• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Cover - Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate (3DS)

giggas

You guys are party poopers. I'm excited, can't wait to learn more. Also glad to see Konami giving the 3DS a game with some effort behind it.

Beth Cyra

I didnt said anything about banning people. Should have quoted the one who said that.
People aren lt being close minded though so your equally as wrong as him/her.

If people liked LoS then great, disliking it because it took ques from GoW or how it ran is a legitimate reason and not something that should just be written off.

LowParry

Apparently wanting something simple was too much. I now wonder how much of the game will be good like the first.

Some times you just got to roll with what's offered. It's either good or bad in the end. Sadly I'm not a big handheld player. :(

The constant reports about Mirror of Fate was it would have two characters. There's a reason Simon is on the cover and Trevor is the character they talk about for ingame stuff.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that the game is attempting very heavily in emulating the original Lords of Shadow in its approach. It was an okay game, but I do not want to see more titles that play with all of the blemishes I did not enjoy from the first. One of the reasons I am excited for Lords II is because there were reports that the game would be on an all-new engine and be an open world game ala Darksiders and the Batman games. Here, I was hoping for traditional Castlevania. No need to be outrageous, just some basic Castlevania stuff on the 3DS.

Apparently wanting something simple was too much. I now wonder how much of the game will be good like the first.
Thanks for the information, that really helped understanding the tag line than :O.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People aren lt being close minded though so your equally as wrong as him/her.

If people liked LoS then great, disliking it because it took ques from GoW or how it ran is a legitimate reason and not something that should just be written off.

Lords of Shadow took the any action game Route with platforming not something that GoW is made originally. So you are basically shooting shots at random. People IMO (doesnt necesarily means you have to agree ir disagree with me are being close minded) are Close minded because Konami could pull out the best Castlevania game ever on 3D (not saying Lords of Shadows is the best one btw) and Igavania fans will bash it as not being sprite based 2D game. Simply as that is a sign of being close minded and not wanting a change which is needed.

Ahasverus

From 4chan's man who leaked correctly the details about this being the cover and others.
Axes for Simon
Crosses for Trevor.
they want to give slightly different playstyle to the characters despite the core being the same.
You know what's also awesome and made me respect MS a bit more? Konami's proposal was to have a single castle and the characters will replay the same parts (like endgame secret characters), however. they ended up designing new levels for ecah character. They have now twice the amount of "expected" playtime.

Mercury are awesome

Slime

Banned
Actually liked LOS, but I was optimistic about the rumors that this would be 2D, or at least ROB remake-style 2.5D. Not really feeling the isometric 3D, 2D plane, LOS-style combat.

Hopefully the LOS subtitle indicates there's still some hope for more traditional Castlevania games, and these will just continue to be their own little thing.

Beth Cyra

May you tell me what God of War brought new to the table of Action games and how is Lords of Shadow a clone when they play and feel completely different?
No.

This argument has been had enough, people have said their peace and there is zero reason for this many people to lie. Loom a any LoS thread and you will see why myself and others list out reasons indetqil why it felt like GoW.

People liked the game cool. I'm tired of seeing people write off the thoughts and feeling of several Castle fans as if we are liars or close minded.

Proceeding with caution, will still probably get it.
Not sure I like the idea of the LoS combat system being put into what I assume is a 2.5D game but i'm not going to write it off just yet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No.

This argument has been had enough, people have said their peace and there is zero reason for this many people to lie. Loom a any LoS thread and you will see why myself and others list out reasons indetqil why it felt like GoW.

People liked the game cool. I'm tired of seeing people write off the thoughts and feeling of several Castle fans as if we are liars or close minded.

Not calling you a liar or any of the fans here. But most of the guys seems to be twisting things to what is more of their liking which isnt any bad since you will like what you like as I will enjoy what I like.

Anyhow move on.

Rikkun

So what if it has that type of combat system, but really good 2D platforming, and a great soundtrack. That is definitely possible.

Honestly i'm hyped since i've seen it done with Viewtiful Joe, and although this isnt Clover or even Capcom related, I dont see why the game couldnt have a detailed combat system + cool 2D platforming with a 2.5D viewpoint that shifts perspective ala Viewtiful Joe.

Still not interested, in this age I have THOUSANDS of games that pick my interest more than a somethingD Castlevania.
I played LOS because my friends gifted it to me even if I said everyone I disliked it, and I disliked it. I don't care about swinging or LOS fighting mechanics, so right now I'm totally uninterested.

