• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

secretly awesome eShop platformer KUNG FU RABBIT $2.50 starting today (Wii U, 3DS)

ohlawd

I find it funny to see so many people praising the game on the Wii U when the game was released for the Vita last year without any phanfare.
too much junk on PSN. everything gets released on there. good and the bad

eShop's been pretty good with getting flooded by the good stuff.

VanWinkle

Love this game. Easily worth the $2.50. I bought it on Wii U when it first released (also have it on Vita), and it was well worth the regular price.

I find it funny to see so many people praising the game on the Wii U when the game was released for the Vita last year without any phanfare.

There's not that many. It's mainly the OP. I had praised the game for a little while when it came out on Vita. There's just too many good games on the Vita store that it's harder to get people interested in one specific small game.

Thats probably because more people have a wii u or a 3ds than a vita.

lol, there are more Vitas than Wii U, and probably more native digital games than both of them combined. Besides, he could be saying it from the perspective of the VitaGAF community which has always been one of the fastest-moving platform threads (at least until it was merged into the PSN thread). I just couldn't get a lot of people to get Kung Fu Rabbit even though I personally loved it and hyped it on the VitaGAF threads.

too much junk on PSN. everything gets released on there. good and the bad

eShop's been pretty good with getting flooded by the good stuff.

That's not true at all. Both Vita store and eShop have their shares of duds, and plenty of great games (moreso on Vita).

maxcriden

There's not that many. It's mainly the OP. I had praised the game for a little while when it came out on Vita. There's just too many good games on the Vita store that it's harder to get people interested in one specific small game.

It is definitely mainly me on the Wii U front. I'll gladly cop to that. (I'm also glad to hear you were praising the game when it came out for Vita.)

VLiberty

Heads up guys: the NA PSN version is on sale for the same price, and I guess/hope there will be one as well tomorrow on the euro PSN. Will get it

edit: either way, I'm short of two cents. Fuck

Shizuka

Bought it last night, got 100% today. It's a very nice game indeed for the price they're charging. I just wish the damn character wasn't so floaty and slippery.

maxcriden

Bought it last night, got 100% today. It's a very nice game indeed for the price they're charging. I just wish the damn character wasn't so floaty and slippery.

Wow, 100% already. Nice. Personally I can see how the slipperiness of the titular KFR would be a turn-off, but I really like it. Kudos on the 100%!

Jhoan

Bought this game last week and played a few beginning levels. It's meant to be played in short bursts.

It's solid but I agree with the complaint about controls feeling too slippery/floaty. It almost feels like I'm playing with Luigi. It's definitely no Mario or Super Meat Boy in terms of tight, responsive precise controls but at that price, who can complain?

VLiberty

Got it today. For 2.50€ I can't complain, it's a solid platformer. It's not even that easy.

Is there a way to combine power ups? Otherwise I'll just stick with carrot juice(which makes the game far more enjoyable for me)

maxcriden

Got it today. For 2.50€ I can't complain, it's a solid platformer. It's not even that easy.

Is there a way to combine power ups? Otherwise I'll just stick with carrot juice(which makes the game far more enjoyable for me)

I haven't tried out the power-ups but I don't think you can combine them.

Top Bottom