• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo releases First and Third Party game list (Wii U/3DS)

tokkun

X is probably just so fucking far off for us that they're not going to include it.

Yet the new Zelda game, which is seemingly still at a conceptual stage, is included.

It should be noted that titles confirmed to be coming are not in the list (Rayman Legends and RE:R for the US and Europe). So there may be mistakes in that list.

It says "Extracts" right in the title of the third-party list. It's not meant to be an exhaustive list. Now, the first-party list does not have such a qualifier...

Wii Fit U in the summer seems like a massive mistake to me.

1: It's the summer, who the fuck wants to be indoors exercising (no, a pedometer outside doesn't count). Spring might work if they can rush it in.

2: Joe and Jane Average still have their Wii Fit boards in their closets somewhere and can remember that they didn't really use it as much as they intended. Give them another 6 months to forget about it.

3: It's not the title to attract casuals to the system. Wii Fit worked because they already had the system for things like Wii Sports and all the other party games. They're going to want that first... whatever that may be.

It could be a huge draw later on, but right now I'm just not seeing it.

Yet the new Zelda game, which is seemingly still at a conceptual stage, is included.

These lists can always be quite awkward. Resident Evil is listed only for Japan, although it's obviously worldwide and there has been some unknown Kirby game randomly popping up on them for like 6 years before it actually came out.

It was an international Direct, that pushed X as the final surprise. Of course it will be released everywhere.

1: It's the summer, who the fuck wants to be indoors exercising (no, a pedometer outside doesn't count). Spring might work if they can rush it in.

2: Joe and Jane Average still have their Wii Fit boards in their closets somewhere and can remember that they didn't really use it as much as they intended. Give them another year to forget about it.

3: It's not the title to attract casuals to the system. Wii Fit worked because they already had the system for things like Wii Sports and all the other party games. They're going to want that first... whatever that may be.

It should have been a Winter release, sometime in Jan or Feb.

This is the time of the year people are trying to lose weight and get into shape for the summer.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

It says "Extracts" right in the title of the third-party list. It's not meant to be an exhaustive list. Now, the first-party list does not have such a qualifier...
Yes, I mean that we'll see it over here at the end of Wii U's life life Xenoblade. :)

Neiteio

Doubt it after all they did advertise it worldwide but still Nintendo don't start this again, we shouldn't have to start preparing a new operation anytime a new game is announced in Japan.
Why not? I'm sure Nintendo would sure love the free publicity a fan campaign would stir up, so they could turn around this time and say, "The highly demanded and hotly anticipated 'X!'"

And it would be... interesting, if Retro were making Mario Kart. Or Monster Games, for that matter. I could see either doing it, although it wouldn't be received favorably when the fans would rather see them work on other stuff.

Drago

2: Joe and Jane Average still have their Wii Fit boards in their closets somewhere and can remember that they didn't really use it as much as they intended. Give them another 6 months to forget about it.

I see Wii Fit U bombing hard at first, but manages ok numbers over time with very long legs. It's not a system seller.

good, nothing unexpected. when wind waker HD was mentioned for fall, didnt realize it was a true confirmation so im glad to see its there.

smash bros 3DS and wii u are TBD, but they're looking like 2014 releases to me (even though i want them both to come out this year!).

ugoo18

Why not? I'm sure Nintendo would sure love the free publicity a fan campaign would stir up, so they could turn around this time and say, "The highly demanded and hotly anticipated 'X!'"

And it would be... interesting, if Retro were making Mario Kart. Or Monster Games, for that matter. I could see either doing it, although it wouldn't be received favorably when the fans would rather see them work on other stuff.

I frankly don't enjoy the idea of Nintendo intentionally sitting on a game just to get people riled up, is it so wrong for the rest of the world to get some of those games that Japan receives without having to drag it out of them.

I would say based on the hints dropped so far, that is pretty much impossible.

Who has been clamoring for them to make a Mario Kart game and how would a Mario Kart game appeal to western gamers who already know that one is coming regardless. If that did happen however that's an even bigger waste of their abilities than them working on Starfox.

VariantX

i wonder if Retro really is making Mario Kart

Retro making Mario kart is a waste since they'll have to conform to the same art style and game play Nintendo has been tweaking since the beginning. They'd be better off doing metroid again or better yet, an all new IP they have creative control over.

Please note that there are no unannounced games on this list.

So Monster Games's Wii U project (Diddy Kong Racing 2 / Wave Race 3 / new Excite), and Retro Studio's Wii U project (Metroid Prime 4 / Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 / New IP) will have a chance to be shown at E3 as a surprise.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Something is wrong with the 3rd party list for Wii U. It's almost empty.

Anybody who expected a situation other than the same as the Wii was misguided. Their third-party relationships seem irreparably broken.

DJIzana

Hopefully they'll mention something about this at E3. That, or I'm hoping some gaming journalist asks about this. *Cough* Geoff Keighley seems to be good at pressing Reggie's buttons to get him to talk. *Cough*

LOCK

I can see Animal Crossing being their May game. The 3DS's first 5 months is going to be better than the entire 2012 line-up. Hopefully sales reflect that.

Hopefully we get a first party game per month for the Wii U. And I agree Wii U Fit release in the summer is disappointing.

EDarkness

What happened to Rayman? What the hell is going on here?

I am confused

In other words this list is all kinds of messed up. People shouldn't worry about whether game X or Y is not on the list. Resident Evil was announced for the Wii U in the States and yet it's not on that list. So it's not worth even bothering with this list since it's not even accurate.

Anybody who expected a situation other than the same as the Wii was misguided. Their third-party relationships seem irreparably broken.

What? Nintendo has an excellent relationship with Namco, Capcom, and Square Enix. No one just wants to make anything for Wii U. If Nintendo had just accepted the inevitable they wouldn't have been able to rebuild their relationship with Japanese 3rd parties.

leroidys

Yeah it sucks, but what were you expecting, SECRET GAME, SECRET GAME, SECRET GAME?

Nintendo's release lists always look like this.

Eusis

While it's obviously too early to panic for real, it really is weird "X" isn't there while SMT x Fire Emblem is. Guess when it comes to blasphemy
Nintendo prefers the real deal rather than cheap analogs

Jachaos

In other words this list is all kinds of messed up. People shouldn't worry about whether game X or Y is not on the list. Resident Evil was announced for the Wii U in the States and yet it's not on that list. So it's not worth even bothering with this list since it's not even accurate.

They are on the list

No real surprises here, save that the Wii U third party lineup is stark.

Still fits my current predictions (only using the games listed):
LEGO - March
Game & Wario - April
Wii Fit U - May/June
Pikmin 3 - June (post E3)
Wii Party U - July/August
The Wonderful 10 - August
Wind Waker HD - Sept/Oct
Yarn Yoshi - October
3D Mario or Mario Kart U - Nov/Dec
3D Mario or Mario Kart U - March 2014
Bayonetta 2 - Mid 2014
Smash Bros - Late 2014
SMT X FE - Late 2014 / Early 2015
New Zelda - Late 2015

DarkPanda

Really, if Nintendo is still baffled as to why the WiiU is struggling, they only need to look at those lists (ESPECIALLY the 3rd party one) to see why. How they could be surprised by this is beyond me.

Top Bottom