• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIOH (Koei Tecmo) reconfirmed for PS4 (2016, Team Ninja, Dark Sengoku Action RPG)

Xater

looked great, can't wait (for it not to release over here)

KT is very good about bringing out stuff in the west. They are probably faster and more consistent than anyone except Nintendo. This will definitely get a localization.

Guymelef

Is that a relative of Blockhead from Okami?

NioHblockhead.gif

I think so.
Seems like a Nurikabe, part of Japanese folklore.

cireza

This game probably seals it. I have to buy a PS4.

Love KT and Team Ninja.

I was also hoping some awesomeness from Sega after Nagoshi's teasing, but I guess Sega Japan is forever stuck with the Yakuza franchise.

Nordicus

I don't see the Onimusha resemblance much to be honest. Aesthetically, sure, it's a fantasy samurai dude, but gameplay wise it looks very different, closer to Souls
that's a good thing, I don't want tank controls xD
but with modern action game "finishers".
The character was basically performing Block Issens and Strafe Issens.

Vex_

Banned
When people say "souls" I believe they mean bloodborne as far as the pacing of the combat. Also, little things like how that one enemy came out of nowhere swinging wildly and breaking shit in the process? That always happens in a souls game.

Revan

Looks amazeballs.....but after seeing that all it does it really make me want a new Ninja Gaiden title for this gen....sigh.

Will get either way tho.

duckroll

When people say "souls" I believe they mean bloodborne as far as the pacing of the combat. Also, little things like how that one enemy came out of nowhere swinging wildly and breaking shit in the process? That always happens in a souls game.

I think when people say Souls they just mean an oppressive feeling dark fantasy world where there are creepy monsters, lots of atmosphere, tough melee combat with lots of death, and character building rpg elements.

Velikost

Glad to see the Onimusha comparisons were already made. That trailer looks awesome; I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game

injurai

Banned
It's Japanese Geralt!

This looks really cool. I'm liking the Onimusha comparisons. I was getting more of a Toukiden vibe myself.

Top Bottom