• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: Online Service Features

My concern with the online service is that some day I might want to buy multiple Switches for my house as I have multiple gamers in my house. Will this mean I'll need to pay for 3 online accounts?

It doesn't work this way for Xbox (I don't think for PlayStation either but not sure). I have 2 Xbox Ones in my house with only a single Gold account. We can play simultaneously in the house with multiple profiles on the single Gold account. Really hope Nintendo allows the same or this will have a serious impact on whether I would ever pick up more than one.

7gIVYG1.png

LKD claiming the Switch also won't have BBC iPlayer, which is one of the most basic video streaming services any device should have (if in the UK, obviously)

This bodes very poorly.
Why is Nintendo doing this? Features like this add value to the console and are easy to implement.

Nerazar

Why is Nintendo doing this? Features like this add value to the console and are easy to implement.

I suppose they want to launch with a clean gaming device with a robust OS and then add optional features later on. They do add value, but I personally don't think that all those features are 100% needed at launch. We all have so many devices to steam something at home or on the go - the Switch doesn't need that added to it as a built-in feature in the beginning.

Top Bottom