• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Wii U currently at fourth (fifth?) dev kit?

TunaLover

It seems those dev kits are only related to Wii U comunication with the controller, not the hardware capabilities being improved.

wii u developed by a cat confirmed

NbewU.png

If we take on consideration that Wii graphical power was equivalent to 2 gamecubes duct taped together and WiiU is in its 5th devkit iteration the only reasonable conclusion is that WiiU is equivalent to 5 gamecubes taped together.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It seems those dev kits are only related to Wii U comunication with the controller, not the hardware capabilities being improved.
Nope. CAT-DEV is very likely to be the code name for the devkits.

TunaLover

Nope. CAT-DEV is very likely to be the code name for the devkits.

What I mean is those iterations could be related to controller comunication improvements (two controller support, more stability, etc), not graphical output power necessarily.

July definitely isn't the soonest either way. Nintendo wants to "re-reveal" the Wii U at E3 2012 and I really don't see them pulling a Saturn.

It is when considering they want to do the reveal first. And that is nowhere near Saturn.

If we take on consideration that Wii graphical power was equivalent to 2 gamecubes duct taped together and WiiU is in its 5th devkit iteration the only reasonable conclusion is that WiiU is equivalent to 5 gamecubes taped together.

Do people actually believe this? In my eyes it was more like an Xbox with two GCN disks duct taped together.

V2 and V4 have different amounts of ram. V2W and V4W are 3rd gen kits with updates but the same amounts of ram.

Now that is interesting, since Ilherre said before that the RAM quantity has not changed since E3 and that it had a minimum of 1GB... (1.5GB minimum now?)

Top Bottom