• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

Steph_E.

Using the info a few days back in this very thread, I've just opened an account with Very and placed my first order: for the Switch + Zelda +1 2 Switch.

According to their website first order should get 20% off. Guess what? - it didn't work.

So I phoned and spoke to an advisor who, after 20 minutes, said he had applied the discount. I went back online a few minutes later to check and he hadn't.

Then I went onto live chat (to get it all in writing) which was a complete waste of half an hour as she/he did not have a clue and finished by saying she would escalate it but it could take 14 working days for anybody to get back to me. I explained that was too late as it would have been despatched by then and so too late to cancel the order if Very refused to honour the discount. I said I wanted transferring to a supervisor. Not possible she said, I would have to phone up.

So I phoned Very again and asked to speak to a supervisor, the person I spoke to wouldn't do that unless I explained the problem, which I did - in great detail. She agreed I was due a discount but she couldn't apply it because the system wouldn't allow her to do it. She said she would escalate it and that someone would phone me within 5 working days to confirm what action had been taken. Why do these companies make everything such hard work. Anyway, watch this space...

Marcoos

Using the info a few days back in this very thread, I've just opened an account with Very and placed my first order: for the Switch + Zelda +1 2 Switch.

According to their website first order should get 20% off. Guess what? - it didn't work.

So I phoned and spoke to an advisor who, after 20 minutes, said he had applied the discount. I went back online a few minutes later to check and he hadn't.

Then I went onto live chat (to get it all in writing) which was a complete waste of half an hour as she/he did not have a clue and finished by saying she would escalate it but it could take 14 working days for anybody to get back to me. I explained that was too late as it would have been despatched by then and so too late to cancel the order if Very refused to honour the discount. I said I wanted transferring to a supervisor. Not possible she said, I would have to phone up.

So I phoned Very again and asked to speak to a supervisor, the person I spoke to wouldn't do that unless I explained the problem, which I did - in great detail. She agreed I was due a discount but she couldn't apply it because the system wouldn't allow her to do it. She said she would escalate it and that someone would phone me within 5 working days to confirm what action had been taken. Why do these companies make everything such hard work. Anyway, watch this space...

Very are a complete shower of shit, they get things wrong and then blame you for it. The customer advisers have zero customer focus and will gladly shout at you and put you on hold for lengthy periods in the hope you will hang up.

You won't get that call back from a supervisor.

Honestly, I'd pay extra and get it from someone else. Awful company.

Steph_E.

Very are a complete shower of shit, they get things wrong and then blame you for it. The customer advisers have zero customer focus and will gladly shout at you and put you on hold for lengthy periods in the hope you will hang up.

You won't get that call back from a supervisor.

Honestly, I'd pay extra and get it from someone else. Awful company.

They may well be, but with the discount I would effectively be getting Zelda and 12 Switch free, so will persist as much as I can.

You are certainly correct about hanging up, When I first asked to speak to a supervisor the first advisor hung up on me so I had to phone again.

Spades

Cross posting for reference:

For what it's worth, Amazon have put the digital version back in stock:

AlkNdxp.png

At £39.99.

So, if cancellations are going to happen, expect it soon.

cluderi

Lol, grats to everyone who got one.

I missed it by about 2 mins but I'll probably wait until it's £9.99 in stores and pick it up (I don't mind paying a bit but £35 is too much, got Nintendoland for £10 in a Game sale)

All my 1-2 Switch cash is going on Snipperclips which is the true "Switch Early Adopter" title :)

Bazry

I hope we find out soon as I have the physical version on pre order with them thanks to the £10 code so wouldn't want to cancel it if these get cancelled

mrklaw

MrArseFace
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

seriously though why, on one of the rare times I actually get in on a mis-price, does my order get cancelled when others have had much bigger pricing errors honoured?

Going to poke amazon CS, having a crappy afternoon at work so I'm in the mood

OCD Guy

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

seriously though why, on one of the rare times I actually get in on a mis-price, does my order get cancelled when others have had much bigger pricing errors honoured?

