• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Revolution real name?

samusx

Banned
OK I remember reading on IGN a few times that they said Nintendo would be giving out info about the Revolution and the real name by the end of the year. Well that was last and as we can see, it is past the end of last year as we are now in 2006. So did I miss it or did Nintendo not give any new info or name. God they piss me off.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
First I was going to say Freestyle, but apparantly thats now a Ford car.

So forget that name.

Now, I'm going with Legacy.

Nintendo Legacy.

Ryck

John Harker said:

So forget that name.

Nintendo Legacy.
um.......nevermind.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Revolution is a pretty decent name...I'd rather they stick with Revolution and not risk giving it an exceptionally lame name. Game Cube I'm looking at you...

samusx said:
OK I remember reading on IGN a few times that they said Nintendo would be giving out info about the Revolution and the real name by the end of the year. Well that was last and as we can see, it is past the end of last year as we are now in 2006. So did I miss it or did Nintendo not give any new info or name. God they piss me off.
There's your first problem. As far as I can remember, Nintendo never said they'd give a name by the end of the year.

"Game Boy Advance won't be the final name, that's just how we're going to refer to it for the next year."
"Nintendo DS won't be the final name, that's just how we're going to refer to it for the next year."
"How long have we been calling it Revolution again...?"

Unless it's "FreeStyle," which has been referred to several times, it's probably going to be Revolution, or a derivative of that name. Anything else means they wasted a huge amount of PR time and efforts.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Once it isn't something stupid like Nintendo Freelance or something, I'll be fine with it.

MegaByte

John Harker said:

So forget that name.

Nintendo Legacy.
subaru_legacy_03.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
MegaByte said:

Ohh, I get it now.

Yea, so my post makes no sense.

Dammit, forgot about that one.
Thanks for pointing out my erroneousness.

dammit, Legacy woulda been a hell of a name for a VC system like this one.

Sapiens

All the nerds and nerd magazines have been calling it revolution for more than a year now, so why spoil all the free marketing by changing the name??

Besides, people like revolutions. I like revolutions.

(as i type this, i'm looking at the unused gamecube I have stashed on my floor - what a stupid looking system)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I still say it'll be Nintendo followed by two letters, like the DS and SP. I don't know which two letters, RV would be perfect except it's like Harvey, but they can choose any, it's not like SP ever made any particular sense.

Sapiens

Drinky Crow said:
Gamecube Turbo with Waggle Wand Pack-In

The new motto: "For Fans ONLY"

the nintendorks would actually love that. Dont encourage nintendo - they listen to their fanbase's appeasements to a fault - the only exception being Zelda TP - what a fucking anomoly (dont worry, it wont be the true emo zelda all the fans want).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
something monosyllabic with no complicated letters like "c" or "y". they have to keep their target audience in mind. i suggest "MEHHHHHHHHH" or "VUUUUUHHHH".

Leatherface

Jive Turkey said:
Revolution is a pretty decent name...I'd rather they stick with Revolution and not risk giving it an exceptionally lame name. Game Cube I'm looking at you...

I like your thinkin. True Dat!

argon

Mama Smurf said:
I still say it'll be Nintendo followed by two letters, like the DS and SP. I don't know which two letters, RV would be perfect except it's like Harvey, but they can choose any, it's not like SP ever made any particular sense.

How about... Nintendo VR ? =)

NVR.. (which is also the probability of it happening)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Nintendo STFU.

Pre-order now and get the platinum edition with Reggie's debonair portrait on the front.

Top Bottom