• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIOH (Koei Tecmo) reconfirmed for PS4 (2016, Team Ninja, Dark Sengoku Action RPG)

Santar

This looked very interesting!
A Souls inspired game with Oni and samurais? Sign me up.
I just really hope it comes to PC too!
There's hope since it's Tecmo Koei right?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Official scans preview from Famitsu

55f7c196a8fc3jtuwj.jpg

55f7c19b8518d8uujt.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The gameplay really reminded me of NG along with the especially finishers there so not too surprising that Team Ninja is doing it! Looking forward to seeing more.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Game appears to have stances, two or three. Should be interesting.

sublimit

Banned
I really want this to be a success just to shit on Capcom's face for neglecting Onimusha for so long.

Also i really don't see any Souls influence in terms of combat.It looks like it has more in common with Witcher 3's combat IMO.Although hopefully it will be much better and "deeper" than that.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/

According to the keywords in the source code of the official site, the genre of the game is "Dark Sengoku Action RPG", so yeah, Souls seems like a good indication of what they're going for here.

I think this is good news. The combat already looks pretty different, and the presentation is more Ninja Scroll rather than say Bloodborne's rather unique approach. What I am hoping for here is more traditional story content.

duckroll

Fixed up the title again and added the trailer to the OP. Wanted to throw in "Onimusha Souls", but there wasn't any space. :(

MrDoctor

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

MY DICK IS THROUGH THE ROOF AND TRANSCENDING JUPITER

this is EXACTLY what i've wanted from Glorious Nippon

the graphics are actually GOOD and not a vita port

it's like the demon's souls reveal again

どもありがとです

edit: also want to say i love seeing a dev show up capcpom yet again

Dinda

Looks great!

Would like to have Character Creation if it is really "Souls like", but i guess that will not happen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So yeah. Game was obviously in development hell and basically canned, and has now been revived with heavy influence from Souls, of which maybe gave the overall structure and design a bit more focus.

Could be cool.

Zyrox

Looks really cool. "Dark Sengoku Action RPG" also has a nice ring to it.
Featuring Geralt from The Witcher™ series?

Lord Phol

Oh man I love Onimusha and Dark Souls. A little salty that it's a ps4 exclusive since I just went and bought a 980 ti. Will have to see what the future holds, no doubt the game will be rad.

jacobeid

Banned
This looks hype as shit too. What a great morning on GAF. Japan is killing it again...I feel like everything I'm most excited about is from a Japanese studio, much unlike last gen.

Top Bottom