• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : Sakurai teasing a Kid Icarus:Uprising port, or a Nintendo home console or ....Both?!?

Barakov

4Ob4MJU.png

Don't read too much into it. Remember when he asked about the same thing regarding f-zero?
Evil Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

stop-exaggerating-exaggerate.gif

I was able to play the game even on high intensity.
Im glad you were able to enjoy it. I finished the game, but man I wouldn’t touch it again. Especially since I’m left handed, the control scheme was the pits. The control scheme alone is worth this getting ported. Such a good game.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

I bet this is the game Bandai Namco is remastering for Switch
I would rather see it get more of a Remake treatment. I mean we are going from 320p to full HD. Also they have to completely rework the ground sections and controls. This is seems more remake territory imo

Kataploom

Gold Member
I would rather see it get more of a Remake treatment. I mean we are going from 320p to full HD. Also they have to completely rework the ground sections and controls. This is seems more remake territory imo
Well, many call their games "remake" or "remaster" so freely I'm not afraid they just call it whatever and will look and play amazing anyway, even if they just update models and textures

Woopah

I would definitely be happier with a remake. I suspect it'll be somewhere between a remaster and a remake, like Xenoblade Chronicles was.

Aldric

The distinction between remake and remaster is semantics but one thing is for sure an Uprising port on Switch would need a ton of work, it's not one of these games you can just give a resolution boost and call it a day. It needs brand new assets, a significant change in camera placement because the original game was conceived for the tiny 3DS screen, a complete overhaul of the control scheme with probably associated balance fixes and even new voice actors because there's some problem with the original cast, especially Palutena's VA.

Impotaku

I would absolutely love for this to get a second time to shine on the switch, while the controls were a bit clunky in parts it was something that was easily overlooked when it was just so much fun. Pit hasn't had many games to appear in so far & this one was done right i loved the back & forth with palutena and pit while you played the levels plus the soundtrack is god tier taking remixes of the famicom tracks and giving them the full orchestral treatment, have the full cd soundtrack for this game. Still have my original copy plus the monumentally hard to get complete set of japanese AR cards that went with it, that was one crazy year as i followed the breadcrumb trail across japan trying to find all of the promo cards that were scattered in so many bits of merchandise. If they ever remaster they should do the monstrous thing and turn all the AR cards into amiibo cards so i can have another spin in trying to get them all again LOL.
jvD4k06.jpg

Camreezie

So we should be expecting:

- Metroid Prime 1-3
- Twilight Princess / Windwaker HD
- Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe ( Confirmed)

And now Kid Icarus Uprising lmao ye ok

Top Bottom