• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Partners - Bethesda, Atlus, Capcom, EA, Epic, Unity, more

Air

Banned
I'm not sure how online dependent games will be a problem. 3DS has wifi, this will probably have wifi in portable mode.

Snakeyes

Weren't Square-Enix "considering" Dragon Quest X for Switch? That right there should invalidate any doubts about online-heavy games being unsuitable for Switch.

EDarkness

Weren't Square-Enix "considering" Dragon Quest X for Switch? That right there should invalidate any doubts about online-heavy games being unsuitable for Switch.

I think DQ X was announced for the NS. Same with DQ XI. So it would mean that online heavy games can be played...just make sure you have a reliable internet connection before you start moving around....

MAtgS said:
Online dependent games probably aren't gonna be that big on Switch. Yeah they'll be perfectly playable in console mode but the tablet mode would have less reliable. If Nintendo's straight up mandating that every game runs in both modes, then a lot of online driven games can effectively cut off.
Online games are perfectly capable of running in portable mode, so it's not like they'll be driven off by Nintendo requiring they do so. DS is where Nintendo's big steps online started with games like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, and with 3DS they've even got online-only games like DQX on the thing.

MacTag

Banned
Some Japanese 3rd party ports I'd like to see on the system near launch window (March-June) from confirmed Switch publishers;

Arc System Works
-Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

Atlus
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Bandai Namco
-Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel
-Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
-Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
-Tales of Vesperia
-Tekken 7
-Virtual Console support (WonderSwan/Color)

Capcom
-Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1
-Monster Hunter XX
-Okami HD
-Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

From Software
-3D Dot Game Heroes

Hamster
-Arcade Archives (Virtual Console Arcade?)

inticreates
-Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
-Blaster Master Zero

Koei Tecmo
-Hyrule Warriors Legends
-Musou Stars

Konami
-Virtual Console support (TurboGrafx-16/CD, MSX/2)

Level 5
-Lady Layton
-The Snack World

NIS
-Birthdays the Beginning
-The Silver Case HD Remaster

Pokemon Co.
-Pokkén Tournament
-Virtual Console support (Pokémon mini)

Sega
-Bayonetta 1+2 Climax Collection
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Puyo Puyo Chronicle
-Sonic Mania
-Virtual Console support (SG-1000, Master System, MegaDrive/CD/32X, Game Gear)

Spike Chunsoft
-Danganronpa 1+2 Reload

Square Enix
-Dragon Quest Builders
-Dragon Quest Heroes Z (1+2)
-Final Fantasy IX (Android port)
-Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Some additional Japanese 3rd party publishers I'd like to see come on board include M2, SNK, Natsume, Q-Games, Artdink, Q Entertainment, Experience, Cave, FyRyu, D3 Publisher, Kadowkawa, Poisoft, Acquire, Dracue, Nigoro, Playism, Circle/Flyhigh Works and Falcom.

I was just playing that game earlier today and it made me think what a missed opportunity it was that Okami HD never came to Wii U. That game came out just months before the Wii U launch did. The paintbrush mechanics were practically begging for it.

God I hope Nintendo can get a Capcom-approved, PG-developed Okami 2 going on. I think my heart would give out like nobody's business.

I was just playing that game earlier today and it made me think what a missed opportunity it was that Okami HD never came to Wii U. That game came out just months before the Wii U launch did. The paintbrush mechanics were practically begging for it.

God I hope Nintendo can get a Capcom-approved, PG-developed Okami 2 going on. I think my heart would give out like nobody's business.

I definitely felt like Okami HD would have been great on Wii U if it released with possible option of stylus, motion and tradition controls for the game if Capcom was willing to port it and make sure it was a good port.

I was thinking of that when I thought of the HD version too!

ggx2ac

Saw Vooks retweet this.

In a new interview with fellow Australian site Maxi-Geek, Tantalus CEO Tom Crago has confirmed the team are working on the Switch;

"I can confirm that we’re working on Switch, and have been for some time. Our titles haven’t been announced as yet, but keep an eye out for more news soon."

http://www.vooks.net/twilight-princess-hd-developer-tantalus-working-nintendo-switch/

Funky Barn returns!? Maybe they're doing ports like with the Wii U launch of Mass Effect 3.

Edit: Also from the link.

We’ve always worked on Nintendo platforms and now of course after Twilight Princess HD our relationship with Nintendo is stronger than ever. I expect fans will look back through Nintendo’s catalogue and think about which titles they’d like us to bring to Switch. Everyone should feel free to make suggestions on our FaceBook page

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Let's see (retail published examples that Switch shows that was on Wii U but not shown in the Wii U pic):

505 Games: Terraria
Activision: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Codemasters: F1 All-Stars (was retail in all but NA IIRC)
Koei Tecmo: Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper
Level-5: Yo-kai Watch: Just Dance
Spike Chunsoft: Epic Mickey 2 (JP-Only)
Take 2: NBA 2K12
Telltale Games: Minecraft: Story Mode Complete Series
THQ Nordic: Legend of Kay Anniversary (THQ Nordic didn't exist in 2011 though)
Warner Bros: Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition

Just one example for each that's at least hardcore if there is one.

Level 5 doesn't count do you even know when the first yokai watch even came out let alone when yokai watch dance did which was made by Ubisoft. That slide is about launch window or games that were in development at that time. Level 5 was neither.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Testing the waters followed by shitty spin-offs.

I dont think so - HD development is too expensive and Capcom isnt in a position develop lackluster exclusive Spin-offs for a system.

I expect them to bring the whole AA series, Okami HD (not before 2018 though), REmake, RE0 and the upcoming RE2Remake. Monster Hunter XX as well as the next MH maingame seem likely too.

One BeatEm Up Collaboration w. Nintendo could happen as well - but not anywjere near launch because of Smash.

Top Bottom