• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

CPCunha

Ive got a puny account so i cant start a thread...but someone should star a "Nintendo 3DS update : Hopes vs. Reality" thread....

...mas i wish they release more 3ds panels and stages for the Mii plaza minigames...

<3

CPCunha said:
Ive got a puny account so i cant start a thread...but someone should star a "Nintendo 3DS update : Hopes vs. Reality" thread....

...mas i wish they release more 3ds panels and stages for the Mii plaza minigames...

<3
Paid DLC. Nintendo's reign of horse armor begins

[Nintex]

From The Dust said:
I would say it's not very high. The portables rarely, if ever, get the same thing as the consoles
I'd say quite high actually, if the 3DS version was different(totally downgraded version) than they would've ported that to Wii as well.

[Nintex] said:
I'd say quite high actually, if the 3DS version was different(totally downgraded version) than they would've ported that to Wii as well.
Past examples don't leave me to believe that. It's most likely a Colors senario as stated above

kinggroin

Banned
EatChildren said:
Still a bit skeptical Snake Eater will amount to much, but reconfirmation it's planned for this year is encouraging. I look forward to seeing it at E3.

I really, really hope E3 isn't a goddamn port fest though. Snake Eater is nice, but I want new games.

I'm right there with you. The hardware should allow for some potentially awesome games, let's hope we see them at e3

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
New RE: Mercenaries screens.
http://www.wiitalia.it/2011/05/10/resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-screenshots/

There's a new character too- a japanese woman cosplaying as rebecca.

MeEDu.jpg

Captain N said:
LEGO is pretty much my favorite LEGO game to date. Dream Trigger 3D is awesome! Any questions? Ask away!

I played Dream Trigger for a little bit, and I completely don't get it. Are you supposed to tap the enemies or just around them to make them appear?

LEGO Pirates is pretty awesome so far.

Captain N

DrAndonuts said:
I played Dream Trigger for a little bit, and I completely don't get it. Are you supposed to tap the enemies or just around them to make them appear?

LEGO Pirates is pretty awesome so far.

Thats exactly what you need to do. I can already tell I want the analog stick on the right side. Left handed gamers unite!

http://3dsconnect.com/2011/05/14/interview-with-dan-oleary-of-n-space/

Are you developing a game for the Nintendo 3DS as of now? Or are you still throwing around ideas?

We currently have three 3DS titles in development, one for 2011 and two for early 2012. All of them will be announced at or before E3 early next month. We’re very excited to share them with the world and hope that many of your readers will look forward to their release.

watershed

Banned
AceBandage said:

The whole interview was pretty good. Its too bad 3rd parties are as in the dark regarding the eshop and spotpass as we are though. It seems Nintendo is still not communicating with devs enough, or at least prior to launch. I'm sure n-space is developing a CoD for the 3ds but I wonder how they will handle the controls? I was never a fan of the touchscreen as the 2nd analog unless N-space is gonna include a thumbstrap w the game. Also 4 face buttons for movement sucks.

XPE

It will be interesting to see how N-space handle the step up in power with the 3DS, will they be able to fully utilise it in the time they are normally given to make a game.

AceBandage said:
I think that Tuesday is when they'll fully lay out their plans for the eShop and SpotPass.

The 3DS dev conference? The itinerary posted online certainly suggests that local and online connectivity will be the focus there.

Borman

Whats the consensus on the battery packs that are out? Ive got a blue system, but Ill suck it up and buy a black pack if I have to. I actually want the added bulkiness at this point.

Jackano

So, the japanese official page for Kid Icarus is opened (nothing to see yet) - Searched for an appropriate thread, seems to be a good one and not a big bump here.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/index.html

While seeing the timeframe for OoT 3D and Starfox websites openings, plus thinking at the fact that Nintendo wanted to hold one release a month after launch, this could possibly means that Kid Icarus is the next release, after OoT-June and Starfox-July.

So an August release for Japan is likely but, because this game is highly anticipated, I am thinking they want to communicate sooner on it.
So my bet -> September release in Japan, a few weeks later anywhere else.

Edit: Terrible typos and english mumbo-jumbo.

rpmurphy

Shin'en interested in bringing Jett Rocket to the 3DS:
In your opinion, which former game deserves a sequel or remake on the 3DS?

I myself would really like to send „Jett Rocket“ on a new adventure on the 3DS. Apart from that I would like to see a new „Metroid“. Maybe a mix of „Metroid Prime and „Metroid Fusion“, that would be nice.

On time for the E3 the eShop is finally going to start. Don't you think, this could be an appropriate platform for the return of „Jett Rocket“?

Yes, we do think so, too. If there is enough feedback from our fans, we will definitely be ready for it. The planning is actually running since we have finished „Jett Rocket“ for WiiWare.
http://3ds.nintendo-online.de/artik...agt-bei-bei-den-entwicklern-von-nano-assault/

--------

Developers of Trailblazer (iPhone) has the game running on the 3DS, according to an interview in Retro Gamer:
http://www.gamesasylum.com/2011/05/25/trailblazer-set-to-blaze-3ds/

Captain N

Are we still using this thread to talk about all 2011 3DS titles? I only ask because i just got a copy of Green Lantern and wanna talk about it. Well worth it!

