• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo under shipment woes strikes again with Bayo 2.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I didn't pre order but managed to get the second to last copy. The counter lady told me that they shipped them quite a few but declined to tell me just how many copies they got. This was at a game stop btw

Probably quite a few for a Wii U release. I seriously doubt they got as many copies as something like Mordor.

rjc571

Banned
There were plenty of copies on the shelf in my Best Buy yesterday when I bought mine. Didn't realize it was in low supply.

Prestige Capo

Neo Member
The Walmart next to my house didn't even bother putting it on shelves, but Target had it. I got it there and there were several copies left.

Cheddahz

Banned
When I went to Gamestop yesterday to pick up my pre-order, the cashier had to go to the back to grab my copy (and the other copies the store got) and she only came out with three copies (one of those was mine, so the store only had two to sell). Retailers will demand a certain amount of copies based on pre-orders, so yeah

Went to my Wal-Mart today to pick up The Evil Within. They didn't even have a spot for the game when I checked the Wii U games. I at least expected to see an empty spot where it was but nothin'

sonto340

Yeah I went into GameStop yesterday and bought the last copy they ha . I'd say its a combination of Nintendo under shipping, and the game selling better than anticipated.
Either way this is a good thing for Nintendo and platinum. the game is great, they deserve it.

I'll never understand you anti preorder people. If you want something bad enough to drive around to multiple stores then just save yourself the headache. Either do it on amazon and it costs you nothing upfront or go to GS or whatever and put up the 5 bucks which you can always get back.

Chindogg

I'll never understand you anti preorder people. If you want something bad enough to drive around to multiple stores then just save yourself the headache. Either do it on amazon and it costs you nothing upfront or go to GS or whatever and put up the 5 bucks which you can always get back.

I agree the Gamestop-style requirements to preorder for bullshit DLC is a terrible practice, but there's really nothing wrong with hitting up Amazon if you want a game. Especially a niche game that's been reviewed and demoed several times over.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The entire point of the reserve system is that you are guaranteed the game as soon as it comes out. If you don't make a reservation you're saying you don't want that guarantee.

No, the whole point of the reservation system is to sell copies of a game before it ships, minimizing risk on the publisher's and retailer's sides. They make it LOOK like it's for your benefit by not shipping what would otherwise be a sensible amount of copies outside of preorders.

This is why I either order online at Amazon/Best Buy/Newegg or if I want it, ship to store to Best Buy when needed a physical copy. Otherwise just get it digitally and avoid incompetent retailers not distributing titles properly or displaying titles.

RGuO66Z.png

Stocked plenty in my neck of the woods, although the closest Best Buy to me is indeed sold out and is not on the list here.

I was going to order this from Amazon like pretty much every other game, but they fucked up my Smash Bros Friday release date delivery a few weeks ago. So I got to go into a retail store. Hurray.

Wal-mart's website said they had it, but there was no spot for it and it wasn't in the back. Great.

GameStop had it, but, when I was buying it, the clerk tried to get me to sign up for a GameStop themed credit card. What the hell? I know Amazon literally does the same thing at checkout, but it's a bit different when a person is giving you the hard sell when, shit, I just want to go home and play a video game.

This really has very little to do with shipments, but I feel like complaining. Glad to see I'm not alone.

No problem with my Amazon package. It was here yesterday when I got home from work. I never bother with going to stores to get games this day and age. Its either online or digital.

It should show up a lot more in stores next week on tuesday restock, probably if its not around your area it just means the stores didn't stock shelves, since many do media stocks now on tuesdays for all the movies/CDs/games that generally have release dates then.

Hyrule Warriors was sorta the same in my area, the week of release the shelves only had no or few copies but when I checked last week the two Best Buys I stopped at had 20+ copies each.

By the way starting sunday for 2 weeks Best Buy is going to let you buy a GCU membership for $30 (normally $100) with any game purchase of $40 or more. It gives you 20% discount on all games, applies immediately, and 10% extra on trades. So you'd get Bayonetta for $48. Well, well, well worth it if you buy more than 3 or 4 games a year, $12 savings per game.

Picked it up at Gamestop because I still had a giftcard. Just walked in without a preorder and received a nicely sealed copy. Though, it seems they only had four more left unreserved when I bought it and there looked to be about twenty or so copies in the drawer behind the counter. Guess I was pretty fortunate.

No problem with my Amazon package. It was here yesterday when I got home from work. I never bother with going to stores to get games this day and age. Its either online or digital.

How reliable has Amazon been with release day deliveries? It would be nice not to need to to go Gamestop any more.

