• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

Regulus Tera said:
So, what do we do now?

What do we do now Nintendo-GAF?

Oh.

Wait for BOMBS AM ZE DROPPIN on the 19th.

antonz said:
Do we know if there is any sort of stream for the 19th event or is it gonna just be waiting on sites to post info?>

Likely just live blogs with footage posted after.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Am I the only one who thinks we wont get a whole lot out of the Amsterdam event either? Price, date, launch games, etc. Some demos and stuff, etc.

I'm skeptical we'll get any new games though. The line-up of announced games is already fucking massive, and from everybody. At best I think we'll see some stuff from Ubisoft; footage of their Assassin's Creed 3DS game maybe, and an official announcement of that Rabbids game we now know about, but nothing new.

A lot of bombs have already been dropped.

Somnid

EatChildren said:
Am I the only one who thinks we wont get a whole lot out of the Amsterdam event either? Price, date, launch games, etc. Some demos and stuff, etc.

I'm skeptical we'll get any new games though. The line-up of announced games is already fucking massive, and from everybody. At best I think we'll see some stuff from Ubisoft; footage of their Assassin's Creed 3DS game maybe, and an official announcement of that Rabbids game we now know about, but nothing new.

Regional price and date is the only thing we'll get out of the upcoming events. The rest will be the same games, trailers and what-not from this event or previous ones.

It's weird. Even though yesterday and the day before gave us much more information on games, I feel like today was the best day, because of the presence of Kondo and Iwata.

Still kinda sad it's over. It was sort of like a festival of music, announcements, and getting hai. The 19th will be awesome, but it'll just be a boring press event.

EatChildren said:

It's an event in Amsterdam and New York at pretty much the same time.
We probably won't get moee on the games we saw here, but probably a lot of stuff about he 3DS itself n
The AR games, built in channels, the online store, ect.

Luigi87

Iwata was enough for me to tune in tonight.

I'm looking forward to the 19th, as I very much want to know the NA release date, price, and lineup...
Though if it is the same as the Japan lineup (save for Layton, which I doubt will be on the NA one...) then I'm fearful that there's nothing I'll want at launch >.<

Kard8p3

Somnid said:
Regional price and date is the only thing we'll get out of the upcoming events. The rest will be the same games, trailers and what-not from this event or previous ones.

There was an interview with reggie a few days ago where he said we'd get more new info than just a price and date. It was during a live cnet thing so I don't know if anyone posted that particular part anywhere.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
We'll see what the western developers have mainly at these other events. Games like Tom Clancy and what not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
We'll see what the western developers have mainly at these other events. Games like Tom Clancy and what not.

Finally my Mass Effect 3DS game will be revealed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Listening to the Koji Kondo encore again, I have to reconsider my thoughts on the Athletic NSMBW theme. It really is good, it just hasn't had good instrumentation before.

His mistakes are quite noticeable upon repeated hearing. He misses quite a few notes. Still awesome.

DeMatador

Neo Member
EatChildren said:

My thoughts exactly, though I hope it doesn't turn out that way. I want me some more Layton vs Phoenix and Paper Mario.

Still, can't wait for January 19th, even if it's just to know when I can sell my soul for an American 3DS.

Also what the hell was that Nintendogs thing. It was too much HAI, not enough cute virtual pets. At least there was Iwata and I couldn't care less about dogs, cats and whatnot. I just got lost in his hair.

antonz

Busaiku said:
Has it been stated what time it runs through?
The Europe invite said start time and the end time was simply left into the evening. NY event is happening super early so probably over by 4 or 5 pm latest as far as the hands on stuff for press goes

I think the US and Europe events are at the same time, i think at 9 am for New York which would be about 2 or 3 pm in Amsterdam.

Gotta have the bomb droppings happen at the same time :lol :lol

Kard8p3

One thing I hope for when it comes to playing online with the 3DS is that its compatible with WPA security settings. I haven't been able to use the DS because of this but since I can use the Wii I have hope that 3DS will support this.

dwu8991

Banned
Don't bet on it. You best just to get the nintendo wifi usb connection, that way you can play both the nintendo ds and wii online.

Kard8p3

dwu8991 said:
Don't bet on it. You best just to get the nintendo wifi usb connection, that way you can play both the nintendo ds and wii online.

Well at this point I have no real reason to play the DS online and the wii works just fine. I'm just hoping 3DS supports it.

ntropy said:
DSi supports WPA, but 3DS would not? ok...

I heard the DSi doesn't allow you to play games online using WPA but the online store and everything works fine. Can you confirm this?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Kard8p3 said:
Well at this point I have no real reason to play the DS online and the wii works just fine. I'm just hoping 3DS supports it.

I heard the DSi doesn't allow you to play games online using WPA but the online store and everything works fine. Can you confirm this?
It will, like DSi.

But you won't be able to play older DS games on WPA.

Edit: ah you edited.
Yeah DS games are wep only. WPA works for the store and online enabled DSi and DSiWare games.

Kard8p3

dallow_bg said:
It will, like DSi.

But you won't be able to play older DS games on WPA.

Well that won't bother me. I've gone this long without playing my DS games online and with all the 3DS games that seem to support online there will be no need to play DS games online anyway.

EatChildren said:

There will be at least one new game out of Amserdam/NYC. Thats what I've been told by PR peeps.

In terms of what the public will see out of the events depends on what you want to see. As far as I'm aware, we're allowed to film whatever the hell we want, and there should be plenty of units for everyone (and a free bar, which will be the end of us al that night)

Articalys

Missed a lot of this over the weekend -- is there a place to quickly overview any new developments or announcements from the event? Don't need the new media for known games at the moment.

Articalys said:
Missed a lot of this over the weekend -- is there a place to quickly overview any new developments or announcements from the event? Don't need the new media for known games at the moment.

There were no new announcements (next week), just hands-on time with games.

Kard8p3

Vinterbird said:
There will be at least one new game out of Amserdam/NYC. Thats what I've been told by PR peeps.

In terms of what the public will see out of the events depends on what you want to see. As far as I'm aware, we're allowed to film whatever the hell we want, and there should be plenty of units for everyone (and a free bar, which will be the end of us al that night)

Film everything

EatChildren

Vinterbird said:

Rayman maybe? The game hasn't been 'officially' announced yet, I guess?

Top Bottom