• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Xathos

Neo Member
Is the standard edition Zelda also now sold out on Amazon? If so that is freaking wild...

Trying to decide if I should keep my amazon Switch/Zelda pre order on Amazon as well. I also have a xbox one coming on Thursday. But damn the thirst for Switch/Zelda seems stronger than I even thought...

Yes, and gamestop as well. Just tried to preorder from both and its sold out.. Got it from Walmart instead.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
why is the thread Pre-Order (US) ?

worldwide launch and all, sorry if this has been asked

Hard for one OP to be informed of all the stores and other launch details for more than one country to be able to put all the relevant links in the first post etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I put in for Day 1 shipping and now Target says it's getting here the next day. Fuck you Target, you charge me $15 for shipping and can't even deliver on time?

T_T fuck you Amazon Prime!

' "Nintendo Switch Pro Controller"
Estimated arrival date: March 06, 2017'

I need a way to charge joy-cons now :(

They have a 20-hour battery life and charge when attached to the tablet. This isn't going to be an issue unless they show up and have 0 charge.

MarkusRJR

I still find it strange that the included grip doesn't even have a charging port. I mean it's one thing to have a seperate kind of grip with an additional battery, but not having a way to plug in the controllers and keep playingonce the batteries get low is the weird.

Fireblend

Banned
Welp, changed the delivery address for my copy of Zelda and now it says "Delivery date pending"... Crossing my fingers Amazon will get some more stock between now and launch. It's odd for a game to go out of stock, no?

I spoke to 2 CS reps and they both told me I need not worry and that it would arrive on March 3 for sure. They better be right =/

Lgndryhr

You can try Target 8AM launch day

Saw that in their ad next week. Not worth the headache, but I'll check brickseek that morning. I'm usually up early to walk the dogs do couldn't hurt to check my local stock. I'm off launch day too and will only go out if it is a guarantee.

DOWN

Banned
Any word on Wii U games getting digital versions on the eshop for Switch?

I'm trying to get rid of my Best Buy and Amazon Switch pre-orders so PM I guess

udivision

Any word on Wii U games getting digital versions on the eshop for Switch?

I'm trying to get rid of my Best Buy and Amazon Switch pre-orders so PM I guess

I think the word right now is wait for the port/sequel of any Wii U game of note.

EDIT: Typo.

spannicus

I put in for Day 1 shipping and now Target says it's getting here the next day. Fuck you Target, you charge me $15 for shipping and can't even deliver on time?

They have a 20-hour battery life and charge when attached to the tablet. This isn't going to be an issue unless they show up and have 0 charge.
U should get refund on shipping.

qko

You know you can charge them when the Switch is docked, right?

March 3rd, 7:30pm Location-Home: "Screw it, batteries on joy cons dead. Need to go to Best Buy and buy new joy cons."

March 3rd, 9pm Location- Home: "How did I end up with a new set of Joy Cons, a Charging Grip, a Pro controller, Super Bomberman and 1-2 Switch?!?!"

They have 20 hour battery life, so dock them when you're done.

You know you can charge them when the Switch is docked, right?

I plan to play BoTW until I pass out so the battery better not die before I do

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I am super disappointed about this March 7 date for the Pro Controller from Amazon. I might go out early in the morning before my Switch arrives and see if I can find a Pro Controller at Best Buy, Target, Gamestop or somewhere. I am a little doubtful I'd come across one as limited stock items tend to always remain sold out in my area, but I guess we'll see what happens. I'd love to be playing BotW on a Pro Controller come launch day if possible.

I'm assuming it's a no, but does anyone know if the audio can output via the headphone jack when the Switch is docked?

I guess worse case scenario I'll just connect my wireless PX4 headphones to the headphone jack on my monitor.

I'm a bit upset that I have a Switch preorder, but some people that don't even have the damn thing bought out the Master edition of Zelda

Hell no. I walked into a store on launch day and bought a Wii. Same with Wii U and PS4.

I try not to call bullshit on random people online but I have a very, very hard time believing this right here. Like "my girlfriend is a Canadian supermodel, here is a poorly photoshopped picture of us standing next to each other for proof" hard to believe.

goldenpp72

I try not to call bullshit on random people online but I have a very, very hard time believing this right here. Like "my girlfriend is a Canadian supermodel, here is a poorly photoshopped picture of us standing next to each other for proof" hard to believe.

Yeah, the Wii was like finding gold on the street when it first hit, the Wii U/Ps4/Xbox one were much easier to deal with though.

guek

Banned
Hmm. I wonder if I should pick up an extra Switch if available at midnight. Would anyone on GAF want to buy it from me + shipping?

I guess I could just pick one up and see what supply is like afterwards. If stock is readily updated and people don't have trouble finding one, I could just return it.

Is the non-charging dog ear joycon grip included with the system?

Trying to figure out if I should just take a super early trip to Target on the 3rd and splurge on the charging grip or a pro controller. If a non-charging one is in the box I may just wait a bit tbh.

antonz

Is the non-charging dog ear joycon grip included with the system?

Trying to figure out if I should just take a super early trip to Target on the 3rd and splurge on the charging grip or a pro controller. If a non-charging one is in the box I may just wait a bit tbh.

standard grip that has no charge capability is included

Ponn

Banned
I'm a bit upset that I have a Master's Edition preordered for Switch, but no Switch preorder. :/

This is like stealth bragging. No one will ever be able to pick up a Master Edition Zelda at msrp now if they didn't luck out with a preorder but eventually you will be able to get a Switch for years to come.

Vitacat

How long after launch day will new batches start to show up, and will there be new waves of preorders to get them?

I realize no one will have actual answers, but as one of the dopes who waited too long to get my preorder in, those are the questions I have.

Top Bottom