• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
But that's not enough. One website that happened to be right once or twice before isn't a confirmation it's a real hybrid. For all we know, it could be a click bait article. Let's reserve judgement until Nintendo ACTUALLY shows us what NX is.

But Eurogamer and DigitalFoundry is pretty much as legit as it gets. I don't really know anyone in the digital gaming outlet sphere that has a better standing. There's also talk beforehand that it was a controlled leak.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I have seen no indications of a news conference taking place, and a briefing for July 28 has not been announced. Next earnings release/IR event, the Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing is tentatively scheduled for late October.

Keep it plugged into the dock then.

That doesn't suddenly make it a console. Being a handheld-fist comes with design considerations (power, heat, and battery life, mainly) that wouldn't be an issue if it were a console. We'll see what the dock can provide, though.

Banned
Miyamoto: Wii U was too expensive, we want something more affordable on the market this time

Kimishima: our next console will be profitable from d1, won't be sold at a loss

Iwata: NX isn't a hybrid, by integrating platforms we are referring to a shared architecture. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase because it will be easier to make a game for more platforms that share the same architecture, they will be like brothers in a family of systems

Reggie: NX is a home console

Aonuma: i'm more invested in the NX development compared to the Wii U. I also don't like the idea of a secondary screen in a home console because it breaks the immersion, that's why i removed gamepad functionalities from our new cross gen Zelda title

AMD: we have more semi custom wins for more upcoming consoles

Nvidia: ...

Emily Rogers: NX is an expensive hybrid made by Nvidia

Gaf: this thing really is a hybrid, isn't it
Lol. What a ride.

Jubenhimer

But Eurogamer and DigitalFoundry is pretty much as legit as it gets. I don't really know anyone in the digital gaming outlet sphere that has a better standing. There's also talk beforehand that it was a controlled leak.
Well we'll just have to wait and see.

Yup. Even with the fake controller news, Eurogamer was relatively cautious and didn't try to spin it like they knew it was totally legit ("our sources say...") when they didn't.

Having worked for Eurogamer in the past, I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't run a story of this nature without getting it verified first. This wasn't something that emerged overnight, it's likely it's been bubbling behind the scenes for longer and they were waiting for more reliable sources before breaking the news.

JB2448

All this is reminding me of is the Emily Rogers and Eurogamer reports of Mother 3 in English out this year. Of course there are still four months left in the year, but optimism can only sustain for so long. I'm going to remain skeptical of this NX information until September when we're purportedly receiving info from Nintendo about the thing.

AdanVC

All this is reminding me of is the Emily Rogers and Eurogamer reports of Mother 3 in English out this year. Of course there are still four months left in the year, but optimism can only sustain for so long. I'm going to remain skeptical of this NX information until September when we're purportedly receiving info from Nintendo about the thing.

This. Nintendo needs to hurry the hell up and reveal this thing. It's affecting them on everything, especially on sales. Less and less people are buying their current systems because they all just waiting for NX to see if it's worth it. It would be nice if they released worthy games on their current systems to ease the wait for NX but we are not even getting that! Not on Wii U at least.

Kurt

Reggie said the NX is a console. What else needs to be said? Why would I believe eurogamer and Emily over Reggie?

Well it's both so Reggie didn't lie

You know the question is : why didn't they created a portable wii u.
It has already a library.

I still think that the hybrid thing is only a small part of what the nx is.
There is more to it.

wrowa

Reggie said the NX is a console. What else needs to be said? Why would I believe eurogamer and Emily over Reggie?

Nintendo will call the NX a hybrid platform that is both a console and a handheld. With that in mind, Reggie isn't contradicting what Eurogamer has said about the NX.

JB2448

Since this is a fiscal year thread, the supplementary information document's product launch schedule should be fair game:
nHRzbnS.png
EPD is definitely in NX mode, if anyone had any doubt.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Reggie also said that the reactions to Nintendo's E3 2015 were great, Reggie usually say whatever the PR message of the company is at that point. For sure NX will be promoted as both console and handheld or as a console that you can take with you and continue playing the same games, so Reggie is quite within the message there.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Will there be anymore "leaks" this week?

Good cuz that initial volley just wasnt enough

Just to be clear, I believe that Emily Rogers never said there would necessarily be more this week. But she did say that we should see more over the coming weeks. Seems like lips are getting looser. Plus, LCGeek mentioned a new devkit update coming in August, so maybe the expectation is that as NX material and info proliferates among various partners behind the scenes to prepare for launch, we should see more and more information.

Controlled leak? I hadn't heard about this. Where does this thinking come from?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just to be clear, I believe that Emily Rogers never said there would necessarily be more this week. But she did say that we should see more over the coming weeks. Seems like lips are getting looser. Plus, LCGeek mentioned a new devkit update coming in August, so maybe the expectation is that as NX material and info proliferates among various partners behind the scenes to prepare for launch, we should see more and more information.

Controlled leak? I hadn't heard about this. Where does this thinking come from?

Going by what Shocking Alberto reported from his sources back in the PM he sent to maxcriden, I suppose the other reason we could get more in the upcoming weeks is due to retailers starting getting infos on the console.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Going by what Shocking Alberto reported from his sources back in the PM he sent to maxcriden, I suppose the other reason we could get more in the upcoming weeks is due to retailers starting getting infos on the console.

Oooh, then I am perched for an OsirisBlack leak. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom