• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference

Papi

Here's a piece of fucking plastic prototype piece of shit and we won't tell you anything about it. Fuck E3, it's over.

ksinghsf

Zaxxon said:
Wow no revolution games. That's a HUGE dissapointment. What a waste of time.

Unless that MP3 teaser was supposed to be a revolution game, in which case its even more of a dissapointment...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Last year's conference:

DS online promised.
N64 titles playable on new hardware.
Revolution news, but nothing solid.
Zelda trailer.

This year's conference:

DS online promised.
N64 titles playable on new hardware.
Revolution news, but nothing solid.
Zelda trailer.

Bravo, Nintendo. Bravo.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh yeah: i'd just like to say "i told you so" re: nighttrain. or i tried to tell you so. you people are very silly.

mj1108

igneditors.jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Iwata was right when he said we should treat the Revolution unveiling as a puzzle.

Yeah, a puzzle as in "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!"

Diffense

lol :lol

The show fulfilled my expectations. I posted days ago that we wouldn't be seeing much of the revolution. Maybe the case, definitely not the controller.

GBA Micro is a somewhat muted surprise given that SPONG was all over it. I'm still confused about the need for yet another GBA redesign that offers absolutely nothing new.

I only heard Zelda music, couldn't see it (poor stream). It's almsot the highlight of the conference, second only to Nintendogs. :p

I'm not disappointed, pretty much what I expected occured. Maybe I have INSIDER INFO! lol

Krowley

by far the worst conference... and i never dreamed anybody would eclipse the suckyness of the MS conference... nintendo's secrecy is getting old, but in this case i think they didn't have anything much to show..

if you have no gamecube software to show (which basicly confirms that the gamecube is dead) you have to show a bunch of demo's for your next game machine. their console presence at this e3 = zilch besides zelda. they will be crucified (and rightly so) by the press.

GC is dead, and revolution was basicly a no show... i'm so disapointed.

Nintendo deserves to lose the entire next gen at this point...what a fucking joke. And I can play their entire history on my xbox anyway...too little too late Nintendo.

They aren't even gonna go out with a bang like Sega did at their last E3 as a console maker. It's like they want to die.

And GBA Micro, all I have to say about that is: why?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
...wow. I was so pumped and hoped Nintendo would deliver and stand on their own two feet this E3. Show they still belong at the top. The system itself looks gorgeous...but nothing else. Wow.

Guess it's time I just go PC only.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Drinky Crow said:
I suspect that Nintendo pulled a bunch of Rev content from the press conference in order to avoid a lackluster concrete announcement under the shadow of the PS3 parade. Completely unconfirmed, of course, but it makes sense.

Yeah. Maybe they wanted to avoid their own Wall Guy from happening. If you do have a Wall Guy, better bail out preemptively and polish him up behind the scenes.

tetsuoxb

Also,

For everyone who disagreed with my points about Johnny Nighttrain - namely that people in the know dont spill the beans because they like their jobs, and that one Johnny Nighttrain is a complete asshat - poor you for not listening to me and doubling your disappointment.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Hmmm. Haven't read the thread since it began, but here are my thoughts:

Good stuff:

- GB Micro. I'm highly unlikely to pick one up, don't really have the need for it, but that is a cool little bastard.
- New Mario Bros looked hot...maybe. I think it did, but it was a short clip and pretty small.
- Mario Kart online. We knew it was coming, but good.
- Revolution's design.
- Download service for older Nintendo games.
- Mario and Luigi 2.
- Sort of a Puppy Times mention?
- FF:CC Revolution announced, along with Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros (the last for launch).
- A lot of DS online support.
- Fucking awesome Zelda trailer.
- Battalion Wars looked fun.
- Mario Strikers too.

Bad stuff:

- No Metroid Dread.
- The Metroid Revolution demo...well, maybe. It was so short and my video skipped a bit of even that. Didn't seem a huge step beyond where we are though, even if clearly not this gen.
- Nintendogs? Electroplankton?! WTF shit! These games are out in Japan! Half the people there had already played them, and they've shown them plenty of times before. You have a Mario Bros, Mario and Luigi 2, Metroid Dread somehwere...and that's what they show?
- No specs.
- No other Revolution footage.
- Miyamoto and Aonuma barely making an appearance.
- No Kirby? Has it been moved to Revolution? Canned?
- You broke my heart Reggie! Mario 128 betrayal!
- No controller. Though expected.

Overall, that gets a huge "meh". A sprinkling of nice things mixed in with a lot of disappointments.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
nintendogs and electroplankton techno dance concert vs killzone and motor storm and warhawk and ue3.0 in 60fps realtime ported in two months and the outstanding eyetoy glasses of water demo

ps3 revealed, out spring 2006 vs revolution case prototype, no new info, oh wow you can buy snes games yet-a-fucking-gain. Perrin Kaplain says 2-3x the power of the gamecube, no info says otherwise...

Mario 128 STILL FRAME RENDER TEASER. IT'S 2005, fuckheads.

New zelda looks nice, I'll probably buy it.

The DS lineup actually looks pretty nice...uh...yeah...

TSAR BOMBA

IGN was absolute crap. I had no audio on the feed to I had to open the audio feed seperately and watch the video lag in about 10 seconds after I heard everything....

and to make it even worse - it was really underwhelming. Nintendo really had a chance to be king of show this time and it didn't happen. They've basically let Sony try and repeat history -- huge numbers, bombastic specs (true or not), GAMES... they're basically coming out on top again.

