• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

Boney

Banned
Chris1964 said:
You have bad memory.
How about you help jog the memory then.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Also Super Mario, Capcom's Sound Adventure game, Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove, Reel Fishing 3D, Inazuma Eleven Go, Azito 3D, Dream Trigger 3D, Mario & Sonic 2012 and probably some others.
what are these?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Some Japanese I remember

Super Mario
Beyond the Labyrinth
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3
Hostess Club 3DS
Inazuma Eleven Go
Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney
Time Travellers
Senran Kagura
Dream Trigger 3D
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Devil Survivor: Over Clock
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Chris1964 said:
You have bad memory.
While he slightly short changes the system, if we remove titles that are ports or only exist as titles, this is the current line-up of notable 3DS third party Japanese titles:

-Beyond The Labyrinth
-Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime 3
-Resident Evil: Revelations
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
-Dead Or Alive: Dimensions
-Kingdom Hearts: Dream, Drop, Distance
-Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
-Time Travelers
-Inazuma Eleven Go
-Mega Man Legends 3
-Kagura

I think this is every notable one, though if you disagree or I missed anything, please feel free to correct me. I am admittedly excluding stuff like Pichilemon Idol Debut and Magic Pen, but I don't think anyone is really looking forward to those.

Edit:

If we're counting Nintendo, then yes, there are a lot more notable ones.

Nirolak said:
While he slightly short changes the system, if we remove titles that are ports or only exist as titles, this is the current line-up of notable 3DS third party Japanese titles:

-Beyond The Labyrinth
-Time Travelers
-Inazuma Eleven Go
-Mega Man Legends 3
-Kagura

I think this is every notable one, though if you disagree or I missed anything, please feel free to correct me. I am admittedly excluding stuff like Pichilemon Idol Debut and Magic Pen, but I don't think anyone is really looking forward to those.

PJQMC.jpg

nice boots
I just wanted an excuse to post this again :p

Takao

Banned
From The Dust said:
here's one: it ain't coming. there is no source. it's just not fucking coming

Uh, no it exists. Rocket Company announced the game, and the official Medarot blog said the same.

Nirolak said:

-Beyond The Labyrinth
-Time Travelers
-Inazuma Eleven Go
-Mega Man Legends 3
-Kagura

Edit:

If we're counting Nintendo, then yes, there are a lot more notable ones.
you missed harvest moon you bishhh :( Unless you mean actually shown rather than just announced.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nirolak said:
While he slightly short changes the system, if we remove titles that are ports or only exist as titles, this is the current line-up of notable 3DS third party Japanese titles
The argument is nothing was announced for 3DS after September.

Takao said:
Uh, no it exists. Rocket Company announced the game, and the official Medarot blog said the same.

not what I meant. it ain't coming to the west. no Medabots game has been published since the series stopped airing

Takao

Banned
From The Dust said:
not what I meant. it ain't coming to the west. no Medabots game has been published since the series stopped airing

I'm well aware of that. I've made threads, bugged publishers, and done just about everything I can to the point where I'll be importing Medarot DS in a few weeks. I'm just hoping by the time Medarot 3D comes out there will be some way to get past the silly region-locks.

Platy

Nirolak said:
-Beyond The Labyrinth
-Time Travelers
-Inazuma Eleven Go
-Mega Man Legends 3
-Kagura
-Bit.Trip Saga

Fixed

I don't care if it is a port or a compilatotion or whatever ... this game deserves to be there !

m.i.s.

Banned
THQ cancels Saints Row 3DS (and no reason given either)

The once much discussed 3DS debut for gangsta series Saints Row has been cancelled.

THQ confirmed the news to Joystiq, saying: "We are not developing Saints Row: Drive By." No reasons were given for the decision.

The news will also be a big blow for Nintendo. It was reported last June that the platform holder had pushed THQ to make the title as it was keen to try and shake the kid-orientated reputation that surrounds its portable machines.

“Nintendo really wants to launch with a very balanced portfolio. They really don’t want it to feel like a kiddie platform. They were very clear: they really wanted Saints Row on it," THQ's core games boss Danny Bilson said at the time.

“I believe it will do great, especially if Nintendo is going to go mature and really do a big mature campaign on it. It’s a killer game.”

m.i.s.

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I think the reasons are obvious:

1. THQs recent financial performance
2. Very poor 3DS software sales

In times of crisis or recovery, probably the last thing THQ need is to sink their resources on an unproven platform. I think most keen observers guessed that Western 3rd party support would be poor to middling anyway. Looks like its all up to Nintendo and Capcom to shore up the initial 3DS retail releases.

radioheadrule83 said:
I don't really think this is a 3DS issue, as its been shit-canned on the home console digital distribution systems as well.
It probably wasn't anything special in the first place.

Now THQ can focus on developing their multitude of shovelware handheld titles to help them through these trying times.

Opus Angelorum said:
I think the reasons are obvious:

1. THQs recent financial performance
2. Very poor 3DS software sales
Poor sales? It's already got at least one million seller, probably more by now. If any sales are poor it's due to the quality of the game being poor, something Saint's Row probably would've surpassed.

I don't know why you specified software, poor hardware sales are more likely to be the problem, though honestly they're not that bad either.