Castlevania is dead then. Guess Contra is next with some reboot at this E3, I'm surprised it even lasted that long.

Funny how Konami have now killed every franchise I've been interested in from them, while that Metal Gear game from Platinum will be the first from the series that I will properly look into.

Ahasverus

Funny how Konami have now killed every franchise I've been interested in from them, while that Metal Gear game from Platinum will be the first from the series that I will properly look into.
Killed? CV is more alive than ever, we'll get 2 games annouced in a week both of them with lots of expectations. If you don't like the new direction, fine, but don't go out and say CV is dead. It's not. It's awesome.

Beth Cyra

Killed? CV is more alive than ever, we'll get 2 games annouced in a week both of them with lots of expectations. If you don't like the new direction, fine, but don't go out and say CV is dead. It's not. It's awesome.
We will see after how these two preform.

I do however expect well but I do think we will see a larger the normal fall of in LoS2. Still better then Iga's last titles but I think more alive then ever given how the franchise was in NES and SNES days might not be correct.

Maedhros

Dodge in a 2D/2.5D game sounds really bad (it's not like it's really usefull in the DS/GBA/titles and SOTN)... unless the game plays like Super Mario 3D land... maybe it can work.

Ahasverus

Dodge in a 2D/2.5D game sounds really bad (it's not like it's really usefull in the DS/GBA/titles and SOTN)... unless the game plays like Super Mario 3D land... maybe it can work.
I hope it is like SM3DL. Mercury already toyed with camera angles in the original Lords.

Yes, they've obviously killed the previous direction of the series that I cared about. I don't give a damn about sales, I'm not talking about them.

Yuterald

I would have preferred an IGA game, but I liked Lords of Shadow a lot so I'm down. I saw the pics and it looks kinda nice. I guess I need to see it in motion before I judge it.

Personally, I'm loving all the bitterness. I feed off of that. I had no idea what they would with the franchise on a hand held, and its refreshing enough from the 2.5 angle presented. An actually competent fleshed out title, with ingrained mechanics can never be a bad thing. I'm only worried MS art may not be fully represented on such a weak system, but I think they can pull it off, and the atmosphere will simply be sumptuous.

jokkir

I'm still kinda hyped. There will be gameplay at E3, right?

Also, what happened to Iga anyway? other than he became Konami's janitor or something like that.

GDGF

Soothsayer
My last comment for this Thread.

Haters gonna hate.

StayOnTopic.gif

Teknoman

You don't really believe any of that is going to happen, do you?

I'm just saying it's possible. After all, looking at recent titles that people thought would suck and turned out to be pretty good (Binary Domain, Dragon's Dogma, and a few others i'm sure i'm missing) i'd say there is a decent chance of this.

Especially if they listen to constructive criticism gained from the first. They just need to infuse more classic Castlevania elements into the series, rather than just plunk Trevor in and go from there.

Also no reused environments.

I just hope the soundtrack is better this time. I didn't care much for Lords of Shadow, but the soundtrack was the worst part of it in my opinion. I think there was only one song I liked in the entire game and it was a remade song from Super Castlevania IV.

Ahasverus

Yes, they've obviously killed the previous direction of the series that I cared about. I don't give a damn about sales, I'm not talking about them.
They killed the direction in which I liked Prince of Persia to be, or Driver, Bioshock, or Deus Ex, but I don't say they're dead.

Teknoman

I just hope the soundtrack is better this time. I didn't care much for Lords of Shadow, but the soundtrack was the worst part of it in my opinion. I think there was only one song I liked in the entire game and it was a remade song from Super Castlevania IV.

Which one was that? And yes, i'm with you on that. I liked maybe...3 themes from LoS:

Hunting Path

Ogre Battle

Ice Titan

but the series could definitely stand to draw more from the classic entries...remixing or recreating them in orchestral fashion.

Viewtiful Joe says, "Sup?"

Yeah I can see a quick crouch or quick dodge working nicely.

Tildom

Banned
I love Igarashi's Castlevanias and I love Lords of Shadow too.

It's a great news this Castlevania from Mercury Steam. I expect see more things these friday and the next week. I hope I can play it!!

The M.O.B

I'll willing to give Mercury Steam a chance, I don't particulary think the series needs IGA anymore. Love the old school CV games and the Igavanias, aswell as some of the 3D ones.(not LOS)

That framerate better be locked at 30 or more though

Top Bottom