Nintendo wants our feedback so here's mine: I wasn't watching for a DJ and the Nintendogs stuff was crap (we've seen it all before) until shiggy invited the woman back stage. Oh and drilling home that you've had 7 mario party games and that you're releasing FOUR MORE mario games this year.... is that supposed to seem good? The Gameboy Micro is nice, and a well kept surprise, but I hope to god it's cheap for your sakes. The Revolution thing was such a tease. It wouldn't have been so bad if you hadn't of let IGN scoop the pictures of it.

Where was the demonstration of your wifi network? Was that it?

Someone in the know -- please tell me we haven't basically seen all the new shit we're gonna see this E3... the news on all fronts has been abysmal.

:lol That was amusing, thinks got pretty dry when the console talk came up anyway. Glad I'm not as much of a console freak as many others here. Surely I'd have been disappointed too. :lol

Sony's show was great though, PS3 is the only thing from next-gen that got my interest. Well, aside from the FFXI on 360 news.

Pellham

Banned
For everyone who disagreed with my points about Johnny Nighttrain - namely that people in the know dont spill the beans because they like their jobs, and that one Johnny Nighttrain is a complete asshat - poor you for not listening to me and doubling your disappointment.

Doesn't johnny work for a fansite? that would explain everything...

Now come on

Super Mario Bros. DS?
Online Smash Bros?
Play any console Nintendo game?
Free Online sevice?

Yes, I'm sad to see no new Revolution games, and lack of 128.

But I'm satisfied and somewhat disappointed.

Orion

I must say it's funny and sad reading your responses. What did you expect? Nintendo themselves said they wouldn't show off much of the Revolution, yet you all ignored that in favour of internet "Insiders". Now you are all dissapointed that your fantasies weren't fulfilled, and are ready to crucify Nintendo for your own gullibility.

Where is Mario 128?

Where is Mario 128!?

WHERE IS FUCKING MARIO ONE-FUCKING-TWENTY-EIGHT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!?! I've been waiting for over eight years for this fucking game! I've been lied to for the last four E3s about seeing it!

WHERE IS MARIO 128 YOU GOD DAMN FUCKING BASTARDS!??!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
You know it's funny first we heard rumors of a wireless controller for the Revolution... but every console next generation has that....

Then we hear rumors about wifi... but the PS3 also has built in wifi(can't remember about the X360).

DVD movies? Both other systems will do that.

Self loading media slot? PS3's got that too...

So the highlight of the Revolution right now is....

a controller we haven't seen... and games we haven't seen.... ah well at least that ability to access the entire Nintendo library for downloading sounds interesting... I can get me some N64 wrestling on!

Lakitu

st5fu
What a fucking dissapointment, I had to put up with 40 minutes of vomit-inducing shit lala music and all for that?! Revolution looks nice yeah, so does Zelda, and we saw 8 seconds of MP3 footage, OMG! I should have spent time with my gf :( meh, screw you Nintendo, I thought you'd change

Some of you are overreacting. You are no longer Nintendo fans because of a shitty conference? Come on, that's silly. Wait until you actually see something, then you can destroy your fanboy cards.

I mean I still plan on getting a Revolution, providing I like the games, so an unexciting conferences has not destroyed my love for Nintendo games. I'll just wait until they actually show something.

There is one thing I did not understand about this; why would they have a prototype, not show it running anything, and then say we will make this smaller? They could have just made it smaller from the beginning, they only had it there to show the design. Show the smaller final version asses.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Drinky Crow said:
Well, there's a silver lining; Nintendo has officially rendered *me* obsolete. :(

I suspect that Nintendo pulled a bunch of Rev content from the press conference in order to avoid a lackluster concrete announcement under the shadow of the PS3 parade. Completely unconfirmed, of course, but it makes sense.

That said, the GBA Micro DOES look HAWT.
You post with a level head after that? :) THey just gave you material for years.

I actually agree with your assesment, they saw PS3 videos and pulled stuff. hopefully a sign that they are still in a state of appraisal and they will work things out.

GBA micro could be cool if priced right.

Well, I think Johnny just got all jonesed up on the hype is friend fed him. I'd heard a different story, but I didn't wanna pit my second-hand knowledge against his, especially given my reputation. That said, I'd heard about five days ago that the Rev specs weren't "particularly impressive" and that the action was in the crazy controller designs.

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't show the controllers, though.

EDIT -- to whoever remarked on my "level headed" post: there's a bit more to the Revolution story, and Nintendo really is trying to sell their DS theory of "lower price, differentiating/gimmick features, cheap hardware" to the console market. I'm not really bothered by a gussied-up Gamecube Turbo, though, since even this generation -- PS2 image quality aside -- still looks fuckin' good and doesn't have the rendering flaws of the PSOne/DS/N64 era. Is it a tacit acknowledgment of their future as a niche, or a smart gamble? As I said about the DS, I'm not fucking equipped to tell you if it is or not.

bionic77

Wow that was a total joke of a e3. First MS gets assraped by Sony and then Nintendo doesn't even show up. Looks like a one console future just might end being true.

I wonder if Nintendo shat their pants like MS must be doing after Sony's conference and are in the process of upgrading their system. :lol

That would explain why they didn't show any games if everything looked like Wall Guy from PDO.

Drinky Crow said:
Well, I think Johnny just got all jonesed up on the hype is friend fed him. I'd heard a different story, but I didn't wanna pit my second-hand knowledge against his, especially given my reputation. That said, I'd heard aboyt five weeks ago that the Rev specs weren't "particularly impresive" and that the action was in the crazy controller designs.

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't show the controllers, though.

Wasn't the controller the revolutionary aspect of the system? WhyTF do you show a system called "Revolution" and not show anything AT ALL revolutionary about it? Unebelieveable.

Top Bottom