• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to release 10 Wii-games on Wii U eShop (Japan)

I recently bought Xenoblade for Wii, and I had the intention of ripping my disc to play it on Dolphin, but I only have a Wii U with me, and don't own any of the games to mod the vWii so that I can rip the disc.

I know Dolphin would be a much nicer experience, but the possibility of playing with the Gamepad (I don't have a Classic Controller, either) is kind of alluring . . .

Do you guys reckon I should buy it on Wii U or hold off until I can play it on Dolphin? It seems like a good deal?

TheMoon

Hoping for Excitebots in EU

I wonder why they haven't done these obvious cross-region (Zero 2 for NA, Excitebots for PAL, etc) candidates for already localized games or games w/o any language barrier. Trauma Team and Under the Knife 2 could finally land in PAL regions...

TheMoon

I recently bought Xenoblade for Wii, and I had the intention of ripping my disc to play it on Dolphin, but I only have a Wii U with me, and don't own any of the games to mod the vWii so that I can rip the disc.

I know Dolphin would be a much nicer experience, but the possibility of playing with the Gamepad (I don't have a Classic Controller, either) is kind of alluring . . .

Do you guys reckon I should buy it on Wii U or hold off until I can play it on Dolphin? It seems like a good deal?

Do you want to play it now pseudo-portable or do you want to wait for sharper graphics. That's the only question that matters^^

lol, nice try my friend but not quite

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sus

"sus
scandalous or doing something lame"

so shitlist vindicated is what you're telling me. :)

I wonder why they haven't done these obvious cross-region (Zero 2 for NA, Excitebots for PAL, etc) candidates for already localized games or games w/o any language barrier. Trauma Team and Under the Knife 2 could finally land in PAL regions...

Well, knowing Nintendo the problem is that they'd have to hack in the "THIS GAME NEEDS 60HZ" splash screens.

TheMoon

Sadly no. (Most of) Wii online was shut down two years ago when Gamespy finally shut down completely. It's just the games that didn't actually use WFC that work now.

Correct. All Wii online play functionality is dead (does not include the Wii Shop) except for games using dedicated servers like CoD or Goldeneye.

LewieP

They'd have to radically redesign the game if they did.

Yeah, I dunno why it is so common for people to ask for HD remasters of games that require a Wii Remote for systems that don't come with a Wii Remote.

They might do VC rereleases of stuff that requires a Wii Remote, but they won't do native Wii U remasters. I doubt they'll do them for NX unless the NX comes with a controller that has the same functionality as the Wii remote.

Sadly no. (Most of) Wii online was shut down two years ago when Gamespy finally shut down completely. It's just the games that didn't actually use WFC that work now.

Man I loved that game, all the glitches and exploits made any match exciting especially if your opponent knew some of the glitches too

bman94

suspicious. kind of a weird thing to attribute to people who like a game

I know it's probably a regional thing, but when people say "sus" I'm caught off guard. We say "spec" as in "susSPEC" and I always found it weird when people only said "sus" from "SUSspec". But I guess in your case it's a completely different word being referenced yet the same meaning.

I suspect Radiant dawn will be delayed until something exists to support GC virtual console because of the small interactivity between the two. Or they get a retail release as a single package or something.

Ah, didn't know there were functionality between the GameCube and Wii games.

I think that's up to those publishers sadly.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom would be GREAT cause I no longer have a copy...

I don't see why Capcom wouldn't be open to more virtual console releases. They got Resident Evil 4 on the virtual console and they got tons of Mega Man games on both of the eShop.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom will never happen for obvious licensing reasons. Just buy a disc copy. It's sub 20.

Guess I gotta look again. Last time I checked the copies were over $40+.

timberger

PZ2 on Wii was really shitty compared to the previous versions of the game, so it really sucks that the Wii version of it is the only one that's ever going to see release/re-release going forward.

Would love to be able to play it with the original (Superior) english dub restored at the very least.

When in doubt, just look at the box.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/933012-super-paper-mario/images/175574
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/933012-super-paper-mario/images/175894

But then why are you playing Skyward Sword in the first place. Find me a game that has been remade with a complete shift in focus. And I'm not talking about reboots. Besides, they wouldn't "remake" it anyway. Look at WWHD, TPHD. Skyward Sword just needs 1080p and an option to disable that atrocious HUD before you start the game and cut down the textboxes a bit. Turning the combat into "press A button to slash" does not work for this game. They'd need to come up with completely new enemy behavior, combat interactions, change a whole bunch of puzzles. You'd lose the whole thing that makes this game so cool.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And nothing needs fixing with the controls.

We cannot guarantee that the Wii Remote will be a thing a few consoles from now.

-shadow-

PZ2 on Wii was really shitty compared to the previous versions of the game, so it really sucks that the Wii version of it is the only one that's ever going to see release/re-release going forward.

Would love to be able to play it with the original (Superior) english dub restored at the very least.

While I strongly disagree on it being shitty and especially on the original (imo terrible) dub (not saying the UK dub is great, far from it, but I really find it better than the original). The original trilogy has been released on the PS3 in their original state as is. Tecmo still has full right to those games and can re-release them whenever they feel like it.

Peléo;210839154 said:
Did they say anything about online options? Mario Strikers Charged was amazing.

The game still runs through NWC which has been discontinued. So no online modes sadly unless Nintendo changes those values which I don't see them doing.

Top Bottom