• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Came to this thread purely because I just beat
Hino Enma
and I'm so, so happy. There is no margin for error in that fight given where I am at the game (very very early), so I didn't think there was any way I was going to beat her. Yay.
That feeling of accomplishment/relief after overcoming hard bosses in this game is pretty amazing. There were few moments in some boss fights when I would physically tense up, palms sweaty, and hear my heart beat pumping due to that adrenaline rush. So good lol.

I just finished the first mission and don't know what to do with all this excess stuff. Should I be selling it for levels, money, or disassembling it?
Depends. If you're trying to level up then you can offer all the excess stuff at the shrine for Amrita. If you're trying to farm gold, then dissemble your gear at the blacksmith instead of selling them cause you get more items that way for forging/reforging. For me personally though, I wasn't really worried about gold after I beat the game cause I didn't touch the blacksmith at all. Kept getting great weapons and switched my way up from one to another. Focusing your build/weapon becomes more crucial on New Game+ imo. So I'd personally focus on leveling up/Amrita farming for early game.

Was anyone able to get one? If so, could you die there so I can try to get it from your revenant?

There's the person in question, and then there's a group of 3-4 others also passing around the same weapon in that starting area.

In case it needs to be said, you can harvest all the graves, then kill yourself to reset them, as they were.

I know this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it: what do the red swords represent when fighting a Revenant? Is it just difficulty?

Basically I would love to know what the short hand is for when it's worth to fight them/or not if you're looking for loot. Level+red swords, or just the latter?

I think it might actually be faster to run the second final mission than it is to hope to get summon in front of the boss and not at the start of the mission =_=

I don't think I can progress with my life until I get that demon king smithing texts

I know this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it: what do the red swords represent when fighting a Revenant? Is it just difficulty?

Basically I would love to know what the short hand is for when it's worth to fight them/or not if you're looking for loot. Level+red swords, or just the latter?

Red sword just refers to difficulty.

Personally if I see that they're at a high level and they have purple stuff that I want, like a new dual sword, I'll fight them. But it's like a random chance drop and nothing is guaranteed.

Trakan

I did! I'll try to this tomorrow (it's 11:30pm here right now) with only the weapon equipped so that you can get it.

There's the person in question, and then there's a group of 3-4 others also passing around the same weapon in that starting area.

In case it needs to be said, you can harvest all the graves, then kill yourself to reset them, as they were.

It took forever, but I was able to get it. I died there to let other people get it too.

I think it might actually be faster to run the second final mission than it is to hope to get summon in front of the boss and not at the start of the mission =_=

I don't think I can progress with my life until I get that demon king smithing texts

Red sword just refers to difficulty.

Personally if I see that they're at a high level and they have purple stuff that I want, like a new dual sword, I'll fight them. But it's like a random chance drop and nothing is guaranteed.

Ah, so the gear circling them is what has a chance to drop for you?

Ah, so the gear circling them is what has a chance to drop for you?

Yes, you have a chance of getting 1-3 of the 6 of those icon.

Generally it's not worth it if they don't have purples or blues but sometimes they have higher level gear than their character level might suggest.

Also it should be noted, but don't pick a fight with them if you're on a narrow ledge lol. And pay attention to their "cause of death", sometimes they give you hints of encounters or traps.

Two 150 divine weapons with no (+) will not make a +1 weapon. You need at least a 150 divine plus a 150(+1) divine weapon to make that regular 150 into a +1 if you set it as base equipment in soul matching. To make a 150(+2) divine, you need at least two 150(+1) weapons. To make a +3 divine, you need at least two 150(+2) weapons and so forth. To keep bonuses, be max familiarity with the weapon you're trying to upgrade and set it as base material in soul matching. Sorry if my explanation is confusing, I'll try find video that explains better.

Edit: short random video explaining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fe2Vs3UyY

Thanks .
Made a +2 weapon

I don't know why but I just can't figure out the exact timing to hit triangle again for god of wind's followup after the kick with dual swords.

It's really bugging me and I've watched the tutorial vid and I still don't know when to hit it exactly.

edukate

So in NG+ will I be able to forge a divine Hino-Enma Kabuto helmet?

I just maxed out Itokuri and I'm trying to take advantage of the helmet's perk- that's if I can get paralyze to proc consistently :(

So in NG+ will I be able to forge a divine Hino-Enma Kabuto helmet?

I just maxed out Itokuri and I'm trying to take advantage of the helmet's perk- that's if I can get paralyze to proc consistently :(

You can forge it if you have the smithing text and divine frags for it

Mentok

Banned
Got a lvl 150 Kusarigama with the following stats:

Fam Damage Bonus A+
Close Combat Life Recovery 255
Close Combat Attack Ki Reduction 12.6%
Fire +15
Change to Attack (Dex) A+

Don't know if I should reforge any of those close combats...is there anything potentially better?