EDIT: And yeah, not making it for the other consoles as well definitely shows it has nothing to do with the 3DS's performance.

Amir0x said:
hahahaha

remember when I said it wasn't coming and nobody believed me?

Don't get it twisted: Saints Row 3DS was not an example of THQ 'trying'. It was an embarrassing port of an XBLA afterthought title. So, either way they weren't trying.
But it was supposed to be a beacon of hope for promising western support for the 3DS! :(
lolz.

Hopefully people realise now that Western support for the 3DS is going to be just as bad as it was for the NDS and adjust their expectations accordingly.

A Link to the Snitch said:
It's a damn shame that we won't see another game like GTACW for 3DS.
That was truly a great game. Not just 'for DS' but a rich, fun GTA experience. Too bad it tanked though. Can't see Rockstar making the same effort this go round.

Amir0x

Banned
Well, it just requires 3DS to be successful to the fullest DS-like extent and NGP to fail.

Either way, no matter the platform, this is always going to be the maximum extent of Western Support. To Western devs, they ARE trying - or at least, it's not in their DNA to give a shit about handhelds and this is the support you should get with their 'big' franchises.

Sidenote: FUCK Chinatown Wars. Lame touch gimmicks every five seconds just to pick a car open. Non-touch screen version ftw.

It was a great game in-spite of those. :p But there were still a few cool touch screen functions in some of the mission designs, I thought.

Amir0x said:
Lame touch gimmicks every five seconds just to pick a car open. Non-touch screen version ftw.

The non-touch screen version is similarly full of button and stick QTEs, but fair enough if you like that sort of thing.

Nirolak said:

If Dead or alive counts, then I think Class of Heroes 3d and Chocobo racing 3d counts.

Also Multi-platform so it will sell nothing but : unchained blades rexx.

Door2Dawn

Banned
I said it beofre and I'll say it again. Once the NGP comes out all western devs will flock to that system. Power is everything to them.

[Nintex]

Door2Dawn said:
I said it beofre and I'll say it again. Once the NGP comes out all western devs will flock to that system. Power is everything to them.
uuh no on the portable side of things they'll go with the smartphones, easy money. NGP might get some more ports than 3DS so "yay"... I guess.

wsippel

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Still less powerful than a home console, might as well ignore that one, too. Which is exactly what they'll do. It's a handheld, western devs won't give a shit.

heringer

Amir0x said:
Sidenote: FUCK Chinatown Wars. Lame touch gimmicks every five seconds just to pick a car open. Non-touch screen version ftw.
I liked the gimmicks. :)

Game is awesome. Best handheld GTA, imo.

I think I might buy the iOS version...

wsippel said:
Still less powerful than a home console, might as well ignore that one, too. Which is exactly what they'll do. It's a handheld, western devs won't give a shit.

I do think NGP will get dudebro ego shooters though, thanks to the second stick. Even if they're only ports and in house Sony stuff.

Whether that is an advantage in the handheld space remains to be seen.

I'm still not sure if Sony understands what kind of handheld software really works. PSP had plenty of great games, but not the kind of stuff that I actually wanted to play on a train or on the crapper. It was all stuff I would rather be playing on a big TV. That ball rolling thing looks like maybe the most casual, handheld-friendly thing in their lineup. Maybe Hot-Shots Golf too...

Saying that, 3DS isn't any better at that at the moment either. Rehashes and ports. I hope E3 has a real deluge of interesting software for both platforms.

heringer

With UE3 I'm sure NGP will get a port of pretty much every multiplatform game that uses the engine (well, maybe not every title, but most of them).

Wheter this is a good or a bad thing is up to debate.

heringer said:
I liked the gimmicks. :)

Game is awesome. Best handheld GTA, imo.

I think I might buy the iOS version...
Much as I love Chinatown Wars, I thought the iOS version's controls made it near unplayable.

heringer said:
With UE3 I'm sure NGP will get a port of pretty much every multiplatform game that uses the engine (well, maybe not every title, but most of them).

Wheter this is a good or a bad thing is up to debate.

Ports aren't a bad thing, provided that (a) they're actually competent and well optimized for NGP; (b) publishers don't try to charge $60 for them; and (c) that they don't dominate release lists to a degree that NGP acquires a reputation as a port machine.

I'm skeptical as to whether any of these criteria will be met, but we'll see.

herod

Door2Dawn said:

No, I think they'll just stay on the PS360. Just like now.

2 Game Boy titles were rated by the ESRB:

Fortified Zone

Platform: Nintendo 3DS

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Mild Violence

Rating summary:
This an action game in which players assume the role of mercenaries who must infiltrate an enemy base. From a top-down perspective, players navigate through maze-like environments and fire pellet-like projectiles at enemy troops and vehicles; enemies disappear in miniature explosions when defeated.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31059

Avenging Spirit

Platform: Nintendo 3DS

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Mild Violence

Rating summary:
This is an action game in which players assume the role of a ghost that must rescue his kidnapped girlfriend. Players run and jump through side-scrolling levels and fire small weapons (e.g., bombs, rockets, guns) at robots and gangsters; enemies disappear in brief clouds of smoke. In the opening sequence, a gangster is depicted firing a gun at an off-screen target (e.g., 'Bang!'/'They got me.').
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31058

Top Bottom