• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Lgndryhr

So 3-2 Thursday rolling into midnight? Does Best Buy open that late?

Will Amazon Switch orders arrive on my door Friday?

Most Best Buy's will close normal time which is 9pm local time on March 2nd. Prepare for the launch once closed. Then re-open doors probably close to midnight local time. Once it hits midnight local time (it will be March 3rd then) they will begin selling / handing out pre-orders as well as selling Switch consoles, games, accessories, etc. that weren't pre-ordered.

Only if you selected the shipping method for them to arrive on Friday. Might want to check your order. Don't depend on their CS to answer this. They are outsourced and terrible like most CS including Best Buy.

two weeks from launch, and my neon pre order is burning into my existence.
Best Buy better let me pick up my console, all my games and extra accessories during the midnight launch.

Has anybody done a console launch at midnight best buy and can speak to if they let you grab all in store accessories and games you pre-ordered too?

They will. The items will be grouped together more than likely for your order(s).

So, I'm guessing that changing my BBuy preorder from Delivery to In Store pickup is probably a bad idea, right?

Depends. Certain stores are doing midnight launches and some aren't. Those that aren't will not open early on March 3rd either is my understanding. Also, might want to check online if that store still has stock to take on another pre-order. I have noticed some local stores cannot take in-store pickup on Switch items now, but others can. Probably means no more online pre-orders for instore pickup at those locations. I am sure each store knows exactly how much of each item they are receiving at this point.

BFIB

two weeks from launch, and my neon pre order is burning into my existence.
Best Buy better let me pick up my console, all my games and extra accessories during the midnight launch.

Has anybody done a console launch at midnight best buy and can speak to if they let you grab all in store accessories and games you pre-ordered too?
Been a long time since I did BB midnight (360), but I was able to get everything.

hoserx

Thanks for the reply, Lgndryhr.

The BB that I live near is doing the launch. Wouldn't changing my order just mean that one that was supposed to ship would be re-directed to the store? The more I think about it though, I should just wait for it to be delivered, rather than take any sort of risks. I took Friday off of work, so a midnight pickup would be great, but I can wait. My copy of Zelda is an in-store pickup, though...... so I'll be there anyway. Haha.

shaowebb

KegjQkJ.gif

May as well get some use outta this gif then. Feel free to use.

Salbug

Managed to score a pre-order of the Switch along with Zelda and Bomberman for my partner and I near the beginning of this month when Best Buy got another shipment in that sold out within a hour. :v

Karish

Nintendo Switch |OT| Clap On

Nintendo Switch |OT| Variety is the Spice of Life

Nintendo Switch |OT| Do you Even Switch Bro?

Nintendo Switch |OT| Ode to Joy-Cons

Lgndryhr

Thanks for the reply, Lgndryhr.

The BB that I live near is doing the launch. Wouldn't changing my order just mean that one that was supposed to ship would be re-directed to the store? The more I think about it though, I should just wait for it to be delivered, rather than take any sort of risks. I took Friday off of work, so a midnight pickup would be great, but I can wait. My copy of Zelda is an in-store pickup, though...... so I'll be there anyway. Haha.

Not a problem!

At this point? I don't think it could be done logistically. I know you can't change store pickup location on their website for the Switch so I'd imagine you cannot change your delivery method for a Switch unless updating address or pickup person.

Rookje

Just got an e-mail from GameStop saying my order would arrive on Monday the 5th "based on my shipping preference."

Anyone else have this? Anyway to get it day of?

wvan13

Ordered my Switch right when they became available, from Best Buy. At first it failed my card authorization, I changed payment method to fix the mistake, and it took money out.

A week later it put the money back in, and it's listed "pre-order pending release" in the system (I'm an employee).

My question is should I worry about the "failed authorization" I see on the website? It still under "processing" status, to be ready March 3rd.

Rookje

Just got an e-mail from GameStop saying my order would arrive on Monday the 5th "based on my shipping preference."

Anyone else have this? Anyway to get it day of?

Nevermind, it's cause I did 2-day shipping instead of Next day.

Anyone know what time of day the Switch will arrive on Friday?

Ouroboros

Nevermind, it's cause I did 2-day shipping instead of Next day.

Anyone know what time of day the Switch will arrive on Friday?

I just got this email as well, but I SWEAR I remember that Switch preorders got a free shipping and release date delivery option. I don't remember having any other option for shipping.

Ducayne

Could use some advice--

Have Best Buy pre-order delivery for March 3.

I'm 3-for-3 on BB shipping pre-ordered games arriving a day before release date (RE7, Recore, and Gears of War 4 all came a day before release date).

I have a 6AM flight on March 3rd to LA for 6 days. Should I risk either switching my delivery address to my hotel/LA office (from NYC) OR hope it gets delivered a day early (or even attempt to go to the local UPS depot and try to procure it early)

....or just wait until 3/8 to get my grubby hands on it

Ordered my Switch right when they became available, from Best Buy. At first it failed my card authorization, I changed payment method to fix the mistake, and it took money out.

A week later it put the money back in, and it's listed "pre-order pending release" in the system (I'm an employee).

My question is should I worry about the "failed authorization" I see on the website? It still under "processing" status, to be ready March 3rd.

I called Best Buy's CS about this due to their payment holds being different for the different payment methods you can use on BestBuy.com. If you used something like their Best Buy CC it won't pull the funds til its getting ready to be shipped to the store. Which the CS agent said should be sometime around Wednesday of next week.

My significant other used a different form of payment, and the money was/still was taken out immidately.

If you succeeded on your second payment attempt, it sounds like you're good to go. When in doubt, I would call Best Buys CS department, ask for their Order's/Pre-Order's department and see if the pre-order number they gave you is still in the system. If something looks off, the agent would probably say something. When I called and inquired about my pre-order code through them, the CS agent looked it over and said everything looked peachy on her end.

Lgndryhr

Could use some advice--

Have Best Buy pre-order delivery for March 3.

I'm 3-for-3 on BB shipping pre-ordered games arriving a day before release date (RE7, Recore, and Gears of War 4 all came a day before release date).

I have a 6AM flight on March 3rd to LA for 6 days. Should I risk either switching my delivery address to my hotel/LA office (from NYC) OR hope it gets delivered a day early (or even attempt to go to the local UPS depot and try to procure it early)

....or just wait until 3/8 to get my grubby hands on it

Those were games. This is a console launch. You might get it early, but less likely I believe. If you really want it before 3/8 then change the delivery address or wait until you get back on 3/8 is what I would do.

AdamMPSP

hi fellow pre-orderers. So Binding of Isaac got delayed, but Puyo Puyo Tetris, which says it's coming out in April, is showing as a March 3rd delivery on my amazon preorder. Any news on this?

Pinky

Banned
Just received an email from GameStop that my card will be debited on the 25th with tracking info to follow on the 2nd. It's almost here!

Here's to hoping the random dude likely delivering my Switch Friday morning stops by as early as he did when he dropped Nioh off at 8am.

Nintendo Switch |OT| Yeah, I heard he got that hot new thing
Nintendo Switch |OT| Turn it over and hit it

Just received an email from GameStop that my card will be debited on the 25th with tracking info to follow on the 2nd. It's almost here!

likewise

i wonder if this means they are going to be able to hook me up with launch day delivery even though i didnt pay for it...

Top Bottom