• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Bsigg12

t1484251200z4.png

soon

Was just about to ask for this. I'll see you guys next year!

Weird that they're doing a conference second but did a commercial first (longer than a commercial but that's what that video basically was)

After the WiiU fiasco, I think preparing and planning the short video we've seen to show EXACTLY what the Switch is about was the right choice.

Now everyone is sure what it is, so the live presentation can be about the games and the system in general.

Vyse24

I'm guessing it'll be like those Treehouse Live presentations. Hopefully we'll still have a Direct before then to show the 3DS and Wii U stuff coming out soon.

Thoraxes

Live?

Looking forward to seeing some games in action then!

We will more than likely be getting price, launch day, launch lineup, and retailer pre-orders then too... given the proximity to the launch month.

I'm glad it's a concrete date too, instead of some nebulous guessing and constant "insider" rumors.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
November? They just told investors they would ship 2 million by the end of March.

And they told them they'd ship Zelda in 2016. Things change.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Some of you are straight-up crazy with this nonsense. It was reinforced again in Nintendo's financials that it's launching in March.

Some of you are very naive about how business works. A delay is entirely possible, so steel yourself for the possibility.

Damn, this is one day before my wife's due date. It would suck to have to miss the birth of my son, but when he gets older and I tell him the story over a game of Smash Bros. 7, he'll understand.

antonz

Be interesting to see how this goes. Having a livestream event should be fun. Live from Japan is interesting. Guessing Evening Pacific time so its Morning in Tokyo

aesinv

Neo Member
It's crazy to think that aside from what we already know we more than likely won't know anything other concrete details until two months before the console is supposed to launch. Then again, they seem to have been doing a good job at hyping and maintaining the hype for Sun & Moon in a relatively short time, so they must be pretty confident in their marketing plan.

Zeeman

I'm assuming this thread will have gone through 5 iterations and never have fallen off the front page by that time

Hell yeah! Gonna definitely request that day off work when I can. In addition to whenever the launch date is. I'm assuming launch will be on a Friday. I am off work on Sundays and Mondays, so having off that launch day, Saturday and 2 more days will be glorious.

Some of you are very naive about how business works. A delay is entirely possible, so steel yourself for the possibility.

No, trust me, you're the one who's naive. This is a hardware launch. This is not a software launch. Nintendo has now stated Switch launches in March 2017 on four separate occasions.

Christ.

Top Bottom