• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

suikoden352

Neo Member
My wife and I went and traded in my xbox 360 along with 2 tote bags full of Xbox 360, PS3, wii, and a few Xbox one and ps4 games we either have digitally or don't play anymore at all. Total came to 278 and change so our switch is fully paid and I plan on trading in my PS3 and a few games for PS3 and Xbox 360 we didn't have in their cases so to pay off Zelda. Only had to pay 9 bucks and change for tax on the switch.

How long after launch day will new batches start to show up, and will there be new waves of preorders to get them?

I realize no one will have actual answers, but as one of the dopes who waited too long to get my preorder in, those are the questions I have.

If it's anything like PS4, I was able to get one ordered and delivered on time the Christmas after launch just fine. In December, the PS4 would go in and out of stock on Amazon frequently. If the Switch beats PS4's day one sales, I'd imagine supply would meet demand similarly. Though this is a completely different time of year and Nintendo is being more conservative due to the WiiU. I would say to make an account on NowInStock and keep your eyes peeled. Your best bet for Day 1 is to head to your nearest Target, Toys R Us or Best Buy if you're in America. You might get lucky at Walmart but I don't suggest stepping foot there at all but that's on my own principle. The Walton family can suck it. The only reason to go to Walmart is to play in the toy aisle until you get your ass kicked out. GameStop despite being all about video games is the worst place to camp out. I know I read somewhere that Best Buy is doing the whole ticket thing for people who didn't preorder who are willing to pick one up on the 3rd. No preorder allocation is the entire global stock. That would be unfair.

//ARCANUM

Anyone know when we can expect to get an email confirming orders?

Best Buy by the way.

I don't think Best Buy sends out anything other than "your item will be ready for pickup" on march 2nd or so.

Other than the original confirmation emails they sent after placing orders.

Vitacat

If it's anything like PS4, I was able to get one ordered and delivered on time the Christmas after launch just fine. In December, the PS4 would go in and out of stock on Amazon frequently. If the Switch beats PS4's day one sales, I'd imagine supply would meet demand similarly. Though this is a completely different time of year and Nintendo is being more conservative due to the WiiU. I would say to make an account on NowInStock and keep your eyes peeled. Your best bet for Day 1 is to head to your nearest Target, Toys R Us or Best Buy if you're in America. You might get lucky at Walmart but I don't suggest stepping foot there at all but that's on my own principle. The Walton family can suck it. The only reason to go to Walmart is to play in the toy aisle until you get your ass kicked out. GameStop despite being all about video games is the worst place to camp out. I know I read somewhere that Best Buy is doing the whole ticket thing for people who didn't preorder who are willing to pick one up on the 3rd. No preorder allocation is the entire global stock. That would be unfair.
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I'm limited to buying it from GameStop, because I have over $300 in GameStop credit that I really want to unload.

I've already accepted the possibility that I may not be able to get one for days, weeks, or even months after launch. This is Nintendo, after all. :-/

At least I do have all the games and accessories I want preordered. Now, if I can just manage to get the system.

duality1123

Neo Member
So i know this is for US gaffers but i was just told here in Australia by eb games that they're doing an official midnight release for Zelda and the Switch. Don't know if anyone else is doing it but thats what i've heard. The store's in Cairns, Queensland so other's might want to confirm in Sydney or Melbourne

Switch Pro Controller now has a March 7th delivery date for me. Pretty disappointed, was hoping to play with the pro controller on day one. Maybe this will get changed? I preordered as soon as it went up on Amazon, unless Amazon has limited/no stock on the launch. Not sure if I will cancel and just go into a retail store and pick it up.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Due to poverty I had to cancel my Nintendo Switch pre-order. I hope Nintendo will secure enough stock for the holidays.

I am not in the US though but I didn't feel like bumping an old thread. Thanks for the useful info, That Damn Kid.

Best Buy is giving a two side poster out. Limited quantities. Outside of that haven't heard anything.

proxy.php

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
Switch Pro Controller now has a March 7th delivery date for me. Pretty disappointed, was hoping to play with the pro controller on day one. Maybe this will get changed? I preordered as soon as it went up on Amazon, unless Amazon has limited/no stock on the launch. Not sure if I will cancel and just go into a retail store and pick it up.

I read a crazy stat the other day that Amazon prime is in 46% of US homes as of 2016. That is around 56 million members. You throw in the non members in that pool, and any allocation of hardware seems limited.

Now of course a lot of those people are not interested in video games.Lets say 5% of the prime members wanted a switch , that would be 2,800,000 people. Of course this is me just theorizing, but it would explain why things sell out so fast on amazon and why it takes a while to come back in stock.