K-A-Deman

Got mine at Best Buy roughly an hour after opening on Friday. They had two rows of about ten copies each on their shelves and the cashier mentioned seeing a few more in the back. Maybe it's a regional thing?

No, the whole point of the reservation system is to sell copies of a game before it ships, minimizing risk on the publisher's and retailer's sides. They make it LOOK like it's for your benefit by not shipping what would otherwise be a sensible amount of copies outside of preorders.

...except that the games aren't actually paid for until you pick them up. And exactly how is minimizing excess stock a bad thing in retail? You don't know what you're talking about.

First gamestop I went to said they were all out and called up another gamestop not too far down from there. They said they had one more copy and would hold it for me. So I went over and bought the game, afterwards the cashier said she sold me someone's preordered copy. If true, that was pretty shitty of her. But she added "make sure you fill out that survey for me for doing that." So she was probably lying.

I was going to order this from Amazon like pretty much every other game, but they fucked up my Smash Bros Friday release date delivery a few weeks ago. So I got to go into a retail store. Hurray.

Wal-mart's website said they had it, but there was no spot for it and it wasn't in the back. Great.

GameStop had it, but, when I was buying it, the clerk tried to get me to sign up for a GameStop themed credit card. What the hell? I know Amazon literally does the same thing at checkout, but it's a bit different when a person is giving you the hard sell when, shit, I just want to go home and play a video game.

This really has very little to do with shipments, but I feel like complaining. Glad to see I'm not alone.

That's the same deal at the Walmart I work at... with this and Fantasy Life, the system says we have it but we don't actually. (I crawled all over that back room and could not find it lol, found copies of "Freedom Wars", though.) I asked one of my coworkers who actually works in that department and he said we're probably not gonna actually have it til Oct. 28. :/ Seems to always be this way with Nintendo games (cept not Pokemon, here anyway)

Neo Dark

By the way starting sunday for 2 weeks Best Buy is going to let you buy a GCU membership for $30 (normally $100) with any game purchase of $40 or more. It gives you 20% discount on all games, applies immediately, and 10% extra on trades. So you'd get Bayonetta for $48. Well, well, well worth it if you buy more than 3 or 4 games a year, $12 savings per game.

I thought the GCU promotion was only for one week. Considering on picking up Bayonetta 2 with it though.

First gamestop I went to said they were all out and called up another gamestop not too far down from there. They said they had one more copy and would hold it for me. So I went over and bought the game, afterwards the cashier said she sold me someone's preordered copy. If true, that was pretty shitty of her. But she added "make sure you fill out that survey for me for doing that." So she was probably lying.

You should fill out the survey and say that she did that. Terrible service for the preorder customer.

I thought the GCU promotion was only for one week. Considering on picking up Bayonetta 2 with it though.

They extended it for the next ad, probably to entice CoD:AW buyers.

bumpkin

Stocked plenty in my neck of the woods, although the closest Best Buy to me is indeed sold out and is not on the list here.
I tried to find a copy at my local Best Buy but it was nowhere to be found. When I got home later I used that tool and it was listed as in stock. I'm guessing it was either in a really odd place or the staff neglected to put it out on the shelves for some reason.

I tried to find a copy at my local Best Buy but it was nowhere to be found. When I got home later I used that tool and it was listed as in stock. I'm guessing it was either in a really odd place or the staff neglected to put it out on the shelves for some reason.

They probably didn't put it out. Every Wii U preorder I've picked up at BB has come straight from the shipping container and the staff didn't know it was there till I asked.

Marcus

How reliable has Amazon been with release day deliveries? It would be nice not to need to to go Gamestop any more.

never had any problems with it. the games are delivered by the time i get home from work. its possible that this could depend on your location but im more than satisfied with the service

JKBii

That would only make sense if you had to pay full price for the game when you preordered it.

However, preorders are free and the publisher and retailer are taking a chance on whether you will actually pick up your preordered game.

entremet

Did you ask an associate? Usually when they forget to put them on the floor, they can tell by looking up stock.

Phionoxx

They probably didn't put it out. Every Wii U preorder I've picked up at BB has come straight from the shipping container and the staff didn't know it was there till I asked.

Same here. I went in to local best buy on Saturday to pick up Bayo 2, website says they have it in stock but it's nowhere to be found. Ask an employee to look it up, their inventory system shows they have 11 copies. He looks around and can't find it and ends up going to the warehouse portion of the store. It was still in shipping container, employees hadn't out it on shelves yet. Had that happen multiple times with this store in particular.

Top Bottom