• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : Sakurai teasing a Kid Icarus:Uprising port, or a Nintendo home console or ....Both?!?

McRazzle

Sakurai ended his latest video to his Youtube channel with the tease; "It sure would be nice to play Kid Icarus: Uprising on a home console. I wonder if someone out there will ever port it?"

Namco did post a job listing for a remaster/remake of a 3D game that was to be money-hatted by Nintendo, earlier this year.

BlackTron

Well remember to Nintendo, the Switch is a console. The question is, is it to Sakurai?

Compared to the 3DS this game was originally on, I wouldn't be surprised if in his own mind (without making a big deal out of how people might read into it) Switch "counted".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If we do get Kid Icarus Uprising remaster/port on Switch.......
the-bernie-mac-show-praise-god.gif

Thats my favourite 3DS game of all time.

Last edited:

alf717

I had some interest in this when I first got my 3DS couldn't find a physical copy though.s. I'm all for a modern port of the game.

Pejo

Gold Member
God I hope so. I tried to play it a while ago again and that control scheme....

Shame too, because it's a great game. Two sticks will probably breathe fresh life into it.

You know you kinda fucked up when a video is required just to show you how to play a game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Shame too, because it's a great game. Two sticks will probably breathe fresh life into it.

You know you kinda fucked up when a video is required just to show you how to play a game.

All the video says regarding controls, spent in like 10 seconds, is that you move with the circle pad, use the L button to shoot and aim/turn with the touch screen/stylus. You really think it was required and that it wasn't just another PR video for the game?

I fail to see which part appears too complicated, or like the video was made because people wouldn't grasp the concept in text form, in the manual or in-game instructions. Liking the controls or not is one thing, complicated they most definitely weren't.

3DS didn't have a second analog stick, they used the touch screen as one with the bonus of it being better for such a rail shooter and the negative of it being that the system form factor wasn't exacty the best for it. The stand shows that bit, not the video.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
She... And Marín, Linkle, princess Zelda, Lana, are the best waifus of Zelda
Uh...

xNuIYZr.jpg

Plus Samus, the Xenoblade and Fire Emblem girls. But yea, Palutena was so good that they made her again in Fire Emblem 3 Houses and called her Rhea.

All the video says regarding controls, spend in like 5 seconds, is that you move with the circle pad, use the L button to shoot and aim/turn with the touch screen/stylus. You really think it was required and that it wasn't just another PR video for the game?

I fail to see which part appears too complicated or like the video was made because people wouldn't grasp the concept in text form, in the manual or in-game instructions. Liking the controls or not is one thing, complicated they most definitely weren't.
You can chalk it up to preference then. It wasn't that I didn't understand how to play, it just felt like shit using a stylus in your right hand for aiming. They even made that thumb stylus to help improve it because obviously many people had issues with it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally didn’t mind it because its control scheme is exactly like Metroid Prime Hunter on DS and you need the accuracy of stylus for flying section in harder intensity.

Jennings

I enjoyed Kid Icarus Uprising on the 3DS, but man was it hard on my hand. The control scheme on 3DS was the main drawback. I would play the hell out of this on my TV via Switch, given the mandatory change to controls... unless you're expected to play in handheld mode and touch the screen.

I passed on the game solely because it looked like a nightmare to play on the 3DS. They even had to put out that special stand just for the game. Yeah I would definitely play it on a normal controller!

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm happy to know I'm not the only one hating it's controls on the 3DS, it's the sole reason I never went through it, I tried it but if was just too uncomfortable :(

Kataploom

Gold Member
This and Metroid Prime Hunters for DS.
I played a demo that a friend had back in the day but no more than that, I didn't feel it was unplayable as kid Icarus on 3DS though, maybe because the pacing was slow or maybe because I was hype-blinded by the DS (it was still the novelty)

Last edited:

Aldric

The "home console" part doesn't mean anything because Nintendo markets the Switch as a home console, but yeah at this point I'm pretty sure Bandai Namco is working on an Uprising port. Hopefully they wait until the next Switch to release it because this game deserves all the horsepower available to shine, some of the setpieces are amazing and should be rendered at the highest resolution possible.

Top Bottom