Chorazin

You have it guaranteed from Amazon, retail is going to be pretty dicey. Just wait the couple of days!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised there's not a OT yet for the Switch. I guess this could get turned into a OT but maybe it would be better to separate the two?
I will be making the Nintendo Switch OT. It's going up when the clock rolls over to March 3 in Japan.

Crazyorloco

Off topic, but if you're in New York and want to play Zelda, the Nintendo world store is allowing people to play it starting today.

On topic, I hope everyone gets to preorder the system and the games they want.

PSFan

I just noticed the charging grip I also had preordered on Amazon doesn't have a ship date either. Hope I don't have to wait until Mar. 7 for that as well.

Boylamite

I had the best day ever on Friday. My work announced they were profitable last year and our bonuses were confirmed. Went to my local Microplay, saw the switch stand. I was feeling bummed I missed the initial wave of pre orders, so I figured I would ask if they were still taking orders and dude behind the counter confirmed they had a second wave of allotments that morning. BAM! Console, charging grip and BoTW paid in full!
Now I am super hyped and the wait is less than 2 weeks. Bring it on!

Yojimbo99

Neo Member
I have mine pre-ordered (Switch + Zelda). Can't wait! I wonder why the pro controller is so hard to find. Think they missed the mark on how many people would actually want it?

Looking on Amazon for a decent SDXC card and an extra charging cable, any USC Type C cable should work right?

KevinG

I still believe there's some potential for these Amazon Pro-Con preorders to have another expected delivery date change.

I've seen some really odd things happen with Amazon orders leading up to a release.

I still believe there's some potential for these Amazon Pro-Con preorders to have another expected delivery date change.

I've seen some really odd things happen with Amazon orders leading up to a release.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they bump it up, but I'm mentally preparing myself for it to not come until that Tuesday, haha.

Neoxon

I wanted to pre-order at Best Buy, but they required me to pay for the whole thing up-front & I didn't have all of the money at the time. I instead went with GameStop, since pre-ordering in-store actually allowed me to pay off the pre-order at my own pace.

I have shot myself in the foot big time. I have the switch preordered and ready to go, but I never preordered a game and amazons sold out of breath of the wild! I was holding out for some limited edition BTW stuff but no more stock had been released....

Neoxon

I have shot myself in the foot big time. I have the switch preordered and ready to go, but I never preordered a game and amazons sold out of breath of the wild! I was holding out for some limited edition BTW stuff but no more stock had been released....
I think Best Buy still has some copies of BotW in stock.

Chitown B

Uh, you can buy digital.

Also, there is zero way for me to preorder a Switch, right? Tried to the day it was shown, and couldn't. Since then I figured there's no way.

Ghgghggh

Banned
Just called the Gamestop in Miami I preordered from and they are doing a midnight launch!!! My hype levels are too high. I have OOT, MM for 3DS and Witcher 3 and Resident Evil 7 but these are not enough to distract me !!!

FaintDeftone

Wait does your guys bestbuy pre orders say available for pick up March 2nd?

Mine says available Friday, March 3rd (in-store pickup in EST as well) and that my credit card is still waiting authorization (even though I ordered the minute the preorders went live at midnight on Jan 12th). I'm assuming this is because they haven't actually charged my credit card in full yet. Anyone else have the same status?

RockmanBN

Mine says available Friday, March 3rd (in-store pickup in EST as well) and that my credit card is still waiting authorization (even though I ordered the minute the preorders went live at midnight on Jan 12th). I'm assuming this is because they haven't actually charged my credit card in full yet. Anyone else have the same status?

Same here. Don't want issues with my orders.

normal, relax

Lgndryhr

Best Buy will not give you your Switch, Switch games, and Switch accessories until midnight local time or launch morning if not doing a midnight launch. The date on your order whether march 2nd or 3rd means nothing.

AntMurda

Best Buy will not give you your Switch, Switch games, and Switch accessories until midnight local time or launch morning if not doing a midnight launch. The date on your order whether march 2nd or 3rd means nothing.

So 3-2 Thursday rolling into midnight? Does Best Buy open that late?

Will Amazon Switch orders arrive on my door Friday?

two weeks from launch, and my neon pre order is burning into my existence.
Best Buy better let me pick up my console, all my games and extra accessories during the midnight launch.

Has anybody done a console launch at midnight best buy and can speak to if they let you grab all in store accessories and games you pre-ordered too?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Anyone want an Amazon order of a Pro Controller at cost? PM me - I'll put your info on it for a gift card. I'm about to cancel it because I have a best buy order that's discounted, but just in case anyone wants this, let me know.

hoserx

So, I'm guessing that changing my BBuy preorder from Delivery to In Store pickup is probably a bad idea, right?

Top Bottom