• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Teaser: "A cover story for the generaions." [Update: Mirror Of Fate]

Nervlogo.jpg
Oh god oh god oh god

Meier

I bet it's something Metro Last Light related since Metro takes place in Russia.

If it's anything like this, it'll be the biggest sham in the world. To be a cover story for the generation, it needs to be an absolute monster of a game. Not some random title 95% of people don't care about.

FoneBone

If it's anything like this, it'll be the biggest sham in the world. To be a cover story for the generation, it needs to be an absolute monster of a game. Not some random title 95% of people don't care about.

Nintendo Power never, ever has megaton-level exclusives. Are you serious?

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Lol, it's not going to be a monster title. It's probably not even going to be a Wii U title.

It's a physical video games publication. They're going the way of the dinosaurs. They take what they can get.

If there's any sort of megaton, you'll find out here on GAF before Nintendo Power has even reached its subscribers.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Let's see if today will be the day when the preview is online...

Nibel

So many people will be disappointed

Guys: E3 is just a few days away; you'll find the big news there. And that says somebody who likes to hype every shit.

GameE

Come on dont bump this thread until they put the preview issue up or someone gets the magazine :(
Preview wont be up until mid next week at earliest I bet. Sometimes they are late putting it up online to.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's normally the next-to-last week of the month, but it looks like this one might be going out to subscribers a bit later than usual, since apparently no one has received it yet.
Nintendo Power's June issue is usually about 1 week late (so 5 weeks instead of 4). Probably because of a combination of E3 prep and May having 5 Tuesday/Wednesdays rather than just 4.

Its just a nature of the calendar system. If you release an issue every month and there are 52.3 weeks in a year, then four of those issues are going to release after 5 weeks rather than 4. Nintendo Power usually chooses the June issue to be one of these.

Mpl90

Nintendo Power's June issue is usually about 1 week late (so 5 weeks instead of 4). Probably because of a combination of E3 prep and May having 5 Tuesday/Wednesdays rather than just 4.

Its just a nature of the calendar system. If you release an issue every month and there are 52.3 weeks in a year, then four of those issues are going to release after 5 weeks rather than 4. Nintendo Power usually chooses the June issue to be one of these.

However, I've seen that in the last years previews for the June issues went online on 25th / 26th May, so hopefully today they'll give us something.

grandjedi6

However, I've seen that in the last years previews for the June issues went online on 25th / 26th May, so hopefully today they'll give us something.
Actually it was June 1st (a Wednesday). But regardless, Nintendo Power's preview usually goes up on Wednesday (sometimes Tuesday).

Mpl90

Actually it was June 1st (a Wednesday). But regardless, Nintendo Power's preview usually goes up on Wednesday (sometimes Tuesday).

So...not today. Next week to see it. Got it :(

EDIT: Wait, it's not true. Preview for the April 2012 number came on March, 24th, which was a...Saturday.

wsippel

Banned
Doesn't it usually leak the weekend before the official preview? I think I remember Nintendo Power news often hitting on a Sunday for some reason...

Pociask

Didn't see if already mentioned, but the top right looks sort of like Link's hat, and he's holding a sword samurai style - while riding a falling boulder that's splattering a moblin?

grandjedi6

So...not today. Next week to see it. Got it :(

EDIT: Wait, it's not true. Preview for the April 2012 number came on March, 24th, which was a...Saturday.

Well I said usually lol. Delays happen, you know?

Doesn't it usually leak the weekend before the official preview? I think I remember Nintendo Power news often hitting on a Sunday for some reason...
I think nowadays NP puts up the official preview when they're shipping the issues out. Its been a while (i believe) since a leak beat the preview.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If I remember correctly once we had the leak of Punch Out Wii from Nintendo Power before E3, but then Nintendo decided to not show the game at the Fair, waiting for the October Japanese conference...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait for people to be disappointed in the cover of an already announced game. You know they're gonna keep their megatons for E3.

schlew

Just spoke to my wife at home. My new Nintendo Power is at home. She said the first title in the bottom left is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 followed by Mirrors of Fate. Sounds like the generations part of the tease is the Belmont clan perhaps? I'll take pictures when I get home.

She also mentioned the cover is a guy in the woods, and it's snowy.

Just spoke to my wife at home. My new Nintendo Power is at home. She said the first title in the bottom left is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 followed by Mirrors of Fate. Sounds like the generations part of the tease is the Belmont clan perhaps? I'll take pictures when I get home.

Did she not describe what the guy looked like?

Dascu

LoS2 after all. Guess it's coming to WiiU then.

Did she not describe what the guy looked like?

There was talk that subscribers would get a cover with Simon, and non-subscribers with Trevor.

Nibel

iM6UWSNVQW0cD.gif

Mirrors of Fate! :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Does she own a cell phone? Tell her to use that to snap a pic of the cover and send it to you.

EDIT: NVM just saw you said she's scanning it.

Top Bottom