• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Teaser: "A cover story for the generaions." [Update: Mirror Of Fate]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Right now, however, the teaser should refer to a game / sku for 3DS. However, I checked, and it should be Saturday the day when the preview will go online.

The use of the word generations could just be a pun, ala the generations of Bond. Best to think that than to believe it means of the console generations, which is just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

I thought this was obvious, but then, well, I read the thread.

Hype. Let me tell you how much I've come to hype since I read this teaser. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hype' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hype I feel for this teaser at this micro-instant. For this teaser. Hype. Hype.

I have no expectations, and I must scream.

Goldeneye 007 2010 was amazing. I'd love more than anything for another Eurocom Bond to hit Wii U. They know how to make you feel like Bond.

Penguin

It's cute how print magazines are so desperate to get hype that they have to use crazy hyperboles and twitter hype (see the game informer thread that pops up every month).

I guess it's kinda sad really.

I feel like its the other way around.
The internet creates so much hype around these teases.. and then blame others when they are let down.

I mean it is a hook, no different than a TV cliffhanger or comic book ending. To get you to come back next time.

Yea the first thing I thought of was the Final Fight map.

yeah, i thought of it too. metro city. rotate it and mirror it... and we're getting there! haha.

it has nothing to do with what that write up says, but its RED!

49326-final-fight-snes-screenshot-metro-city-ain-t-a-great-place.gif

Hopefully it's a schedule for the second half of 2012 with Trace Memory R, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Pandora's Tower and Zangeki no Reginleiv.

Mpl90

Aaaah, now I'm reading the teaser is for the June issue, so one month from now.
However.

http://nintendopower.com/

To note in the Table of Content that there's "Crimson Shroud" listed alone.

Dascu

Yeah, I know. But they're listing it as a stand-alone, not as Guild-01, since it's a part of the compilation.

You don't really think they're going to release Crimson Shroud as a stand-alone retail title, do you? They probably didn't call it Guild01 because the article is focused on only that one game.

monome

You don't really think they're going to release Crimson Shroud as a stand-alone retail title, do you? They probably didn't call it Guild01 because the article is focused on only that one game.

Digital Download. NOE exclusive.

Mpl90

I was thinking it as a possible DD release. But probably, it's just an article from NP without any localisation meaning, since it's a Power Up article.

Nintendo has kept all WiiU announcements and news silent for almost a year now. I seriously doubt that Nintendo Power will be the ones to finally break it.
Not entirely true, both Square Enix and Nicalis were given exceptions and announced games. I don't see why Activision wouldn't be extended the same courtesy for something that's been tied closely to Nintendo platforms historically (007).

Conor 419

Banned
Advance Wars 3

Plot - Wars World was taken over by an Alien Threat, the game focuses on a now Alcoholic Olaf struggling to get to grips with his tormented past (he fled when his friends needed him) so he and his rag tag unit can retake Wars World.

+ Full Orchestra and Halo 3 scale marketing campaign. Conclusion to Epic Trilogy.

Edit - Or maybe they can do the Colin = Young Trunks, retake the past kind of thing.

Shaffield

woah, um, I think you mean Advance Wars 4.

edit: That Colin = Young Trunks idea is goddamn genius.
In fact, future versions of all the characters would be incredible.

Old Grit, Gohan-style Andy, etc. would be the greatest

Truth101

Banned
Aaaah, now I'm reading the teaser is for the June issue, so one month from now.
However.

http://nintendopower.com/

To note in the Table of Content that there's "Crimson Shroud" listed alone.

Yes, this is a teaser in May's issue so the reveal should be n June's issue at the end of next month.

So it is probably a Wii U title tat s being revealed right before E3.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Advance Wars 3

Plot - Wars World was taken over by an Alien Threat, the game focuses on a now Alcoholic Olaf struggling to get to grips with his tormented past (he fled when his friends needed him) so he and his rag tag unit can retake Wars World.

+ Full Orchestra and Halo 3 scale marketing campaign. Conclusion to Epic Trilogy.

Edit - Or maybe they can do the Colin = Young Trunks, retake the past kind of thing.

Everyone died as a result of the meteor storm at the start of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, bub.

Well, that silhouette looks like it could either be a gun with bat wings, or some kind of Gundam-style space battleship. So... Castlevania with guns? Or a port of Super Robot Taisen Original Generations?

Mpl90

Up, since we're probably just a few days before to discover what it refers t ( subscribers receiving their copies earlier / online preview ). Who's excited? XD

Daante

First thing i thought of when seeing the red picture and the text was something METAL GEAR related. No clue why i felt that way i might add ^^

Mpl90

My bet is 007 / COD for 3DS. Given what's happening to that guy who leaked the Wii U controller, and the whole giant NDA going on, I can't think it's possible for them to reveal exclusively a brand new Wii U game, especially right before E3.

Top Bottom