• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Mario Kart Wii info!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm actually sitting on this month's magazine right now :lol I'm busy with a final right now but if tomorrow there is anything people still want to know, I'll post it

Relix said:
Is it ok if I am not the least excited with MK Wii?
Sure, as long as I'm given the same courtesy around FFXIII release.

Hehe. I don't see why not honestly. Double Dash was an all around disappointment because of it's serious lack of speed. I loved Kart DS though some I'm excited. They can't screw up the flow of the series that badly again...

I hope.

Lobster

Banned
GUYS! NIGHTS SUMMARY!

From an email he sent me.

- Game captures the sensation of flight just like the first game
- Takes a bit of getting used to for newcomers especially
- Has great music and sound - impressive environments, much color to the graphics
- No more frame rate problems that were mentioned in some previews
- Soundtrack is really good - orchestrated
- Flight still on rails
- More and more rewarding as you continue to play - addictive
- Don't enjoy some of the voice acting
- On-foot levels are pretty boring
- Motion controls of the controllers don't seem to work too well - better with the analog stick
- "Whole is somehow greater than the sum of its parts"

Enjoy!

Website of all this awesomeness!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
Question 3: The last two Mario Karts had snaking. Anything to change that pattern?

PLEASE CRIPPLE SNAKING NINTENDO

Dimmuxx said:
The screenshots that are out are really old u know.

Well hey, until I see new screenshots, I'm judging them on the old ones. Even the screenshots they released when they announced the bikes look worse than Double Dash.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
When is ASH coming? Any changes for NA?

And if Mario Kart Wii doesn't have power sliding, I'm burning all of you naysayers

I think the real questions here are:
1. Can you play as a Hammer Brother?
2. Will DK Jr. make his long awaited return to Mario Kart?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes, Mario Kart Wii will be a day one purchase.

Wow, I think they're pulling a SMG/ SMS difference here, with SMGWii being what DD has never been (not a bad game, but felt incomplete)

Nintendo's on a roll lately. Can't wait.

Zilch

Banned
Oh hell yes, Sonic RPG info finally!

Maybe this means info will be hitting the web within the next month, too.

dyls

Ranger X said:
What an horrible idea :lol

(sorry)

Why is that a bad idea? If the BB is sensitive enough I think it would be pretty fun. And seeing as how it's built for use for 8-year old Japanese girls who probably weigh as much as one of my legs, I assume it will be plenty sensitive.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really hope that Sonic RPG turns out good...its is Bioware after all.

I want gripping moral choices like killing all of Sonic's shitty friends with a harpoon gun.

ethelred

I don't care about any of the info posted on Mario Kart, but I see that Sonic RPG is in their next issue. Yay! Hopefully that means the game is actually getting unveiled soon.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the only racing game i care about.
bob-bomb blast in double dash in the pipe plaza is pure unadulterated incredible

The Mario Kart info sounds good. It doesn't sound like an early 08 release though. Sounds like maybe it'll come in the Summer for the US.

It makes sense that psyche-locks are gone in AJ:AC4. The new assistant is a magician, not a spirit medium. Not presenting profiles sounds kind of silly. It's not a bid deal though.

A Link to the Snitch said:
What the fuck.

Why are you surprised that Psyche-locks are gone? Maya and Pearl (and thus the Magatama) aren't around.

Actually, you still get psyche-locks in a specific portion of the game...

Pureauthor said:
Why are you surprised that Psyche-locks are gone? Maya and Pearl (and thus the Magatama) aren't around.

Actually, you still get psyche-locks in a specific portion of the game...

I was reacting to the lack of profile presenting.

So...

What the fuck.

namor7

sounds great...still not sure about the stunts, but my interest was just upped a notch.

nights? score sounds too high.

JayDub

Proven said:
Question 1: Is this a hop or hopless Mario Kart?

Question 2: How do you pull off a powerslide and powerslide boost?

Question 3: The last two Mario Karts had snaking. Anything to change that pattern?

Seriously, it killed the DS' online pretty quick.

Lobster

Banned
Mario Kart Wii has motorbikes now..if they want to have motorbikes im pretty sure snaking should be out of the game..you can't really snake on a motorbike unless you want to die.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Shikamaru Ninja said:
The game sounds great. I really think the team learned a lot from the brilliant Mario Kart: DS.

As far as the controls go, both Reggie and Satoru have both hinted the game will support traditional controls (nunchuk+wiimote) for experienced players and an intuitive (wiimote steering wheel) new way to play for new gamers.

Mario Kart DS was amazing, and that gives me plenty of hope for this title. If it's as good as MKDS, it will be perfect already.

(As far as "snaking" goes... the thing we all recognize as "snaking" {unlimited turbo boosting through large sections of levels} was obviously a game design oversight and I'm sure it won't be returning. Standard mini turbo boosts will be there, of course...)

Lobster

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
That Nights score is pretty high when compared to the EGM scores.

EGM gave it pretty good scores for a tough magazine though. Im just hoping I enjoy it as much as Nintendo Power rather then Jonnyram..

Lobster said:
Its Phoenix Wright for the western audience.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Phoenix Wright games are amazing, does this Harvey Birdman game just fucking suck or something? How hard would it be to make a Phoenix Wright game, with different characters inserted? HUH??!??!?!?! HOW HARD?!?!

grandjedi6

Greatness Gone said:
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Phoenix Wright games are amazing, does this Harvey Birdman game just fucking suck or something? How hard would it be to make a Phoenix Wright game, with different characters inserted? HUH??!??!?!?! HOW HARD?!?!

-Its still a game based on a tv show
-it was made by High Voltage Software
-Everything we've seen of the game suggests great lazyness in making the title
-The Phoenix Wright games have mediocre gameplay and rely on the story and characters to pull it along, very easy to mess up in the wrong hands
-its a PSP/PS2 port

Lobster

Banned
Greatness Gone said:

It means that they just changed the characters, put an american style+case over it and called it a day.

If you liked Phoenix Wright, you'll like this game.

grandjedi6

Lobster said:
It means that they just changed the characters, put an american style+case over it and called it a day.

If you liked Phoenix Wright, you'll like this game.

Not necessarily. Phoenix Wright is all about the characters, I'm not High Voltage can get this right.

Lobster

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Not necessarily. Phoenix Wright is all about the characters, I'm not High Voltage can get this right.

Its Harvey Birdman. I reckon the last thing to screw up would be the characters. I guess we need Phoenix Wright reviews from NP to compare. They might not like these sort of games.

turk128

Gully State said:
It'd be awesome if they incorporated an optional control scheme that allowed the wii fit board to act as brake/gas pedals...
Know what? This'll be great for a Robotjox game.

6k70r34.jpg

grandjedi6

Lobster said:
Its Harvey Birdman. I reckon the last thing to screw up would be the characters. I guess we need Phoenix Wright reviews from NP to compare. They might not like these sort of games.

Phoenix Wright -- 8.0
Justice for All -- 9.0
Trials and Tribulations -- 8.5

Lobster

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Phoenix Wright -- 8.0
Justice for All -- 9.0
Trials and Tribulations -- 8.5

Wow was I wrong.:lol

Hmm..just thinking of the gripes I would have with a game like this on Wii is that it doesn't feel like a console game.

Top Bottom