If not, then I'll work on reforging my Dualies:

Close Combat Attack (crit) +24.9%
Water +15
Str. Attack Ki Reduction 15.9%
Break +13
Str. Attack Break +22.3%
Change to Attack (Skill) A+

Also trying to find any 150(+) weapons, so I can start upgrading there...nothing so far.

knitoe

Fam Damage Bonus A+
Fire +15

Don't know if I should reforge any of those close combats...is there anything potentially better?

If not, then I'll work on reforging my Dualies:

Close Combat Attack (crit) +24.9%
Water +15
Str. Attack Ki Reduction 15.9%
Break +13
Str. Attack Break +22.3%
Change to Attack (Skill) A+

Also trying to find any 150(+) weapons, so I can start upgrading there...nothing so far.
For your Kusa, keep Fire and Dex. You want Final Blow. Depending on your build, close combat attack (crit), close combat damage or damage from behind. Others, up to you.

Mentok

Banned
For your Kusa, keep Fire and Dex. You want Final Blow. Depending on your build, close combat attack (crit), close combat damage or damage from behind. Others, up to you.

Oh, I would've thought Fam bonus was a good one to have as well.

Baalzebup

Close Combat Damage and Familiarity Damage Bonus come from the same pool of damage boosts and Close Combat Damage can roll a higher result, so it is better if you do get that high roll result. The best result is 15% at zero fam and 20% at max fam and it is simply the best general damage boosting trait you can get.

My current plan is to go up by 40-ish levels per working day, more during the weekend if I'm able to.

I was lv160 Saturday, I'm lv333 right now, so ~373 by tonight.

The road to lv750 is both long and quick at the same time. Good thing is that it's fun to do.

Deku Tree

My current plan is to go up by 40-ish levels per working day, more during the weekend if I'm able to.

I was lv160 Saturday, I'm lv333 right now, so ~373 by tonight.

The road to lv750 is both long and quick at the same time. Good thing is that it's fun to do.

what is your method for leveling up?

Drewfonse

Just beat it last night. Really fun game. I must admit to summoning for the last few levels. The last level's
greatest hits version of the bosses
would have been impossible for me solo. And I beat it at 106, so I was pretty underleveled. Good stuff.

Jingo

Im terrible, im using sloth in almost every boss, i know i shouldnt but knowing i have the option is too tempting, i dont know how i would pass
Saika
without it.

IvorB

Generally I go for the highest level above me I can find and then all purple or all but one slot purple unless you see a weapon that you like on them.

Just beat it last night. Really fun game. I must admit to summoning for the last few levels. The last level's
greatest hits version of the bosses
would have been impossible for me solo. And I beat it at 106, so I was pretty underleveled. Good stuff.

I loved the greatest hits section. Was it optional though? Didn't seem to achieve anything...

Number45

Is there a pattern to the revenants that automatically spawn when you get near to them? Most of the time you need to activate them, but there have been a few missions where the yokai aura appears when you get close and then they spawn if you get any closer.

Freeman76

Can anyone help me improve weapons please? I am still using the default divine weapons you get for completing the game. I have found a couple of weapons with +1 on them but they are much weaker.

Is there a pattern to the revenants that automatically spawn when you get near to them? Most of the time you need to activate them, but there have been a few missions where the yokai aura appears when you get close and then they spawn if you get any closer.
You have to kill the dude that's summoning them playing the guitar thing.

Number45

You have to kill the dude that's summoning them playing the guitar thing.
Oh, I thought he just summoned the demon heads. Thanks.

Can anyone help me improve weapons please? I am still using the default divine weapons you get for completing the game. I have found a couple of weapons with +1 on them but they are much weaker.
According to this post, you can use that +1 to level up your normal divine to +1.

Late Flag

Fam Damage Bonus A+
Fire +15

Similar here. I found a divine Kusarigama with inheritable Change to Attack (Dexterity) A a couple of days ago and nearly shit myself when I saw it. I've been running the chain and sickle the whole time, so that affix was a dream come true for me. I soul matched it to another Kusarigama that already had some stuff I liked and came up with this (at work, so numbers are approximate):

Close Combat Damage: 12%
Close Combat Life Drain: 20
Lightning: 24
Close Combat Ki Reduction: 12%
Close Combat Guard Reduction: XX (want to re-roll this at some point)
<[]>Change to Attack (Dexterity): A+

I've got this up to +2 and it hits for about 1100, though I'm not sure how that number translates in-game. I imagine I'll just keep leveling this until I beat NG+ and then clean up the dojo missions by respecing.

Trakan

I hope the DLC brings a weapon/armor level bump to like lvl 200.

I was hoping that too but I realized you can already be super overpowered, so unless they scaled enemies, it would just be overkill.

Familiarity damage bonus A+ is basically the same as Close Combat damage 15%. You can Close Combat damage 20%, but it's really rare unless you inherit it. I would reroll the health perk for Close Combat Ki Reduction, but that's just me.

