• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Dartastic

I have my Best Buy order scheduled for pick up, which means I'll be able to get it at midnight. But my Zelda special edition is scheduled for delivery. I seriously hope that Best Buy delivers my game on the 2nd... Plz Best Buy, PLZ.

wwm0nkey

In my experience, getting non first party stuff early happens often from BestBuy, wouldn't be shocked if people get controllers super early either if they aren't street dated too

rSpooky

I just got this email as well, but I SWEAR I remember that Switch preorders got a free shipping and release date delivery option. I don't remember having any other option for shipping.

Same here. I already replied to an inquiry on launch day delivery. I will be on travel otherwise and it would be nice to bring it along during the trip.

I also don't remember shipping options .. So maybe I just messed it up myself , maybe they are mistaken, maybe they are just playing games and try to make a few extra bucks with extra shipping..who knows. Lets see what their CS says.

charpunk

I really hope the best buy I preordered at has extra joy-cons because I think I finally decided to keep my gray preorder and get a set of blue or red.

Cbajd5

Nintendo Switch |OT| Pro? Cons?

dZuz09T.jpg

I didn't make this, but it's funny.

I prefer OT titles to be more conservative and considered, so I would like to put forward:

Nintendo Switch [OT] HAHA HAHA YEAH!

Ouroboros

Same here. I already replied to an inquiry on launch day delivery. I will be on travel otherwise and it would be nice to bring it along during the trip.

I also don't remember shipping options .. So maybe I just messed it up myself , maybe they are mistaken, maybe they are just playing games and try to make a few extra bucks with extra shipping..who knows. Lets see what their CS says.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll be contacting their CS by phone tomorrow. I'll let you know what they tell me.

Lgndryhr

hi fellow pre-orderers. So Binding of Isaac got delayed, but Puyo Puyo Tetris, which says it's coming out in April, is showing as a March 3rd delivery on my amazon preorder. Any news on this?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/8/14555606/puyo-puyo-tetris-nintendo-switch-ps4-release-date

"...will come to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on April 25 in North America. Sega will release the game in Europe a few days later on April 28.

The Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris will be available to purchase digitally for $29.99 and physically — on a Switch game card — for $39.99. PS4 owners will only have the option to buy the game on disc, however. That version will cost $29.99."

daffy

Banned
Yes, but you won't actually be able to get the stuff that day. You won't be able to get the stuff until midnight if your store is doing a midnight launch or the launch day.
Do you work for Best Buy? I've talked to several employees in the LA area that have told me they will be selling the Switch at 9pm March 2nd to match with EST. This was told to me in store as well as over the phone at 6 different Best Buys. I'm a little aggravated now if this isn't the case.

This is like stealth bragging. No one will ever be able to pick up a Master Edition Zelda at msrp now if they didn't luck out with a preorder but eventually you will be able to get a Switch for years to come.

Yea I had a feeling it would come off that way, sorry bout that.

Funny thing is you could sell that and likely have enough money to buy a Switch at MSRP.

Right? But now that Zelda on Switch is selling out, it seems like I would not be able to get both if i went that route anyways.

Lgndryhr

Do you work for Best Buy? I've talked to several employees in the LA area that have told me they will be selling the Switch at 9pm March 2nd to match with EST. This was told to me in store as well as over the phone at 6 different Best Buys. I'm a little aggravated now if this isn't the case.

I don't but all of their signage, info, marketing, etc. say that the console, games and accessories will be available on Friday, March 3rd at 12:01 a.m. local time.

It is even on their website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/nintendo-switch/pcmcat1476977522176.c?id=pcmcat1476977522176

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

jvvdWyz.jpg

k5iMXOa.jpg

Parablank

Sorry if it's the wrong place to be asking, but is it basically impossible to get a switch if I didn't preorder? Will stores have consoles available without a pre order on it?

gwiz210

So does anyone know with gamestop.com preorders when does the payment process? I have a Switch preordered on there and I'm not sure when to move money to my checking account.

Lgndryhr

Sorry if it's the wrong place to be asking, but is it basically impossible to get a switch if I didn't preorder? Will stores have consoles available without a pre order on it?

Impossible? No. Difficult? Yes.

I'd recommend getting early to either a local Target, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy. I hear they will have some stock that isn't for pre-orders.

WadeitOut

Might just be a west coast thing because I've emailed with my local BB manager and it's definitely midnight here in the midwest.

daffy

Banned
I don't but all of their signage, info, marketing, etc. say that the console, games and accessories will be available on Friday, March 3rd at 12:01 a.m. local time.
Ok. I'll just call them back and ask them closer to launch. They may be using old logic but I'm surprised that none of them knew this

Lgndryhr

Ok. I'll just call them back and ask them closer to launch. They may be using old logic but I'm surprised that none of them knew this

I personally am not shocked, but my local Best Buy's aren't the most intelligent when it comes to gaming. Might be a regional thing. Most of the employees seem like they barely passed training. I like Best Buy for GCU, price match, reward points, and ability to put my hands on a piece of tech before buying. The employees though never seem super knowledgeable.

Also, I thought previous console launches were based on local time. Games haven't been though in recent years.

charpunk

of course they will have, don't worry , tthe issue is extra switch, not accessories

Considering that the accessories are pretty much sold out everywhere for preorder, and the best buy I'm going to never gets much of anything (used to work there) has me doubting this.

So does anyone know with gamestop.com preorders when does the payment process? I have a Switch preordered on there and I'm not sure when to move money to my checking account.
Just got an email saying they're going to charge the card on the 25th. Units are going to be shipped out on the 2nd.

Mudron

Yeah, I just got the email from Amazon letting me know that my spare Neon Joy-Cons won't be arriving until March 7th, too.

DSPEED

Someone posted earlier that they got an email saying their card would be charged on the 25th. I ordered through GameStop.com too, but haven't received any notification of when I will be charged (I used PayPal).

I'm in the same boat man.

Try calling your local Gamestop every day starting Friday to see if any pre-orders cancelled, which is what a Gamestop employee told me to try. I'm also going to see if Target will be opening at midnight for it, if not I'll try Best Buy; either way I'll get there an hour early probably.

I remember they said on their site that preorders were given free 2 day shipping, but not release date delivery.

R0ckman

Anybody order some switch stuff (accessories) that is NOT getting on the 7th but the 3rd? I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Top Bottom