Tue? School conferences don't last all night.
Schools have 24 hour phone lines?

I guess the husband got the call from Nintendo asking where their employee is and he thought "oh please don't be a runn...*calls school* ah, snap"

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NOA have lots of non-R&D localsiation staff (even things like cafeteria staff and cleaners, believe it or not Reggie and Mario don't do it all). Just saying before you get worried E3 will have to be canceled.

I guess the husband got the call from Nintendo asking where their employee is and he thought "oh please don't be a runn...*calls school* ah, snap"
If true, that all happened on Tuesday. According to her husband, she disappeared without a trace on Monday after making a large withdrawl. Never came home. Didn't even contact her own sister. And she left her purse. Maybe that's typical behavior for her but the story has a bad smell to it.

Maybe she did run, using cash to travel, but if the police are worried then they must smell trouble too.

I hope she is fine, wherever she is.

I hope E3 won't get canc-

Whoa!! Really?! I never knew!! :O

E3 saved!

If she went missing on Monday why didn't the husband contact the police that night? Why did he leave it til the next day?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, she looks crazy.

She probably just wanted to get away from the equally crazy husband.

Also, this story has the flimsiest connection to gaming ever... second to iOS game threads.
iKid, iKid

TheOGB

Banned
ITT: We recognize that we're all terrible people and simultaneously hope for the best

I do hope she's okay, but I lol'd at the thread.

Sounds more like she took her money and left to me, but that's just me.
your avatar

oh lawd

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guess what.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120425/NEWS01/704259856

They actually found her! (Well, SHE contacted her family back.)

EVERETT -- An Everett woman reported missing in early February has been found safe in Florida.

Meara Lynn Nichols, 33, contacted family members, Everett police Lt. Robert Goetz said.

Police in Everett were in contact with a Florida law enforcement agency, Goetz said.

Nichols was reported missing by her husband after she left her home in the 6800 block of Commercial Avenue and didn't return.

"She has not been talking too much about her reason for leaving," Goetz said.

KingJ2002

she left her car and her purse... but withdrew a large amount of money and just disappeared.

sounds like foul play on her part.

especially if she decided to not tell her husband what she was doing beforehand.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Let's not just randomly assume shit and then throw the word "probably" on it because that's what TV soaps have led you to believe.
Well obviously it was some sort of crisis if a kidnapping is ruled out. Infidelity or mental instability is much more plausible at this point. I mean, no one just withdrawals a large amount of money and disappears/leaves without reason, especially if she was a mother.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well obviously it was some sort of crisis if a kidnapping is ruled out. Infidelity or mental instability is much more plausible at this point. I mean, no one just withdrawals a large amount of money and disappears/leaves without reason, especially if she was a mother.

None of you are reading the update, are you? She's not kidnapped, she ran away. She contacted her family and is in Florida. That's it. If there's some hidden kidnapper, it isn't in these articles.

pakkit

Banned
Well obviously it was some sort of crisis if a kidnapping is ruled out. Infidelity or mental instability is much more plausible at this point. I mean, no one just disappears/leaves without reason, especially if she was a mother.

Fathers do it all the time. wakawaka

I'm simply saying that the width of crises that could have spurred this behavior is big enough that it's pointless to guess.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
None of you are reading the update, are you? She's not kidnapped, she ran away. She contacted her family and is in Florida. That's it. If there's some hidden kidnapper, it isn't in these articles.

Reread that please. I said a kidnapping is ruled out implying that she wasn't kidnapped.

Fathers do it all the time. wakawaka

I'm simply saying that the width of crises that could have spurred this behavior is big enough that it's pointless to guess.

How dare you doubt my credibility as a junior investigator =P

RiZ III

oW0ZE.jpg

Can't believe this took more than 5 posts.

CTE

So abusive husband, unstable mother, mother hid in Florida.

I feel bad for the son.

Why is it automatically abuse from the husband? Maybe she met someone online and thought it would work out. Left her family for that person and realized a few months later it wasn't going to work. Now she's trying to make good on her dick move.

If she went missing on Monday why didn't the husband contact the police that night? Why did he leave it til the next day?

You can't report someone missing until they are gone 24 hours.

Top Bottom