• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

GeekyDad

Well, hate to admit it, but I'm probably gonna go ahead and buy Mercenaries. Never finished RE5, and it's been years since I played Mercenaries from 4, so I think the content will feel fairly fresh. Honestly, the game looks fun, and regardless of Capcom's shenanigans, it's probably one of the best things out there for the very lean 3DS library. I'd love to stick to my principles, but fuck it...

XSEED Games Twitter said:
Marketing vs. Localization Fight! (won't say which belongs to which side) - Which sounds better:"3D Audio" or "Simulated Surround Sound"? Vote!

Is XSEED Games bringing over Capcom's 3D sound adventure game "Nazo Waku Yakata"?

I FREAKING HOPE SO! HOLY SHIT DO IT XSEED, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

BY2K

Membero Americo
MidnightScott said:
Is XSEED Games bringing over Capcom's 3D sound adventure game "Nazo Waku Yakata"?

I FREAKING HOPE SO! HOLY SHIT DO IT XSEED, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

And then Capcom cancels the game.

BY2K said:
And then Capcom cancels the game.

LOL, it's so close to coming out in Japan. August 4th I believe? They just released a new trailer for it recently too. I was going to import it anyway but if I can play it in English, all the better!

GeekyDad

MidnightScott said:
LOL, it's so close to coming out in Japan. August 4th I believe? They just released a new trailer for it recently too. I was going to import it anyway but if I can play it in English, all the better!
Wish this thing wasn't region locked. There are a few games I'd like to import. Hope that's an issue that's resolved later down the road.

GeekyDad said:
Wish this thing wasn't region locked. There are a few games I'd like to import. Hope that's an issue that's resolved later down the road.
Well the price of the 3DS is being cut all over the world, so that should make importing one much cheaper. :)

Now I just gotta wait until August 12th for the pricecut and hopefully Play-Asia drops the price. I want that Red 3DS bad!

Captain N

The first screen shots of Thor 3DS & Captain America are both on the eShop under new games. NOT A FAN! They aren't the DS versions with 3D. instead they are 3D gameplay and look like down ports of the Wii versions... ew.

Ulchie

Banned
MidnightScott said:
Well the price of the 3DS is being cut all over the world, so that should make importing one much cheaper. :)

Now I just gotta wait until August 12th for the pricecut and hopefully Play-Asia drops the price. I want that Red 3DS bad!
That's ridiculous though. Shouldn't have to import another 3DS just to experience games that won't get localized. If anything, they should make games that aren't localized in a non-region locked format if possible.

Captain N

Ulchie said:
That's ridiculous though. Shouldn't have to import another 3DS just to experience games that won't get localized. If anything, they should make games that aren't localized in a non-region locked format if possible.

I don't think anyone tried any games yet, but pretty sure none of them are region free so far. sadly.. :/

GeekyDad

Captain N said:
The first screen shots of Thor 3DS & Captain America are both on the eShop under new games. NOT A FAN! They aren't the DS versions with 3D. instead they are 3D gameplay and look like down ports of the Wii versions... ew.

Well, believe it or not, that's probably an improvement over the DS version. Played through it on DS for review, and though the sprite work is everything you'd want from a Wayforward game, the game itself is a boring, one-trick pony. They took repetitiveness to a new extreme.

Captain N

GeekyDad said:
Well, believe it or not, that's probably an improvement over the DS version. Played through it on DS for review, and though the sprite work is everything you'd want from a Wayforward game, the game itself is a boring, one-trick pony. They took repetitiveness to a new extreme.

I played though Thor as well and thought it was pretty good. Not a fan of the console game. I was just hoping to see how it would look in 3D. Now i played though the PS3 version of Captain America and hope the 3DS version is close to that.

How many games on the 3DS can be played co-op? Can any be played with one cart?

