• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

Reclaimer

http://kotaku.com/5819349/the-3ds-game-i-didnt-know-i-wanted-pac+man-plain-old-pac+man

This Kotaku article on the new Pac Man 3DS game got me hyped for it. I previously thought it was only shitty "re-envisioned" versions... But...
It's set as if it is in an arcade cabinet. The 3D effect, when activated on the 3DS for this game, pushes the game's graphics beneath the "glass" of the arcade cabinet. The borders of the image stay on the surface level. The effect mimics the experience of looking at an actual arcade machine, where the game action occurs on a monitor that is receded from the glass and plastic shell of the arcade cabinet.

I was able to see something that made me feel like I was physically observing an arcade machine. That's not a perk I expected to get from the 3DS. It's cool. Plus, Dimensions has that copy of Championship Edition on it.

OkToBeHyped.jpeg?

Kerrby

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
They never existed.

shyamalan.jpg

At least it was true for Saints Row.

After searching hard, the only thing I could find was a picture and then saying it was cancelled. NOOOOOO! Where's my games for this thing D: Cancelled, that's where.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
some am I right in thinking that nothing much is coming out for the 3DS for a while now?
UK at least.

anyone know when MGS 3 is coming out?

kinda bummed me out the other day walking into gamestation seeing all the pre-orders for games that wont be coming out until 2012. (they taking pre-orders Revelations)

edit:
seen star fox 64 is Sept 9 ordered on Amazon

Mafro

jufonuk said:
some am I right in thinking that nothing much is coming out for the 3DS for a while now?
UK at least.

kinda bummed me out the other day walking into gamestation seeing all the pre-orders for games that wont be coming out until 2012. (they taking pre-orders Revelations)
Yeah I think the next big game for us is Starfox in September.

Kerrby

Banned
jufonuk said:
UK at least.

There's still a good number of games coming out, although most are moving to 2012 now :/.

Roughly:
Star Fox in September
MGS3 sometime this year
Mario Kart in October
Super Mario in December

2012:
Kid Icarus
Paper Mario
Luigis Mansion 2
Revelations

I think the problem is there's nothing out at the moment (well even the rest of the year looks scarce from that list). There's always the Ubisoft games like Imagine Baby 3D if you're interested in that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mafro said:
Yeah I think the next big game for us is Starfox in September.

well still got Resi Mercs and Zelda to complete still, hope the line up pics up soon, don't want to wait until 2012 for everything :(

why no blazeblu for EU?

I don't want to sound like a whinger, I am more than happy with the 3DS just the line up is lacking I could swear the DS had a more robust line up first year.

Mario Kart is cool, can't wait for that.. really looking forward to Mario 3DS :D

Gravijah

jufonuk said:
well still got Resi Mercs and Zelda to complete still, hope the line up pics up soon, don't want to wait until 2012 for everything :(

why no blazeblu for EU?

I don't want to sound like a whinger, I am more than happy with the 3DS just the line up is lacking I could swear the DS had a more robust line up first year.

Mario Kart is cool, can't wait for that.. really looking forward to Mario 3DS :D

It's not whining. There just isn't much out there right now.

sphinx

the piano man
I am absolutely pissed that we still haven't got anything regarding castlevania on 3DS or Vita or anything.

That I am pissed doesn't warrant a new thread so I am posting here to say a big FUCK YOU to konami for not making it happen.

FUCK YOU, Konami.

ShineALight said:
At least now we have the e-Shop so our hopes of having something decent to play can be dashed on a more or less weekly basis.

just wish nintendo would stop the drip by drip policy they use when it comes to Virtual Console releases.

Also when the hell will NES/SNES games be released?

GeekyDad

kobashi100 said:
just wish nintendo would stop the drip by drip policy they use when it comes to Virtual Console releases.

Agreed. I've read people argue, "Well, if they give us all the good stuff at once...yada, yada, yada," but this is the time to be putting out all the good VC, while things are bone dry on the retail front. Naming Zelda and a handful of decent retail products is hardly proof of a robust library. It's perfectly reasonable that the 3DS library is sparse. It's ridiculous, however, for Nintendo to hold back when it comes to their legacy library. Put them shits out there, fuck!

Captain N

Now im 5 hours into Green Lantern and not even half way through it. If your looking for a game you might wanna look into getting this.

Also make sure to check out Thor when it hits in September.

sphinx said:
I am absolutely pissed that we still haven't got anything regarding castlevania on 3DS or Vita or anything.

That I am pissed doesn't warrant a new thread so I am posting here to say a big FUCK YOU to konami for not making it happen.

FUCK YOU, Konami.

I was so desperate for a Castlevania experience I bought Soul of Darkness by Gameloft on the E-Shop when it launched.

heringer

JacksUsername said:
I was so desperate for a Castlevania experience I bought Soul of Darkness by Gameloft on the E-Shop when it launched.
It's actually pretty decent, I thought. A little on the short side though.

Captain N

sphinx said:

FUCK YOU, Konami.

Well when did Castlevania HD come out? Its still coming out on PSN soon so they could be busy working on that. I am hoping 2012 will be the break out year for 3DS. Mario Kart will probably help it big time.

heringer said:
It's actually pretty decent, I thought. A little on the short side though.

It's decent in the way that most Gameloft games are - it's functional and emulates the look of the original pretty well, but the game itself is short (like you said), linear (the only reason to go back to a previous area is to farm crystals or search for life/magic extensions that can be obtained at any time), there are only two weapons, and the morphing to creatures feature can only be used in predetermined spots. That said, it's not a bad game - it's just a bland imitation that doesn't capture what makes the side-scrolling (whether they be classic or Metroidvania entries) Castlevania games truly fun.

m.i.s.

Banned
PigSpeakers said:
Just to see if maybe my memory was different than reality, I checked a list of games released in 2005 for the DS (the first year of it, I believe). It sucked just as much as the 3DS release has so far, but at least it looks like we're slated to get a lot of nintendo games this Holiday season.

That doesn't really mitigate the 3DS software situation any less.

DS, at that time, was a comparatively unproven concept in gaming and many of the initial titles were experimental and threadbare because of that. Nevertheless, inidivduals enjoyed the fresh tactile nature of touch screen applied to gaming.

In contrast, 3DS builds on touch screen, cameras, internet download features of its predecessors. It also comes to market with a vastly inflated price in both system and games.

Captain N

Did anyone get Reel Fishing Paradise 3D?

M.I.S. said:
That doesn't really mitigate the 3DS software situation any less.

DS, at that time, was a comparatively unproven concept in gaming and many of the initial titles were experimental and threadbare because of that. Nevertheless, inidivduals enjoyed the fresh tactile nature of touch screen applied to gaming.

In contrast, 3DS builds on touch screen, cameras, internet download features of its predecessors. It also comes to market with a vastly inflated price in both system and games.

I'll agree about the games being a little pricey and the system would probably be doing better at 199.99. I believe just about every system has a first year like this..well some better than others, but still not much different.

Javier said:
Wasn't Kid Icarus slated for "later this year" at E3? When was it moved to 2012?

European sites say it is bumped for 2012. But that might just be in Europe. Nothing is official until Nintendo states it is. And we are already 10 days into Q3 without a list of games coming out from Nintendo. >_>

Captain N

Neuromancer said:
No but I'm curious about it. I like fishing games in theory, if nothing else.

Hey how and when did you get juniored? =\

i created the thread about what launch title games everyone got for 3DS and didn't keep the OP updated. I think that might be why.

I would love to support Natsume and fishing in 3D could be pretty interesting.

Captain N said:
i created the thread about what launch title games everyone got for 3DS and didn't keep the OP updated. I think that might be why.

I would love to support Natsume and fishing in 3D could be pretty interesting.
Bummer.

Nintendo Power gave it a 6/10 is all I know about it.

GeekyDad

Captain N said:
Did anyone get Reel Fishing Paradise 3D?

Not to insult a possible, real interest in these sorts of games, but would you truly be interested in something like this if the pickings weren't so slim?

It's pretty bad when you're expressing curiosity about Reel Fishing and Green Lantern. Granted, Griptonite did a respectable job with Web of Shadows DS, but they've recycled that formula now a ridiculous number of times, most of which have been hatchet jobs. And Reel Fishing...really?

Bottom 'o the barrel. Don't forget the Petz game, now. Could be a winner. :p

I want to keep playing my 3DS as much as the next guy, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Captain N

GeekyDad said:
Not to insult a possible, real interest in these sorts of games, but would you truly be interested in something like this if the pickings weren't so slim?

It's pretty bad when you're expressing curiosity about Reel Fishing and Green Lantern. Granted, Griptonite did a respectable job with Web of Shadows DS, but they've recycled that formula now a ridiculous number of times, most of which have been hatchet jobs. And Reel Fishing...really?

Bottom 'o the barrel. Don't forget the Petz game, now. Could be a winner. :p

I want to keep playing my 3DS as much as the next guy, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

No worries. I normally wouldn't be into the idea of a fishing game, but this is usually the time in a systems life fishing games hit. I love me some Natsume and want to see how it looks in 3D. I didn't play web of Shadows so its nice to play Green Lantern and I have enjoyed playing it this whole time.

I won't be getting Petz Fantasy...yet.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do Pac-Man, Ce (bummer it doesn't include DX tho) Galaga and Legions (wow, Legions on the go, awesome) have online leaderboards?
I will bite if so!

Captain N

Dash Kappei said:
Do Pac-Man, Ce (bummer it doesn't include DX tho) Galaga and Legions (wow, Legions on the go, awesome) have online leaderboards?
I will bite if so!

Yes, it has Online Leaderboards! welcome back!

kobashi100 said:
Probably never. For the Virtual Console Nintendo announced Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Sega Game Gear, and Turbografx-16. And I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually started releasing GBA games.

Now, we *will* be getting "3D Classics" for other systems, and in fact already got one (Excitebike).

Huh, surprising. If true, I'm sure it'd just be a low-budget spinoff, but I hadn't expected that EA would bring any of its core console IPs to the system.

Top Bottom