Mentok

Banned
I was hoping that too but I realized you can already be super overpowered, so unless they scaled enemies, it would just be overkill.

Familiarity damage bonus A+ is basically the same as Close Combat damage 15%. You can Close Combat damage 20%, but it's really rare unless you inherit it. I would reroll the health perk for Close Combat Ki Reduction, but that's just me.

Oh, so it's not worth it then? I've tried (made a back up to online just in case) and was only able to get Close Combat 12-13%. So I guess I'll just leave it. I would reroll the health bump, but not sure what other skills are in that pool.

lawtowler

The Two Kings feels literally impossible for me.

Completed the main game and all side quests apart from these last two, didn't need to co-op once but the gap in difficulty is ridiculous here. I want to get both of these done so I can focus 100% on NG+

Completed the main game and all side quests apart from these last two, didn't need to co-op once but the gap in difficulty is ridiculous here. I want to get both of these done so I can focus 100% on NG+

Do you have any makibishi? You can use those, and/or run them around the rock to create some distance, then get your attacks in on the faster of the two. The only thing you need to pay attention to from big man is the lunging thrust that can cover a lot of ground.

IvorB

I finished the game at the weekend and last night I wasn’t going to play (being Monday) but I couldn’t resist a quick look. Jumped into that Two Kings mission and got murdered repeatedly for a bit :). One of the killings was so brutal I recorded it and will upload it when I get home. It seems really tough but I’m looking forward to sitting down to do it properly. I was thinking the last few bosses were way too easy so I can’t really complain now that they’ve brought the pain.

Newboi

Are there any known Revenants that drops a nicely stat rolled katana? The less reforging I'll need to do in newgame+, the better.

Mentok

Banned

What weapon are you using? Any onmyo or ninjitsu skills? What level are you?

Also, once you beat this and the other side quest "A Meeting..." you'll find regular NG+ missions a breeze.

lawtowler

What weapon are you using? Any onmyo or ninjitsu skills? What level are you?

Also, once you beat this and the other side quest "A Meeting..." you'll find regular NG+ missions a breeze.

Weapon = Katana (the first green one obtained from finishing the main story), Omnyo I have Sloth, decrease enemy defense and decrese enemy Ki regeneration. I do not have much available for ninjitsu.

hichanbis

Banned
Ok, for the Iga Jonin apparel, I need to farm spider leg husks.
What's the best farm spot for that?
I heard you don't need to fight Jorogummo (which is at the end of its level so it would be a 10 min run every time...) and can fight the Hira-gummo big spiders.
Is that true?

KillerAJD

God, playing this while also doing a play through of Dark Souls 3 is a trip sometimes, haha. Constantly catch myself hitting the wrong buttons in both games.

I am extremely bummed about the coop restriction though (regarding one player needing to have beaten the mission). I don't give a shit how easy or hard the game is, as long as I'm having fun, and that generally means playing with a buddy. Other than their statement at launch, has there been any inclination that the restriction will be removed or lessened?

It's a shame, as the game seems pretty fun, and my buddy and I would have a hell of a time playing through it together.

Also, are the rest of the missions similar in size to the first actual mission? It seemed more compact than something like in Dark Souls (possibly due to it being a single area and not connecting to the rest of the world), which I'm actually ok with. It meant it was relatively easy to get back to the spot where I died, which was nice.

Mentok

Banned
Weapon = Katana (the first green one obtained from finishing the main story), Omnyo I have Sloth, decrease enemy defense and decrese enemy Ki regeneration. I do not have much available for ninjitsu.

Depending on how much sloth you have:
Keep Tadakatsu (the slower one) away. Use the rock as much as needed and cast decrease Ki regen on Muneshige. His only real powerful move is when he sheathes his sword. Dodge TOWARD him and he'll miss. Focus on depleting him. The only real move to worry about from Tadakatsu is his charged spear thrust, so once both guys are close to you, go back out into the open to lure them from the rock. Head back to the rock with Muneshige following you so it's more "one-on-one". Save sloth for desperate times, don't depend on it.
You got this.

Is it worth it to go NG+ ? Or is it just better loot / more spongy/hardhitting enemies?

It depends. I used it to farm revenants to get the level 150 gear I have for my character. Now I have all the gear/weapons I want, but don't really feel compelled to grind out the money needed to max it all out because the actual levels aren't much of a challenge. So I'd say if you actually care about maxing out your character, yeah go for it, but otherwise it's not throwing anything major at you.

what is your method for leveling up?

All amrita gain on everything (and especially the magatamas with amrita gain during living weapon), attack +35 on everything, close combat damage in critical conditiion, 2 set bonus Mikawa, 6 set bonus Sanada Crimson

Then it's a matter of doing the penultimate (lv310) mission over and over again while keeping the buff from Saisetsu-shin Sake up throughout. I use 3 of them per run.

Top Bottom