My kid wants one and I'm toying with the idea of getting my own if we can play co-op games. Love the Lego games but the way they split the screen gives me motion sickness, each person having their own screen seems perfect

Edit: Some googling says that neither 3DS Lego game has co-op? Oh wow...

Thats complete bullshit. Oh well

HamPster PamPster said:
How many games on the 3DS can be played co-op? Can any be played with one cart?

My kid wants one and I'm toying with the idea of getting my own if we can play co-op games. Love the Lego games but the way they split the screen gives me motion sickness, each person having their own screen seems perfect
On Giant Bomb they said Star Fox will be able to play local multiplayer, with just one cart. Maybe Kart as well?

MidnightScott said:
I wish Capcom would make a new Phoenix Wright game on 3DS... :(
They should throw the Phoenix Wright trilogy on a single DS card as a Collection. Then get to work on GS5 (wasn't this announced for DS, where'd it go?).

Captain N

Sadist said:
:p I have no interest in a Transformers game in which you can't transform.

Saw Zavvi having a deal on SSF IV 3D for like € 16

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: DEVIL SURVIVOR OVERCLOCKED is coming at the end of the month here in the States and that's the first game i am actually looking forward to in a while.

Sadist

European here :(

Hope Nintendo of Europe will continue their streak of badassery and localize that game like they did for Etrian Odyssey. Guess not :( Oh well, there is always Devil Survivor 2 next year which will be region free.

Takao

Banned
what is this:

Medaup_00190.jpg

130499750113.jpg

It's fake.

Takao

Banned
Oh, I meant that in a "WHAT IS THIS DOING HERE" manner, haha. That's actually a photoshop of Medabots DS onto a picture of the 3DS. I certainly hope Medabots 3D looks better than that.

Truth101

Banned
Takao said:
Oh, I meant that in a "WHAT IS THIS DOING HERE" manner, haha. That's actually a photoshop of Medabots DS onto a picture of the 3DS. I certainly hope Medabots 3D looks better than that.
medabots on the gameboy advance was some fun stuff.

Thoraxes

lunchwithyuzo said:
They should throw the Phoenix Wright trilogy on a single DS card as a Collection. Then get to work on GS5 (wasn't this announced for DS, where'd it go?).
That was a very long time ago, and knowing Capcom it's probably canned.

However, Layton x Wright does well enough, i'd be willing to bet Capcom may reconsider, though I think ultimately it will be up to Takumi.

antonz

See Activision skipping COD this year for 3DS is why EA would be smart to do BF3 on it. COD has consistently moved about a million units on the DS each year. Skipping the 3DS was retarded and EA could get a jump on the future as far as FPS games go by getting BF3 there

fernoca

antonz said:
See Activision skipping COD this year for 3DS is why EA would be smart to do BF3 on it. COD has consistently moved about a million units on the DS each year. Skipping the 3DS was retarded and EA could get a jump on the future as far as FPS games go by getting BF3 there
IF they make a decent game at least.

antonz said:

Why would EA try to make anything worthwhile on a handheld system? It's not like they did on DS.

fernoca

PigSpeakers said:
Why would EA try to make anything worthwhile on a handheld system? It's not like they did on DS.
There's that too; though they made Henry Hatsworth. So that was more than great with me. At least a Henry Hatsworth 3D Adventure. :p

O2ySL.jpg

fernoca said:
There's that too; though they made Henry Hatsworth. So that was more than great with me. At least a Henry Hatsworth 3D Adventure. :p

O2ySL.jpg

Six years of shovelware and Sims spinoffs. WHY AREN'T OUR GAMES SELLING?!

and a handful of good games

rpmurphy

Moodkip said:
Hope this is the right place to ask this. Can the 3DS connect to the internet with one of these things?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00333AWTA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
No matter how strong the signal I can't ever connect to anything for internet access (I've tried hotspots as well). So I was considering getting one of these.
You might want to first look into troubleshooting and configuring your current router though if you haven't tried already.

Top Bottom