Yeah tell me about it, the one time I see an offer in time I don't get it.

When they're honoured is the times I see the offer too late lol.

To be honest I'd have probably played it once and then thought fuck it. I tend to play singleplayer more than anything.

Outrageous :p Microsoft gave me £8 for their pricing mistake with Fallout 4. Where's the money Amazon!

Get in touch with them, they will give you credit or the game for cheap if you complain.
1-2 switch for £2 if your willing to call them.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!
Do it, you will at the least get credit for your troubles. just don't let up!

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

It could be due to the nature of the product. The selling of download codes could be a revenue split deal and Nintendo might ask questions when they only start seeing a couple of pounds per sale, whereas if it were a physical unit that may have been bought wholesale and can be discounted at Amazon's discretion.

That's my guess anyway.

Get in touch with them, they will give you credit or the game for cheap if you complain.
1-2 switch for £2 if your willing to call them.

Haha I'm kidding man. If anyone gets anything out of them, fair enough, but in fairness it's a cheek getting it for £2 haha for me the game is nothing on Nintendo Land but people did work on it and deserve to get paid. Maybe they would give us £2 off pmsl

So what did the cancellation email say exactly?

Hello,

The price for `1-2 Switch [Switch Download Code]' (ASIN: B06WP39XBN) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order ORDER NUMBER REMOVED.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Conditions of Use and Sale (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1040616), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item, please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

Disappointing but not unexpected, just cancelled my Switch (and Mario Kart) pre-order as well, so I'm totally out now. Still looking to buy one perhaps in the Summer with Splatoon 2 or Christmas with Mario, hope everyone else enjoys it in the meantime.

Disappointing but not unexpected, just cancelled my Switch (and Mario Kart) pre-order as well, so I'm totally out now. Still looking to buy one perhaps in the Summer with Splatoon 2 or Christmas with Mario, hope everyone else enjoys it in the meantime.

For sure, I can't wait. So little to go! It'll be just as good come summer or winter though, maybe better being able to get a bundle of high profile games. I considered a summer approach but I figured £300 now and £200 over the next few months worked better than £500 in one go. Just a little easier to swallow.

MDave

I'm going to Manchester to try it out tomorrow, so I will let you all know if 1 2 Switch is worth more then £2 :p

Spoiler:
It most likely will if you like to have fun with others at the expense of your own dignity (milking cows, posing in copy dance etc) but that's what parties are about! But if you play games alone, then yeah don't get this.

Because you missed out on a game pricing error?

Not really, I mean I was already on the fence, the pricing error just put things into perspective. Anyway I don't want to be negative here, I mentioned I might cancel on the previous page, so thought I'd follow up and say that I did. It's a great piece of kit and look forward to buying it at a later date.

Mortifying Hahah. I took the credit from Ms for Fallout because they simply put it in my account, I could never ask though pmsl. Fair enough though, you ask, sometimes you get!

OCD Guy

Albo

Did you not apply the promo code at checkout and get confirmation of the discounted price? Assuming you're talking about the promo code "KPAJ9" which is 10% off on electricals btw.

It all depends on who you speak to - I ended up speaking to about 3 different people when I wanted them to add the £10 discount retrospectively to my Switch pre-order. Got there in the end, though.
Nice. What £10 discount though?
No to what? What did you ask them out of curiosity?
I just asked the guy if I could place a new order at £1.99 cus I saw it listed at the price earlier and he said no. Not really a big deal tbh, I'll just not get the game til it comes down a bit in price.

OCD Guy

I just asked the guy if I could place a new order at £1.99 cus I saw it listed at the price earlier and he said no. Not really a big deal tbh, I'll just not get the game til it comes down a bit in price.

Ah ok, well it doesn't look like you missed out as they're cancelling orders now anyway.

As you say though it will need to come down in price before considering a purchase.

Top Bottom