• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo unveils calendar for the rest of the year (NA)

syoaran said:
Lots of bundle deals and a possible price slash on the Wii could see them though the winter until the 3DS, but looking at the list they really don't have any heavy hitters other than Epic Mickey coming out. I hope Disney really market that game out as much as possible to an audience other than the 3-6 age, because the game is starting to shape up really well.

Well, Kirby's not a big seller but Donkey Kong Country Returns is potentially big - catch the same audience who snapped up NSMBWii and target the same kind of people who made DKC such a hit in the West and it could be a real success. Not NSMB-big, but certainly substantial.

Wii Party should also be a big hit with the "expanded audience" if sales in Japan are any kind of indicator.

1GabUp

Strangely, happy that Golden Sun 3 will be released in 2011. This will give me time to perfect finish the second!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
syoaran said:
Lots of bundle deals and a possible price slash on the Wii could see them though the winter until the 3DS, but looking at the list they really don't have any heavy hitters other than Epic Mickey coming out. I hope Disney really market that game out as much as possible to an audience other than the 3-6 age, because the game is starting to shape up really well.

I don't really know how Epic Mickey could be considered a heavy hitter and DKCR/Kirby wouldn't be.

Stumpokapow said:
I don't really know how Epic Mickey could be considered a heavy hitter and DKCR/Kirby wouldn't be.
When has Kirby ever been a heavy hitter (in the US at least)? Seriously, I'm curious, have any of the games from that series ever taken off here?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
GitarooMan said:
When has Kirby ever been a heavy hitter (in the US at least)? Seriously, I'm curious, have any of the games from that series ever taken off here?
When was Mickey a heavy hit in US?

Celine

Stumpokapow said:
Metroid Other M - August 31
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Nov 21
Epic Mickey - Undated, "holiday season"
:D

EDIT:
No, Golden Sun suck but I doubt I will buy it in the end cause Dragon Quest already cover my RPG needs.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GitarooMan said:

ahahhaha really?

Kirby Superstar is over a million, Squeak Squad was over 500k when last we checked, Kirby Air Ride was at just under a million on the Gamecube, Kirby 64 broke 500k, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land was at a million on GBA, the other GBA Kirby stopped around two-thirds of a million.

I don't know what "heavy hitter" is supposed to cut off at, but this game will do a minimum of 750k and that'd put it above a lot of games I've heard people claim are "heavy hitters".

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Damn, Professor Layton as soon as Sept 12th? Three DS games I need to buy in like a one month block now (along with Super Scribblenauts and Etrian Odyssy 3)

markatisu

Chris1964 said:
When was Mickey a heavy hit in US?

Castle of illusion is the last one I can remember

It has been a long time :lol

But seriously with as much money, promotion, advertising and tie-ins Disney is going to throw at that game it almost cannot fail. Plus its Mickey Mouse!

Cygnus X-1

Segata Sanshiro said:
That is a terrrrrrrible DS lineup.

Not accidental. Because 3DS will likely come out before Christmas.

Shiggy said:
Why does America get Kirby this year...GRR ;D
Still, we get Last Window and Golden Sun in 2010^^

There is a reason even to this. 3DS will come out in EU probably only in 2011.

Anony

nothing for December?
all good games, but slim pickings if you ask me

cant believe kirby and DK is coming back so soon, probably because all the games news we hear are always YEARS away from release, nintendo is only months

Effect

Does Nintendo usually have a game release in the month of December? Or are their holiday games released in the few months before?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Effect said:
Does Nintendo usually have a game release in the month of December? Or are their holiday games released in the few months before?

Almost no one releases anything in December. Seriously. Last year it was The Saboteur and Guitar Hero Van Halen and that was it. Most years there are literally no non-licensed games released in December :p

ivykiwi2010-06-19-11.jpg

August 24 NA, "Fall 2010" EU

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jeez if Kirby isn't coming out here this year then we must be getting something else to fill the void... riight?

Haunted

Stumpokapow said:
For those too dense to read:

Wii Party - October 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn - October 17
NBA Jam - October 5
Professor Layton 3 - September 12
Those... are more must haves than I expected from the general mood around here, actually. I sometimes forget how down GAF can be on the platform. :lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Haunted said:
Those... are more must haves than I expected from the general mood around here, actually. I sometimes forget how down GAF can be on the platform. :lol
They are too busy sprinkling bags of dust on top of their console.

And even with all those games, the minute something cool is about to come out in the spring, two or three geniuses are gonna go "HURR DURR FINALLY SOMETHING ON WII I HAVEN'T DUSTED THAT OFF SINCE GALAXY 2"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
VOOK said:
Jeez if Kirby isn't coming out here this year then we must be getting something else to fill the void... riight?

:lol We are talking about the same Nintendo that released Super Star Ultra a year after the US, right? They might throw us PAL folks a bone here and there, but by and large they are just as inconsistent as ever. Just be happy we got Samurai Warriors 3 and Pikachu's Adventure early :lol

Damn, its starting to get annoying that Nintendo is holding back on letting the world know when the 3DS will release. For those of us that are on a budget (especially around the holiday season) it's nice to be able to plan and save for things that you want to buy for yourself.

Tenbatsu

Buying

TBC

Penguin

Stumpokapow said:
Almost no one releases anything in December. Seriously. Last year it was The Saboteur and Guitar Hero Van Halen and that was it. Most years there are literally no non-licensed games released in December :p

Well Smash Bros Melee and Spirit Tracks were both Dec titles, but yeah usually people want it out before black Friday and stuff.

Pyrokai

Really hoping they still plan on realeasing Xenoblade and Last Story next year. I will be so, so sad if they end up not coming out. But I'm expecting it.....

Otherwise, very few Q4s have ever looked so good :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
GitarooMan said:
Are you doubting the selling potential of Kirby D:

Hold up. Is this our first official confirmation of the title of the next BIT.TRIP? FATE? Can't wait to find out how it works!

Tenbatsu said:
Buying

TBC

Ditto. I was hoping for some DS love this Winter, but it looks like they are holding everything off from the 3DS. Oh well. Kinda mad I bought a DSi XL now.

BUYING:
Metroid Other M
Kirby's Epic Yarn
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
FlingSmash
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Sonic Colors
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Last Window (import from Europe)
Pokémon White (import from Japan)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

MAYBE:
Samurai Warriors 3
Epic Mickey
BIT.TRIP FATE
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Mario vs Donkey Kong

NOT BUYING:
Wii Party
Carnival Games
Just Dance 2
Goldeneye
NBA Jam
Rock Band 3
Super Scribblenauts (Sorry Slaczka!)
Art Academy
Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light
And Yet It Moves
Super Meat Boy
Need for Speed Nitro X

mmxzero

I wasn't aware Okamiden isn't coming out until next year. So with that and no Golden Sun, for me the DS lineup really took a hit.
The Wii is looking really good though, plenty of games I want to buy.

BikoBiko

Pretty solid line-up. They'll have to keep on pumping out pretty wide range of software to make up for the lack of 3rd party support though. So far so good, something for everyone.

Really weak holiday line-up for the Wii this year's Summer to December, even first party wise. I mean, I'll probably buy DKC R but it's no Super Mario Galaxy 2 :/

Top Bottom