• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Revolution real name?

First: I don't particularly think this is any good (and i've been unable to come up with anything that could pass as professional)

Second: Others should have a shot at designing one too (cause i'm sick of the shitty joke names in this thread!)

Third: Place your bets as to how fast this appears on joystiq.com...... (since they like posting rubbish mockups :) )

RS-1.gif

DrGAKMAN

Banned
the androgyne said:
Thinking back, i was surprised they went with Gamecube when it has obvious similarities to X-Box....

The thing i'm thinking now is that Revolution also has similarities now with xbox 360. It'd be really hard to differentiate marketing material with such similar names i think.

No doubt...I can't tell you how many people confuse just the names so much...it really hurt Nintendo 'cos A) the name "Nintendo" wasn't really used to show that GAMECUBE was the new Nintendo machine & B) it was too similar to the already established (by way of rumor before announcement) X-BOX name.

Whatever name Nintendo chooses, hopefully it brings focus to the fact that it's from Nintendo (by putting the Nintendo name in it) and it differentiates itself in 3 ways: 1) totally oblivious of the tainted GAMECUBE name, 2) keeps itself from being confused with competition's machines & 3) shows that the product is it's own thing seperate from the strategies the competition are going for (HD Era vs new interface). The biggest problem is (mainly 'cos of GCN) alot of people have "forgotten" Nintendo...and I really think the only way to get people to remember them again and to fix the above listed concerns is to use the nostalgic name "NES" which does all of the above in terms of what a name can do.

I vote "NES V"...Virtual Console, Nintendo's Vision, reVolution, Nintendo's 5TH console and V-NES are all angles Nintendo could use to present the new system.

My friend Marcus says "Kidtendo" har har...

jgkspsx

Yeah, this thread is fun.

"Say, do you have any Legacy peripherals?"
"What, like PS1?"

or

"Do you have any games for the aRSe?"

xexex

Banned
U.S. - North America - U.K. - Europe: Nintendo Entertainment Revolution

Japan: Famicom Revolution

this will automatically ensure better worldwide sales of Revolution compared to GameCube

maxmars

impirius said:
Advance Nintendo Entertainment System

:-o

Well, since it's going to play all previous Nintendo console games, I think that a better fit would be

Advanced Nintendo Universal System

or, in short,

.. nevermind..

jarosh

maxmars said:
Well, since it's going to play all previous Nintendo console games, I think that a better fit would be

Advanced Nintendo Universal System

or, in short,

.. nevermind..
see what you did there.
how about Nintendo Universal Revolution System - Enhanced. The NURSE.

the androgyne said:
First: I don't particularly think this is any good (and i've been unable to come up with anything that could pass as professional)

Second: Others should have a shot at designing one too (cause i'm sick of the shitty joke names in this thread!)

Third: Place your bets as to how fast this appears on joystiq.com...... (since they like posting rubbish mockups :) )

RS-1.gif

Nice!

Top Bottom