Takao

Banned
Captain N said:
Are we still using this thread to talk about all 2011 3DS titles? I only ask because i just got a copy of Green Lantern and wanna talk about it. Well worth it!

Green Lantern isn't trash?!

Tucah

you speak so well
Captain N said:

Wait, it's not awful? I'd love to have a decent Green Lantern game.

Captain N

Takao said:
Green Lantern isn't trash?!

Tucah said:
Wait, it's not awful? I'd love to have a decent Green Lantern game.

GameE said:

I couldn't believe it either! It's made by Griponite which has done a good job with DS titles in the past. Don't get me wrong here..the game isn't a 10, but at the same time it certainly isn't a 4.5 like ign would have you believe.

It feels a bit like Mega Man and sort of like Metroid if that makes any sense. it's 3:15 in the morning and I need to get some sleep. ask any questions you have about the game and I will answer them all first thing.

Kerrby

Banned
Looking at the OP, there's a LOT of TBA's :lol. You'd think Nintendo would have more than 20 games out for this thing 5 months after it's release.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The Green Lantern game is just like the Spiderman DS games and whatever other licensed games Griptonite released for DS - simple, mashy metroidvania-style games that lots of people give pass-marks to simply because they're metroidvanias. I mean, sure, compared to the usual movie tie-in dreck they're pretty good, but not good enough in their own right to bother with.

Captain N

Kerrby said:
Looking at the OP, there's a LOT of TBA's :lol. You'd think Nintendo would have more than 20 games out for this thing 5 months after it's release.

So far there are around 34 3DS titles on the market.

Kerrby

Banned
Captain N said:
So far there are around 34 3DS titles on the market.

Yeah still not good enough, I checked EB in Australia and they only have 22 3DS games.

Ah well, bring on the Mario games.

Captain N

Kerrby said:
Yeah still not good enough, I checked EB in Australia and they only have 22 3DS games.

Ah well, bring on the Mario games.

yeah and I agree with you that we need more GOOD titles coming to the 3DS. This is pretty much where the DS was heading at this point in its life cycle I believe. They had Nintendogs and was just starting to get going. It probably won't pick up for the 3DS until Mario Kart hits this Holiday season.

@MUWANdo said:
The Green Lantern game is just like the Spiderman DS games and whatever other licensed games Griptonite released for DS - simple, mashy metroidvania-style games that lots of people give pass-marks to simply because they're metroidvanias. I mean, sure, compared to the usual movie tie-in dreck they're pretty good, but not good enough in their own right to bother with.

I can't say I agree with you that it only gets a pass mark because its metroidvania. It is a pretty good game and well worth picking it up if you can find it at a fair price.

Axkil aka StabMasterArson said:
Barf...for that micheal jackson game

I thought the DS game was an okay EBA/Ouendan-style game that lacked a little of the depth available in those titles and featured a tracklist that was a tad short.

Don't really like the look of the 3DS one, though. I thought the cartoony style of the DS game worked well.

Captain N

I am also looking forward to Thor which will be hitting the 3DS 2 days after Star Fox 64 3D. Wayforward did a good job with Thor on the 2DS and I hope they make good use of 3D.

Kerrby said:
And no more DJ Hero 3D or Saints Row Drive By. The 3DS is dead to me, dead, you hear me?!

Box of Bunnies said:
I thought the DS game was an okay EBA/Ouendan-style game that lacked a little of the depth available in those titles and featured a tracklist that was a tad short.

Don't really like the look of the 3DS one, though. I thought the cartoony style of the DS game worked well.

I love your avatar. Just thought you should know.

Sorry for my absence, I was banned for a while. I added a few dates to the first post, but I know I'm missing so many games and dates now.

I'm also recruiting for my website, I'm desperate.

Kerrby

Banned
Neuromancer said:
And no more DJ Hero 3D or Saints Row Drive By. The 3DS is dead to me, dead, you hear me?!

Are you serious? Both those games were cancelled :O?

MidnightScott said:
Sorry for my absence, I was banned for a while. I added a few dates to the first post, but I know I'm missing so many games and dates now.

I'm also recruiting for my website, I'm desperate.

What's your website?

Kerrby said:
What's your website?

It's in the first post. It's a blog, but I can't be here all day to update it since I have a job. Need reviewers, etc. A Japanese translator would be an awesome person to have since I don't know Japanese. :c

Hopefully we'll start getting more release dates soon enough. .-.;

Just to see if maybe my memory was different than reality, I checked a list of games released in 2005 for the DS (the first year of it, I believe). It sucked just as much as the 3DS release has so far, but at least it looks like we're slated to get a lot of nintendo games this Holiday season.

PigSpeakers said:
Just to see if maybe my memory was different than reality, I checked a list of games released in 2005 for the DS (the first year of it, I believe). It sucked just as much as the 3DS release has so far, but at least it looks like we're slated to get a lot of nintendo games this Holiday season.

Thank god Nintendo decided to push for Mario Kart & Kid Icarus this year. And even Super Mario. Plus we have a few 3rd party games coming our way.

Top Bottom