• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Xenoblade Chronicle 3 Direct Announced for June 22

I know right? I dont know why people pretending XC1 somehow was less "anime", Fiora is literately "childhood friend/crush" that bring lunch boxes for Shulk.

I LOVED both 1st and 2nd game to death but I so fucking sick of people bring "anime" BS argument against XC2 as if original game was not guilty of the same thing somehow.

You know what!? I give up! I'm soooooo done talking about "character designs" in every fucking Xeno thread.

In Direct we learned so many interesting mechanics and options and here we are still stuck talking about fucking cloths and how they are not "flashy" enough even tho in XC2 they complained the cloths its too fucking flashy.
giphy.gif
Well hey now. In my defense, I didn't just say that the clothes would be bad. I also said the dynamic resolution would be bad. Game looks like it will be amazing and I'm very excited!

What's interesting is that the class for Gray is Full Metal Jaguar, the same as Elma in Xenoblade X. His arts that shoot two floating cannon beside him is I think from Xenoblade X too.

One step closer to Xenoblade X on Switch
w6lCUJm.gif

Fiora also have something similar in her Machina form.
Yeah the dual guns, floaty canons shooting in that pattern and having the full metal jaguar class reminds me heaps of Elma and X, it looks so cool. Some of the environments give that vibe too.

But the most XCX like thing is the absurd level of class mixing and customization it looks like we'll have. We'll be able to make super powerful, fun crazy builds. Except in X, it was just your player character that could mix classes together, now everyone can do it!

My four day weekend request at work (July 29 to August 1st) was approved. Here we go!
When they said, "if you don't show up on Friday, don't bother coming in on Monday" I don't think you read the room correctly

NanaMiku

Well hey now. In my defense, I didn't just say that the clothes would be bad. I also said the dynamic resolution would be bad. Game looks like it will be amazing and I'm very excited!

Yeah the dual guns, floaty canons shooting in that pattern and having the full metal jaguar class reminds me heaps of Elma and X, it looks so cool. Some of the environments give that vibe too.

But the most XCX like thing is the absurd level of class mixing and customization it looks like we'll have. We'll be able to make super powerful, fun crazy builds. Except in X, it was just your player character that could mix classes together, now everyone can do it!

When they said, "if you don't show up on Friday, don't bother coming in on Monday" I don't think you read the room correctly
There quite few things from Xenoblade X, the navigation system is also from Xenoblade X. Can't wait for the absurd builds lol

Jsisto

Im a little hesitant to go too crazy experimenting with different builds in my first play through/before postgame. I feel like the characters deserve to be given a shot with their intended classes at first and then see where the game takes me. What are you guys thoughts?

NanaMiku

One thing that helps here is in XC3 you can now freely switch between characters in battle, this is something Xenobalade's combat system desperately needed.
Yup, I shout at Reyn many times because he didn't use Wild Down lol

Im a little hesitant to go too crazy experimenting with different builds in my first play through/before postgame. I feel like the characters deserve to be given a shot with their intended classes at first and then see where the game takes me. What are you guys thoughts?
At least I'm gonna try switching class. You don't really need to use/understand all the battle system. I think it'll be like the previous games, you can still beat the game without fully understanding the battle system.

I'm also gonna go crazy. Try to learn what's fun/broken and have 6 people doing it at once lol. When I meet a tyrant that is 10 levels above me I'll keep experimenting to try and beat him and if I can't then I'll go back to him when I'm the same level as him and keep experimenting to beat him then. I actually had a hard time keeping my level down in XC2. It's really fun to overkill bosses in long combos and that gives you loads of XP. I actually never used quest XP you get when you rest for the night to level up lol. They'll probably have a similar system in XC3 where u can level up while camping right?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just realized we still don't have confirmation if we can play with Japanese dubs and English text lol
We could in pervious games so I’m sure can in XC3 as well, the only question is will it be included in the game or do we need to download it separately?

I know right? I dont know why people pretending XC1 somehow was less "anime", Fiora is literately "childhood friend/crush" that bring lunch boxes for Shulk.

I LOVED both 1st and 2nd game to death but I so fucking sick of people bring "anime" BS argument against XC2 as if original game was not guilty of the same thing somehow.

You know what!? I give up! I'm soooooo done talking about "character designs" in every fucking Xeno thread.

In Direct we learned so many interesting mechanics and options and here we are still stuck talking about fucking cloths and how they are not "flashy" enough even tho in XC2 they complained the cloths its too fucking flashy.
giphy.gif
Oh please. There are different types of anime. Tons of them. Xeno series has in general felt like a cool sci-fi anime, or in Xenoblade 1's case a cool science fantasy one. What it was not was a generic trope filled mess that felt like the bad Shonen series of the week. Xeno 1 is FAAAAAR less peak Shonen than XC2 is, and that's not even debatable.

12 year old protag? Check.
Cute animal sidekick? Check.
Huge tittied mom stand in waifu? Check.
Tsundere waifu? Check.
2nd Tsundere waifu? Check.
Robomaid? Check.
And that was just through Chapter 4.

I love anime. Hell I have probably been into anime longer than most people who fucking played XC2 were alive. And XC2 is the worst of the tropes.

And had the navigation not been shit, the gacha system not existed, and the navigation and maps not been horrific where half of the time was figuring out which particular out of the way direction I had to go in order to make the next story segment... then I might have lived with it. But that was not to be.

And generally, I would not be so pissed had I not been so psyched to finally play Xenoblade 2, instead, I got Tales of Xenoblade, and not one of the good Tales games.

Oh please. There are different types of anime. Tons of them. Xeno series has in general felt like a cool sci-fi anime, or in Xenoblade 1's case a cool science fantasy one. What it was not was a generic trope filled mess that felt like the bad Shonen series of the week. Xeno 1 is FAAAAAR less peak Shonen than XC2 is, and that's not even debatable.

Tsundere waifu? Check.
Robomaid? Check.

I love anime. Hell I have probably been into anime longer than most people who fucking played XC2 were alive. And XC2 is the worst of the tropes.

And had the navigation not been shit, the gacha system not existed, and the navigation and maps not been horrific where half of the time was figuring out which particular out of the way direction I had to go in order to make the next story segment... then I might have lived with it. But that was not to be.

And generally, I would not be so pissed had I not been so psyched to finally play Xenoblade 2, instead, I got Tales of Xenoblade, and not one of the good Tales games.

sKko195.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Tsundere waifu? Check.
Robomaid? Check.

Like I said above, I'm done with this whole argument. if you are that disturb by "too much anime" stop playing XC2 and skip XC3.

NanaMiku

We could in pervious games so I’m sure can in XC3 as well, the only question is will it be included in the game or do we need to download it separately?
Yeah it's true, I'm just not really confident since the track record is pretty wobbly. Xenoblade X only have English dub and Xenoblade 2 have different SKU for Japan and English (and Japanese dub only released as free DLC)
Xenoblade 3 is only 1 SKU for different region, but I'm kinda worried that it's only have one option for voice and text. So to use Japanese dub, you have to use Japanese text, like Smash Ultimate.

EDIT: Just checked the European site, confirmed Japanese and English VO
438894e143.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom