• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

kodt

Banned
Boney said:
That's pretty cool. But no awesome song in it means that they're gonna have to make the game good this time.

what? They are removing the theme song?

Also, you didn't think MGS3 was good?

ryan-ts

Boney said:
That's pretty cool. But no awesome song in it means that they're gonna have to make the game good this time.

Where do I find this terrible information?

Am I still in a dream....snake eater?

ShockingAlberto said:
Ideally that is this November.

Wasn't Reveleations moved to 2012?

ace3skoot said:
Id say Paper mario has no chance of 2011 release

and i'm pretty sure RE:R is confirmed for next year now, sooo unlucky :p

He's talking about Super Mario 3DS, which is coming this year.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still a bit skeptical Snake Eater will amount to much, but reconfirmation it's planned for this year is encouraging. I look forward to seeing it at E3.

I really, really hope E3 isn't a goddamn port fest though. Snake Eater is nice, but I want new games.

Boney

Banned
kodt said:
what? They are removing the theme song?

Also, you didn't think MGS3 was good?
Well he hasn't been putting the song since the whole plagiarism ordeal, not refering to Snake Eater, but to uh that other song.

And don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed MGS3 all the times I've played it (over 10), but the game does have pretty glaring issues, which can't be fixed with just a Subsistance release. They make it better with a good camara and some good all round camos which means you don't have to be constantly changing camos.

PW got rid of crawling, so that's a great first step.

And the best MGS is 2 ;)

Boney said:
Well he hasn't been putting the song since the whole plagiarism ordeal, not refering to Snake Eater, but to uh that other song.
Ohh, I'd forgotten that was used in 3.
A real time survival screen could fix a few things, if that's the idea.

What is the official release date for RE:Mercs in Europe? I'm getting June 17th from some places and August 26th from others... Has it been moved back like Revelations?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I think MGS 3D could really be special providing they get the controls right.

Having the bottom screen take care of the pesky inventory management and medical windows would improve the flow of the game by a lot.

Fusebox

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Much as I love Chinatown Wars, I thought the iOS version's controls made it near unplayable.

The iPad version controlled great when I changed control scheme from arrows to stick. I enjoyed it way more than on my DS.

Aru said:
Does not compute.
8ing only makes good games when Capcom produces the games.

last I checked, the Clash of Ninja games were at least decent

I want to see an Ultimate Ninja Storm style game (I just want that cel shading in 3D)

Cwarrior said:
This could be a new low in controls for the mgs serise.

It might be Peace Walker controls, depending if they want a camera like that.
But either way you can get rid of that silly dpad stalking and replace it with a crouch walk, they were just finding excuses to use up all the buttons.
If you want to be able to aim a gun while standing on tip toes and then lean slightly to the left, they could use the motion sensors!

Can anyone explain how Nintendo's charging for the eShop stuff? They said the current point cards are a no-go IIRC. It's not strictly credit cards now is it? :/

Oli

Hero of Legend said:
Can anyone explain how Nintendo's charging for the eShop stuff? They said the current point cards are a no-go IIRC. It's not strictly credit cards now is it? :/

I believe Best Buy was listing a "Cash Card". So you can still buy cards in stores apparently.

Takao

Banned
From The Dust said:
last I checked, the Clash of Ninja games were at least decent

I want to see an Ultimate Ninja Storm style game (I just want that cel shading in 3D)

You're not going to get a true Ultimate Ninja game because Scamco only had Naruto rights for Sony, and Microsoft platforms. Though I guess Takara Tomy could hire CC2 to make a game for them...

Takao said:
You're not going to get a true Ultimate Ninja game because Scamco only had Naruto rights for Sony, and Microsoft platforms. Though I guess Takara Tomy could hire CC2 to make a game for them...

fuck. maybe they can get CC to make a different Naruto game. or a new IP :O

yea, I'm getting ahead of myself

Ah, okay. Thanks. :)

I find this a strange thing to do though, unless there's a compatibility issue since the 3DS doesn't use NWC? Otherwise they should've just simply added eShop support for the cards.

That or it's another way they're trying to start fresh I suppose?

Hero of Legend said:
That or it's another way they're trying to start fresh I suppose?

with the launch of the 3DS, they seem to be abandoning the whole "Nintendo Wifi Connection." at this point, it's a tainted name. however, I do feel they should have a general name for their online service. E-Shop is rather mediocre though

From The Dust said:
with the launch of the 3DS, they seem to be abandoning the whole "Nintendo Wifi Connection." at this point, it's a tainted name. however, I do feel they should have a general name for their online service. E-Shop is rather mediocre though
Not any worse than XBL marketplace or PSN Store, or even i Store for that matter.

Why can't they call it spectacular fancy online super shopping place?

Truth101

Banned
rpmurphy said:
Recent scan of Gamestop's release lists show the game appearing on the handheld. I forget which thread it was posted in.

Actually now that you mention it, I do remember reading that in some thread.

XPE

What are the chance of sonic Generations on the 3DS being the same game as the console version and not just built from the ground up sonic game like colours and unleashed on the DS

XPE said:
What are the chance of sonic Generations on the 3DS being the same game as the console version and not just built from the ground up sonic game like colours and unleashed on the DS
I would say it's not very high. The portables rarely, if ever, get the same thing as the consoles

Top Bottom