• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

From earlier:
I mentioned earlier but the thread is moving too fast, it's a play on words with the title Super Mario Run...
The kanji is 'ran', which happens to be the title (and same kanji) of a classic samurai epic by Akira Kurosawa (based on King Lear).

"Ran" (乱) means rebellion, revolt or war. In Japanese, the English word Run would be pronounced the same as the kanji/movie Ran...

So Mario is wearing a samurai outfit as a subtle and funny nod to a Kurosawa classic which kinda sorta shares the same name.

eQeOo4o.gif

J@hranimo

Banned
To be fair, those 25 studio lights are not brighter than the sun.

C'mon man, we know all those studio lights will have more of a difference in this case compared to outdoor lighting.

I liked what I saw.

As long as it comes in at under $250 I'll be putting in my pre-order as soon as its up.

Ask for a $25 Gift Card for the holidays and then you can get it Day 1 lmao
It's gonna probably launch at $250

Look many are saying they're buying a switch just to play the definitive version of zelda, not for the other features the switch offers

And I'm just stating if the difference between the two is really worth the extra cost of the console. I mean the WiiU version has to be real bad

AdanVC

Cuningas de Häme;226259076 said:
I want that shirt so badly. The greatest thing in the whole presentation, apart from Bill's tongue waggling. Just beautiful.

What if that Mario in a samurai costume is one of the upcoming powerups for the new 3D Mario!? Mario Samurai slashing all da goombas away while doing all sorts of combos. Oh my.

This was a lot more refreshing than watching Conan play FFXV very sarcastically and snarkily, insulting it the whole time.

(I don't know anything about ffxv, nor do I own a current gen console, just commenting on his attitude)

Rodin

This gap. Immersion breaking!

RauV0nR.png

Also anyone else disliking how the shadow quality is changing at about 2 meters in front of link? You can see it really well at 7m 14s (the left corner "rock details") when he moves the camera (right next to Jimmy Fallons head) and when he starts to walk forward.
I don't think this footage is indicative of anything, really, even without taking into account that it's off-screen. This is Wii U footage from the E3 demo and shadows/grass distance looks ok, no reason to assume it would be worse on more powerful hardware. It's probably a demo from an early, stable build made very quickly to be shown there, we're gonna have to wait a bit before actually seeing how the Switch version is going to look like.

What if that Mario in a samurai costume is one of the upcoming powerups for the new 3D Mario!? Mario Samurai slashing all da goombas away while doing all sorts of combos. Oh my.

I was thinking the same thing, yeah. It would be awesome.

This was a lot more refreshing than watching Conan play FFXV very sarcastically and snarkily, insulting it the whole time.

(I don't know anything about ffxv, nor do I own a current gen console, just commenting on his attitude)

Y'all still butthurt over that? Shit was funny. People are allowed to not like things.

I've already got $400 saved up for this thing. The cheaper the main console is, the more games or accessories I can get.

It comes out the month of my birthday, and if the leaked date is to be believed, the week of my birthday. I'm probably going to get the console myself, and have a nice little on-slaught of accessories and games coming from my fiancé and folks. Shit is gonna be niiiccceee.

Basically:

$199 = ideal but probably not realistic
$249 = best realistic price point
$300 = pushing it
>$300 = DOA

Yup pretty much. People will argue that the Switch offers great value because it is two systems in 1 so it can justify being the same price or more expensive than the PS4 / X1.

We dont have all the facts on its power, OS, and or included items in box so I say this cautiously. In my eyes its value will be dictated by whether it will garner software support from developers other than Nintendo. You can charge more if you are getting support left and right , but if you are a Nintendo only machine again I don't think you can claim value at more than a PS4 or X1. Especially if software is tied to hardware rather than account, no achievements, no party chat, and region locking.

Kindekuma

Banned
Also anyone else disliking how the shadow quality is changing at about 2 meters in front of link? You can see it really well at 7m 14s (the left corner "rock details") when he moves the camera (right next to Jimmy Fallons head) and when he starts to walk forward.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here since the game is still in development, and that the Nintendo Switch is still a product in development. So anything can happen here. I don't expect that kind of visual defect/glitch/bug in the final game on the final product.

nubbe

Do you think Conan will be get to try the Switch after he drew penises on his face during the Mario Kart segment?

StAidan

I guess you two dont usually follow his show. There is even a meme about his fake laugh.

I watch his YouTube clips often, and I don't get all the accusations of fakeness. I know people just like him IRL, it's not like this guy has a monopoly on goofball.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here since the game is still in development, and that the Nintendo Switch is still a product in development. So anything can happen here. I don't expect that kind of visual defect/glitch/bug in the final game on the final product.
Well I just wanted to mention it since people where mostly comparing the FPS.

"Regarding the price, as we have been saying, we are, in principle, not planning to sell it at a loss. We would like a wide variety of consumers to enjoy Nintendo products, and we would also like to think in terms of consumersʼ expectations for our products." - Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima

Based on this statement and previous pricing I would expect it to be less than the launch Wii U MSRP of $299.99 for Basic, $349.99 I am not sure it will be lower than the 3ds launch MSRP of 249.99. Nintendo consumers thought 249.99 was too high so it got discounted to 179.99 before sales turned..

It just seems very unlikely that Nintendo would price at or within grasp of the X1 / PS4 pricing (269.99 / 289.99 with packin).

199.99 with packin seems so unlikely but in my mind would be the best possible price to be a huge sales success.. 249.99 seems more likely from Nintendos perspective.

I'm not arguing that $199 for the base SKU wouldn't be preferable- of course it would. I'm just telling people what the most trustworthy rumor is. And who knows, maybe they're going for an exact $199 to £199 conversion so we'll all be happy!

Good showing for Nintendo. Waaaaay better than the one during the video game awards lol.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU ALL OF A CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!!!!!!!

As I have played the demo of Breath of the Wild, thank you thank you, I know first has that shield surfing does not come that naturally. When I saw Fallon bust it out I immediately knew this was all rehearsed. Bravo , but you can't pull a fast one on me!

Not a big deal. I don't actually care. Lol

Top Bottom