• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendolife: Neko Entertainment's "Kung Fu Rabbit" out mid-April on Wii U eShop

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Lock if old.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/kung_fu_rabbit_comes_out_kicking_on_wii_u_eshop

Neko Entertainment was an early supporter of the Wii U eShop with European launch title Puddle, and shortly after release it hinted that more titles would be on the way to the platform in the near future. We can now exclusively reveal Neko's second game on the download service: Kung Fu Rabbit will be coming to the Wii U eShop very soon.

As the titular Kung Fu Rabbit, you're hopping mad and on a mission to rescue your bunny disciples, who have been snatched from your temple by Universal Evil. It'll take all your slick moves, sneaky skills and martial arts training to save the youngsters before they're cooked up for Evil's lunch.

The 2D platformer, originally developed by Cazap and Ctools, was released on iOS and Android last year by publisher Bulkypix. Itching to play a version with more accurate, non-touch controls, Neko has taken the game and built a Wii U version that's optimised for the console. Players will be able to take the fight to Universal Evil using either a Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote or Classic Controller.

Trailer for the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQLvyNpuINY&feature=player_embedded

It's not the same, but the style vaguely reminds me of Ying Yang Yo.

255px-Yin-Yang-%26-Yo.png

The geometric shapes, the floating ears, subject matter and all.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's definitely worth the small price, I only completed 9 stages but it's enough to praise this 2D platform goodness. It's floaty but you can double jump on walls, slide on them and eventually be creative with your jumps (ie to reach viciously placed carrots/bonus), which is very satisfying.

Nice realization, humor and Off TV seal the deal.

zroid

Banned
Looks pretty good, but I have to wonder, do ultra-generic game titles like this actually push sales? Maybe I'm not the target demographic, but when I see "Kung Fu Rabbit" I instantly think cheap iOS trash. I guess luckily for them I'm not quite that shallow and can look past a title.

Zomba13

So I bought this and played a bunch. It's like a slower paced, floatier, easier Super Meat Boy with more collectables in the level (3 carrots and one gold one instead of just one bandage). I quite like it though I feel without the Carrot Juice power up equipped you move too slow (I think the default speed and jump should be as it is with it).
The sound effect of the black goo pits can be a bit obnoxious but it's fun. 20 levels per world, 3 worlds and 1 bonus world with harder levels. There are achievement type things too and a few power ups and items you can unlock that change your abilities.

I'm a quarter or so through world 2 and enjoying it. Just come across the first gold carrot I'm having trouble getting. I think this game would also be a good fit on the 3DS.

Top Bottom