• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q2 FY 2015 Earnings Release (0.72M Wii U HW, 1.27M 3DS HW)

Roo

These numbers seem to be from Nintendo, but I could be wrong: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

SMK: 8.76
MK64: 11.91
MKSC: 5.91
MKDD: 6.88
MKDS: 23.59
MKW: 36.38
MK7: 12.19
MK8: 5.87

So yeah, beating Super Circuit is a lock. Double Dash is reachable, but unlikely IMO.
Thank you.
Yeah, Super Circuit still will be the worst selling Mario Kart when everything is said and done.
I agree with you about Double Dash. I don't think MK8 will beat that game.

JoeM86

Nfcgiq1.gif

Wait, does Super Mystery Dungeon suck? Aw man, I was looking forward to it. :(

I'm not a fan of Dungeon games. It's one of the better Dungeon games, that's for sure, but still has the horrific mechanics that make me hate the Dungeon series

AzaK

1.19 million Wii U's in 6 months? Is that a big drop? Didn't it do about 3 million a year up until recently?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Mario Kart 8 now at 54.8% attach rate lifetime, 61% this quarter. That's crazy.

1.19 million Wii U's in 6 months? Is that a big drop? Didn't it do about 3 million a year up until recently?

Wii U is up YOY.

2015 = 1,530,000
2014 = 1,430,000

Madao

It's weird to see Smash Wii-U lower than SM3DW and Mario Kart.

And damn, didn't know Mario 3DL did so well!

how so? MK usually beats SSB.

GC was kind of an anomaly but on N64 and Wii, MK sold much more than SSB.

3D Mario is more up in the air but on N64 it sold much more than SSB and on Wii they were really close.

SSB4 still has the advantage of being newer so it can catch up to SM3DW.

Etria

Interesting that Fire Emblem Fates is one SKU for Europe while the Americas gets Birthright and Conquest. Hm, we really need confirmation soon about that so it can be settled once and for all.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I really hope in a good succes for Fire Emblem fates.
Awakening sold nearly 2 million in 2014, hope Fates can break 2.5 million.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Who is this new CEO? Never heard of him before.

how so? MK usually beats SSB.

GC was kind of an anomaly but on N64 and Wii, MK sold much more than SSB.

3D Mario is more up in the air but on N64 it sold much more than SSB and on Wii they were really close.

SSB4 still has the advantage of being newer so it can catch up to SM3DW.

Good point. I forgot that MK64 and (especially) MK: WIi were absolute monsters. Melee was indeed the exception rather than the rule.

Darius

Banned
– revenue $953 million in Q2
– Operating income of $74.5 million (8.98 billion yen)
– Earnings of 79 cents (95.46 yen) per share

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They finally passed that milestone of having sold more units than Dreamcast.

Yay!

the main difference has always been not in sales, but in "financial" landscape. I've recently read "Rise and fall of Sega", and maaaan, what a financial mess they were at that time when they released (almost successfully in the US) that wonderfule console

timshundo

I hope Splatoon becomes Nintendo's Halo, their hit title that sells new hardware to a more hardcore crowd. It's time to take that load off of Smash and Zelda's back.

jvm

Gamasutra.
To the surprise of no one, with the possible exception of Nintendo itself, digital sales continue to grow.

The six-month total nearly doubled from 10.7 billion yen last year to 21 billion yen this year. I'll update my graphs later, but honestly Nintendo should have always been so much more aggressive with digital sales.

Edit: For the single quarter, digital sales went from 6.7 billion yen last year to 9 billion yen this year, a YOY increase of 34%.

Oblivion

Danke. Lots of interesting info that I've been missing out on. Specifically this:

- Miyamoto is stepping down from his managerial role at EAD towards a purely advisory role on the board of directors. No successor has been announced.

This makes me rather curious. He's stepping down from a managerial role, and only doing an advisory role on the BoD, so what's he focusing on? Or is this a sign that he's about to...retire? D:

Nintendo's Halo is Mario. That's fact.

Mario is a universally appealing character that could sell anything. Consoles, handhelds, playing cards, underoos, you name it.

But Halo and Master Chief is a brand that sell specifically to the core audience of Xbox. I see Splatoon as being more directly comparable to that in the future.

Danke. Lots of interesting info that I've been missing out on. Specifically this:

This makes me rather curious. He's stepping down from a managerial role, and only doing an advisory role on the BoD, so what's he focusing on? Or is this a sign that he's about to...retire? D:
Honestly... how long have you been out of the loop haha? :p

this just kinda amusing to me

E-phonk

Banned

It's discussed in the thread (ofcourse) - if I remember the general idea is that it makes place for Takahashi in a bigger management role (to maybe become CEO in a few years).

Oblivion

Honestly... how long have you been out of the loop haha? :p

this just kinda amusing to me

Pretty far out, sadly. Used to frequent the gaming side every day. Nowadays...not so much, so yeah I'm catching up on a lot, haha.

I just learned recently there's a Halo 5 now, too. :O

LOCK

Very good quarter. Now on to the most important quarter!

Seems the attach rate for the 3DS and Wii U are improving. Good ol evergreen title sales.

And to remind everyone that the listed titles on their site is the best selling software, not just those over 1mil in sales, which should be obvious.

E-phonk

Banned
So Zelda is TBD, not even a solid 2016. This is beyond stupid.

Nintendo always puts these on TBD as long as there is no new release date announced. The earliest they will revise that TBD is in their april report or in their release schedule after E3.

It's rare we get release schedule/new title announcements out of these Q2 earning reports. At most you'll get a confirmation of a delay in a certain territory.

MK8 shall sell more than MKDD, it shall! Christmas should easily get it within half a million I think.

So Zelda is TBD, not even a solid 2016. This is beyond stupid.

I thought it was already like that. Doubt they'll update until they have a new info dump on it. The delay didn't really sound like it was going to be brief but I guess they have late 2016 in mind now.

Top Bottom