• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo shuts down Zelda: Skyward Sword Switch port reports.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Doesn't mean it's an "embarrassment".

Again, you can speak without resorting to hyperbole.
Game is cringe as fuck, if it weren't a waste of time I could easily spend an hour or two or even three pointing out every flaw
So again nothing, where exactly was hyperbole even used in my posts if I said what I meant and can back it up with ample critique? SS is not a great Zelda game...

Hugare

Will be bundled with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in a "Zelda Allstars" kind of deal

Will be the Sunshine of the collection: hated by many, loved by some

While it's not one of my favorite (and this is mostly due to motion controls) I still think SS is good. Not great, but good. Also has one of the cutest Zeldas in the entire franchise.

Wind Waker and Majoras Mask are still the best Zelda games.

BlackTron

Necro!

Here's your reward:

FFMu.gif

Damn that's appropriate.

I have no idea how I ended up in such an old thread, had no idea lol.

Hestar69

They will. Probably a half ass release like the mario collection and yes I will buy it because "buy before its not available march 2022!"

Cutty Flam

Banned
I'd say BOTW falls more short of a Zelda game than Skyward Sword. I actually enjoyed Skyward Sword.
BOTW could have been top 2 in the series if it had Dungeons/Temples, more story and storytelling elements, as well as NPCs w/ depth to them (the ones in villages and such)

BOTW is an incredible game, but there’s no getting around where it cut corners, even if the exploration ranges from great to superb. I love the game and can praise it a lot but Nintendo sacrificed a lot of material that TLoZ fans are accustom to seeing in these games and grew to love the Zelda games for. BOTW could have been worlds better if they would have only made the NPCs have a lot more depth and in turn, that would brought more life to the villages and stables, etc. Yeah there were villages and all, stables, but there really wasn’t much going on. They were all too serene, mostly everyone was relaxed, no disasters struck any of the towns, no attacks from enemies, not much lore. In Majora’s Mask for example, there were so many levels to the characters, their lives, and the areas in which they lived. In BOTW, life is not so complex, but is fairly plain for the NPCs. The desert town of the Gerudo was the best in the game but can anyone here really say the villages and towns and such kept you interested for long? I think so much more could have gone into all the mentioned areas but I had for sure thought that villages would have been a lot better. Most of the stables look exactly the same, a horse-like tented shelter with some farming elements around it. Same size, same look, same exact tranquil feel to the area (not a bad thing, but maybe change it up a bit stable to stable) and all in all it’s a lot of copy and paste

I agree with you in that BOTW is sort of a lacking Zelda game simply for the fact that it left out so many traditional elements we’re accustomed to seeing, but even with that and with my experience I can say it’s my third favorite Zelda game. It knocked The Wind Waker off from 3rd place for me. Even with BOTW not delivering on all fronts that I would have liked, it’s still such an exemplary title in the series. If Nintendo improves at all from what took place in BOTW, BOTW2 has a very strong chance to be game of the year / game of the decade even

sunnysideup

Banned
BOTW could have been top 2 in the series if it had Dungeons/Temples, more story and storytelling elements, as well as NPCs w/ depth to them (the ones in villages and such)

BOTW is an incredible game, but there’s no getting around where it cut corners, even if the exploration ranges from great to superb. I love the game and can praise it a lot but Nintendo sacrificed a lot of material that TLoZ fans are accustom to seeing in these games and grew to love the Zelda games for. BOTW could have been worlds better if they would have only made the NPCs have a lot more depth and in turn, that would brought more life to the villages and stables, etc. Yeah there were villages and all, stables, but there really wasn’t much going on. They were all too serene, mostly everyone was relaxed, no disasters struck any of the towns, no attacks from enemies, not much lore. In Majora’s Mask for example, there were so many levels to the characters, their lives, and the areas in which they lived. In BOTW, life is not so complex, but is fairly plain for the NPCs. The desert town of the Gerudo was the best in the game but can anyone here really say the villages and towns and such kept you interested for long? I think so much more could have gone into all the mentioned areas but I had for sure thought that villages would have been a lot better. Most of the stables look exactly the same, a horse-like tented shelter with some farming elements around it. Same size, same look, same exact tranquil feel to the area (not a bad thing, but maybe change it up a bit stable to stable) and all in all it’s a lot of copy and paste

I agree with you in that BOTW is sort of a lacking Zelda game simply for the fact that it left out so many traditional elements we’re accustomed to seeing, but even with that and with my experience I can say it’s my third favorite Zelda game. It knocked The Wind Waker off from 3rd place for me. Even with BOTW not delivering on all fronts that I would have liked, it’s still such an exemplary title in the series. If Nintendo improves at all from what took place in BOTW, BOTW2 has a very strong chance to be game of the year / game of the decade even

It feels like alot of open world games. There is no thought behind the locations, the whole game is painted with a broad brush map maker. With gameplay flags dotted out.

Only the first floating island area felt like there where any real thought to it.

Top Bottom